"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Speaking of story mode. After ruminating here's how I would make the story mode with the limited roster.

It would be divided into 3 subsections:
New Story(#21 Story)
[spoiler]#16 and #17 visit #18 and Kuririn. They want to recruit #18 to join the new Red Ribbon Army. She refuses; "just like you brother" says #16. He pulls a device and uses it to control #18. It works. "Kill Kuririn to prove you're ours."
Fight #1 - #18 vs Kuririn

Maron who was hidden calls for help. Kuririn somehow survives "#18 she went easy on me, she's still resisting".
Everyone gathers at capsule corp. They throw theories around yadayadayada. Bulma gives a couple of locations of old RR bases.
The player has the option to divide the teams. The only requirement is that at least one captain must be SSJ level and not immature. Goku or Vegeta or Gohan or Piccolo.
All teams with the exception one don't find anything (this isn't random but determined during the previous selection phrase).

One team finds all the Androids, #21 shows up. Everyone's shocked yadayadayada.

Fight #2 - Team x vs #21, #16 and #18

Everyone on that team is consumed by #21.
The Androids are informed about the God Tier, #21 says she needs to consume more warriors to stand a chance.

The surviving warriors regroup. Goku and Vegeta or just one depending on who was consumed go to Beerus(You can pick the two or one warriors to accompany them). Beerus mocks them and says he'll help out if he's defeated. Lose or win he won't help, falling asleep in case of defeat.

Fight #3 - Team x vs Beerus

Meanwhile the rest of the warriors think of a way to isolate #21 by taking out the Androids.
In case Kuririn wasn't consumed he takes center stage. Coming up with a plan, if not Bulma does it.
The other fighters return to Earth and all together go to the Planet of the Kais to gather more info.
There we have a training fight to improve teamwork.

Fight #4 - Team X vs Team Y

They return to Earth and follow with the plan to bait out the Androids.

On the Island, location of another of Dr.Gero's laboratory they power up. #16 and #18 show up. If you have Gohan on the team he gets a special cinematic with #16 likewise for Kuririn.

Fight #5 - #16 and #18 vs Team X

Meanwhile #21 who was watching hidden, fights and consumes Team Y.
Her plan was to sacrifice the Androids.

Fight #6 - #21 vs Team Y

The final conflict is set with #21 having powered up by consuming all the fighters bar 3.

Final Fight #21 vs Team X

#21 is defeated, because of the damage she's taken she spits the Warriors eaten.

This can greatly improved but this is the general line I would take.[/spoiler]

Archives
[spoiler]My intention was for this mode to tell the stories we all know, that becomes impossible when Base Goku and Vegeta aren't in the game, plus taking into account stuff like Cell's and Freeza's forms, the lack of Super Boo, etc. It's impossible.
Maybe with DLC characters. We can still do some small stories.

Zamasu Arc
Fight #1 Trunks vs Goku Black
Fight #2 Blue Vegeta, Blue Goku and Trunks vs Goku Black.

U6 Arc
Hit vs Vegeta Blue
Hit vs Goku Blue
[/spoiler]

What if Stories
[spoiler]Yamcha solos Nappa.(Unlock the unique cinematic)
Ginyu teams up to defeat Freeza.
Everyone fight's Cell, who has a huge amount of health, you have to kill him before you're left with the last character Teen Gohan.
Etc...[/spoiler]

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:44 pm

I hope we get more movie characters, Garlic Jr. would be a fine addition to the roster
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:01 pm

So, about these Non-EVO FighterZ tournaments, is Ginyu banned? I remember back when he was revealed that his Body Change super could potentially make him tournament illegal.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:So, about these Non-EVO FighterZ tournaments, is Ginyu banned? I remember back when he was revealed that his Body Change super could potentially make him tournament illegal.
He isn't.

His body change is incredibly telegraphed and slow and requires a lot of assistance to get it to land properly. Aside from that, most of his normals are worse than a large amount of the cast and ginyu force assists aren't amazing since they come in a certain order. I saw a couple Ginyus in pools but you're not likely to see him higher up in the brackets. It's just too much work with not enough reward to use Ginyu for the most part.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:37 am

jeffbr92 wrote:I hope we get more movie characters, Garlic Jr. would be a fine addition to the roster
I'm not sure what he can offer that isnt covered by other characters unless you want his tiny form.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 am

Watched the Grand Finals yesterday. Ended up being Sonic Fox and Go1 again and even though it ended up going to game five, Go1 still dominated 6-2 to come out on top! He 3-0'd for the reset which was dope as hell.

Funny how when Ultimate Gohan was first showcased, everyone thought he was bland because of the trailer and now he turned out to be one of the most dangerous characters in the game lol at least for now anyway.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Has the new V-Jump been leaked for any new info on the DLC yet?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Has the new V-Jump been leaked for any new info on the DLC yet?
V-Jump hits Japanese shelves on the 21st of each month, barring a Sunday or a holiday, in which case it gets moved up slightly according to that schedule. The May 2018 issue of V-Jump will be released Wednesday, March 21.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm

When I look for FighterZ videos on YouTube:

Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 pm

- SonicFox vs G01 -

Both are top players and we can learn a couple of things by seeing how they play. My team is almost the same than GO1 but instead of Cell, I use Black.
He uses Adult Gohan the way I want to use. I still have a long way to go. :think:

Despite the result, I think what makes SonicFox dangerous as an opponent besides his gameplay skills is his attitude. From what I saw when he loses, he doesn't doubt of himself.
Instead he just thinks about what he did wrong and works on a way to fix it. That the right mentality and his match against NYChrisG before was a good example of this. With a attitude like that, it's hard to break his spirit. I'm interested to see until where this rivalry will go.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Has the new V-Jump been leaked for any new info on the DLC yet?
V-Jump hits Japanese shelves on the 21st of each month, barring a Sunday or a holiday, in which case it gets moved up slightly according to that schedule. The May 2018 issue of V-Jump will be released Wednesday, March 21.
I see. It's just that some issues have been leaked days before - for example, I think last month's was leaked on the 16th of February.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 am

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:41 am

Finally the one that interest! Awesome trailer! :clap:

So, the references I spot are for Nappa, Toma, Panbukin and Gine. Hopefully there will be one for his Time Breaker armor.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am

Grimlock wrote:Finally the one that interest! Awesome trailer! :clap:

So, the references I spot are for Nappa, Toma, Panbukin and Gine. Hopefully there will be one for his Time Breaker armor.

the pink wristbands make me thing of Fasha/Selipa

I'm not sure if that end one is his 'masked saiyan' colours

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:31 am

0:33...
This is getting a bit disappointing, a few animations is just not a proper trailer. If they don't want to spend money/resources on this, then they should just release a few minutes of gameplay that would accompany the short trailers, especially since the release date is wednesday, which means the character is pretty much already finished.
Y U DO DIS BAMCO :(

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Grimlock wrote:Finally the one that interest! Awesome trailer! :clap:

The third color sort of looks like how Raditz's armor is colored sometimes, but if that's the case I have no idea where the teal arm bands came from.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:17 pm

The third one is similar to Tagoma's colors, but it's a bit darker, and the colors are arranged differently... so maybe it's not Tagoma after all.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:10 pm

From the little I saw, I'm liking Bardock way more than Broly.

Anyway we're getting a gameplay stream friday, that's something.
https://twitter.com/hige_daimyo/status/ ... 1379668993
KayDash wrote:0:33...
This is getting a bit disappointing, a few animations is just not a proper trailer. If they don't want to spend money/resources on this, then they should just release a few minutes of gameplay that would accompany the short trailers, especially since the release date is wednesday, which means the character is pretty much already finished.
It's more than disappointing specially when their twitter account makes constantly a big deal out of every single so-called trailer. It's not like it's company policy either, Tekken's trailers literally show everything.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:16 pm

At least we have a date now. The 28th eh? I've been considering dropping Vegeta and his awesome assist from my team. Maybe it'll be Bardock who takes his place.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:55 pm

LightBing wrote:From the little I saw, I'm liking Bardock way more than Broly.

Anyway we're getting a gameplay stream friday, that's something.
https://twitter.com/hige_daimyo/status/ ... 1379668993
KayDash wrote:0:33...
It's more than disappointing specially when their twitter account makes constantly a big deal out of every single so-called trailer. It's not like it's company policy either, Tekken's trailers literally show everything.
It's ArcSys thing. Just look
Dizzy trailer: https://youtu.be/VOj36kQXNgk
Baiken and Answer trailers: https://youtu.be/0_GjipY-bDE