"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Btw, what's up with Goku's SSJ2 transformation? In the early videos he also turned SSJ2 for his lv3 meteor attack. Did they removed it later, or is it still in?

It seems they also changed Freeza, his intro pose from his 1st form got changed to his 4th form pose, the one when he reaches 50% power.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:44 pm

KayDash wrote: It seems they also changed Freeza, his intro pose from his 1st form got changed to his 4th form pose, the one when he reaches 50% power.
Yeah, kinda sad about that one. I get the second pose is more trademark-y but the first one makes more sense (IMMA RAPE YA BITCH!!)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:50 pm

The problem with fighting games these days is they are nothing without building "hype", so while some may still have unlockables (although the FGC tend to disapprove of them), none of them are secret unlockables. I can't remember the last time a fighter came out where the company itself didn't reveal the entire roster before release... maybe MK Deception? And even then Liu Kang was leaked way before the game came out but that wouldn't be the developer's fault.
AgitoZ wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Mu-12, Susano‘o, Sin Kyske and Raven was and some of them still are unlockable in games they are firstly appeared.
I believe SSJB Goku and SSJB Vegeta will be unlockable characters in the game.
We know for a fact they are unlockable and not stuck behind a DLC paywall. This hasn't ever been up in the air.
The nomenclature I saw used gave me the impression that they're DLC coming later, but if you pre-order you get them early.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
KayDash wrote: It seems they also changed Freeza, his intro pose from his 1st form got changed to his 4th form pose, the one when he reaches 50% power.
Yeah, kinda sad about that one. I get the second pose is more trademark-y but the first one makes more sense (IMMA RAPE YA BITCH!!)
Hopefully it will be still available in some way, like holding down a button, or something like that. After all it looks perfectly fine, and they just wasted money and time on it, if they instead leave it out.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:12 pm

The DLC will probably be all Super characters. I'm willing to bet:

1. Hit
2. Caulifa
3. Kale
4. Zamasu
5. Goku Black
6. Jiren
7. Toppo...or Ribrianne?
8. Ultra Instinct Goku

I don't think the base game will have any Super characters outside the God forms and Beerus. And Beerus pre-dates Super anyway.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:28 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Mu-12, Susano‘o, Sin Kyske and Raven was and some of them still are unlockable in games they are firstly appeared.
I believe SSJB Goku and SSJB Vegeta will be unlockable characters in the game.
We know for a fact they are unlockable and not stuck behind a DLC paywall. This hasn't ever been up in the air.
Sin Kyske in GGXrd and Raven in GGXrd are unlockable through in-game currency. Also, you can unlock them, buying DLC.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm

The DLC sure sucked up a lot of the hype surrounding the game. What was the marketing team thinking by announcing it so soon and not including it in the collector's edition if that was the plan. :?
Either they are releasing characters like a month after the game is launched which would be gross or Bandai's marketing sucks.

Shame because if the game is as good as it seems, people would gladly pay for extra content(actually extra content). A character is worth a lot of hours in a fighting game.

Anyway place your bets for the two characters revealed next week by IGN. I'm guessing SSJ3 Gotenks and Pure Boo. I hope they attach gameplay, we've still haven't gotten anything of Ginyu.

We're also having a stream on Wednesday with apparently "new content revealed":
http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/10/28/b ... ember-1st/

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:47 pm

KayDash wrote:Btw, what's up with Goku's SSJ2 transformation? In the early videos he also turned SSJ2 for his lv3 meteor attack. Did they removed it later, or is it still in?
That was just SS1, and we never could figure out why sometimes he wasn't going SS3. Since it hasn't happened in the latest builds, and there didn't seem to be any reason for it at the time, it probably was just a glitch.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:18 pm

The greedy DLC announcement and the last two revealed characters killed my hype in trying to guess who will make the cut.
I'm ready for anything... except a gag character. I'm not ready to see a slot getting wasted for a character like that.

As for the DLC, if it's really a thing they should put Trio de Dangers in. The chances of them being in the main roster from the beginning was close to 0 anyway. They are perfect for this game.
Make Basil the playable one and Lavender/Bergamo his assists. Basil is the only character of this franchise that fights only with kicks, so that already makes him unique.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:10 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: I'm ready for anything... except a gag character. I'm not ready to see a slot getting wasted for a character like that.
There is no such thing as a wasted slot in a fighting game. I'm sure VegEX has been over that more than a few times, but to reiterate as someone who knows fighting games quite well: it's not how it works at all. They don't choose an arbitrary amount of "slots" in which to fill characters with. If anybody has ever done that in the history of making fighting games, they're doing it wrong.

Also "gag" characters are sort of a running theme for DragonBall in general, let alone the games, so it's pretty likely that it'll happen.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:09 am

We need this game to establish itself first before we start talking about adding "less serious" characters.. especially if the idea is to expand to the core fighting game community. While yes WE as Dragon Ball fanatics would appreciate the Arales and Kid Chichis of the series the FighterZ brand needs to be taken seriously first.

Once we get a second or third installment then there can add room for those types of characters. The only one that could possibly get a pass this time around would be Mr. Satan for obvious reasons and even then Street Fighter didn't get Dan until the first Alpha game which was technically SF5 and by then the franchise was HUGE. Tekken got Gon in Tekken 3 and Dr. Boskonovich in Tag 2. Mortal Kombat got Meat in MK4 and even goofier Mokap in Deadly Alliace aka MK5. Shit even Spike didnt start adding "Gag" characters until Tenkaichi 3 and by then they were scrapping the bottom of the barrel due to "Character count/slots" being one of their major marketing points.

I'm not bothered by the DLC either.. Its so common at this point that we'll just have to see how it plays out. NetherRealm handles DLC fairly well with an unfair pay wall usually only being for one character who's usually a "Pre-Order" bonus, Goro in MKX and Darkseid in Injustice 2 . I'm not too sure on Arcs' reputation but again we'll just have to wait and see.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:03 am

The S wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: I'm ready for anything... except a gag character. I'm not ready to see a slot getting wasted for a character like that.
There is no such thing as a wasted slot in a fighting game. I'm sure VegEX has been over that more than a few times, but to reiterate as someone who knows fighting games quite well: it's not how it works at all. They don't choose an arbitrary amount of "slots" in which to fill characters with. If anybody has ever done that in the history of making fighting games, they're doing it wrong.

Also "gag" characters are sort of a running theme for DragonBall in general, let alone the games, so it's pretty likely that it'll happen.
But it's true that time spent developing one character could be spent elsewhere.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 am

Saiga wrote:
The S wrote:

But it's true that time spent developing one character could be spent elsewhere.
It really shouldn't matter. As long as the character A) fits the series and B) is perfect playable (ie not super weak or OP to the point of throwing off balance), it's no difference.

If we got Arale and everyone complained that we didn't get Beerus or Raditz or somethin'... it may have been that those two were never even under consideration. I highly doubt, and I can say this with confidence, that if Arale got in instead of someone like them, they never gave two thoughts of putting her in "instead" of someone else.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:56 am

Captain ginyu trailer - His mix up games will be on point 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K4tjc6wBFQ

Interesting point to highlight, different specials for each character;

Burter would probably have his Mach Punch as his 2nd special whereas Jeice will have his red magma. I do hope they can fit in Recoome's eraser gun but you would need to give the other members a third special. Perhaps blue hurricane for Burter? I don't know about jeice/guldo's third special. :think:

Image :clap:

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 am

Would be cool to have the Purple Comet attack in there somewhere. The character(s) look(s) awesome enough already, though. Almost exactly what I hoped they would do with Ginyu.

Notice how Ginyu's character trailer is the first one that doesn't have "unique" music playing? It's the same as Freeza's. Makes sense, I suppose, as his right-hand man, but I guess this means not every single character will have their "own" theme.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 am

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Captain ginyu trailer - His mix up games will be on point 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K4tjc6wBFQ

Interesting point to highlight, different specials for each character;

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Burter would probably have his Mach Punch as his 2nd special whereas Jeice will have his red magma. I do hope they can fit in Recoome's eraser gun but you would need to give the other members a third special. Perhaps blue hurricane for Burter? I don't know about jeice/guldo's third special. :think:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] :clap:
Please use spoilers like I did when quoting you. Makes it easier for everyone not having to load all that.

Ginyu looks sick. Seems we'll be quite difficult to play.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 am

Oh my God Ginyu's spread eagles are killing me.

And that cinematic at the end is so perfectly awkward.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 am

What's with Cell and Freeza watching the Ginyu Force, is that a part of the Story mode? :lol:

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:08 am

Xeogran wrote:What's with Cell and Freeza watching the Ginyu Force, is that a part of the Story mode? :lol:
Mostly likely his teammates.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:24 pm

'Why Dragonball fighterz is the next Big Game'? (IGN shows some exclusive short gameplay videos of Nappa and Captain Ginyu)

https://www.facebook.com/ignnextbiggame ... =2&theater
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Would be cool to have the Purple Comet attack in there somewhere. The character(s) look(s) awesome enough already, though. Almost exactly what I hoped they would do with Ginyu.

Notice how Ginyu's character trailer is the first one that doesn't have "unique" music playing? It's the same as Freeza's. Makes sense, I suppose, as his right-hand man, but I guess this means not every single character will have their "own" theme.
Burter has Blue Hurricane and Recoome does have his eraser gun as seen in this video

https://www.facebook.com/ignnextbiggame ... =2&theater

Chaozu also has his suicide bomb attack.

Nappa is Jack O esque :think:

Body change; Image
Last edited by TheDBZmaster100 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.