"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 pm

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Captain ginyu trailer - His mix up games will be on point 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K4tjc6wBFQ
Hmmm...i also hear Schemmel @0:06. So we finally have some parts of the English dub.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Chiatzu with suicide dive? Hell yeah :twisted: will he have Dodompa as well? After Tao he`s the one who used it more. Really hoping assist characters are expanded in combo and unique attaks like they seem to be doing instead of just being a counter move to give room.

My initial reaction aside (Ginyu were never characters I cared about) I`m enjoying what I am looking at. Colorful and unique gameplay!

I`ve noticed Yamcha working what it seems to be teleportation input, hopefully he`s got it because adding that up to rushdown is going to be delicious.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:51 pm

I found it interesting, that both Hyper DBZ guys and FighterZ devs came to the same conclusion of Tien should have Chiaotzu as an assist. :)

Nappa looks like a lot how he was in Extreme Butoden, except with higher quality graphics, which is nice. On the other hand they made Ginyu so much better and interesting then his ExB version, now with the Ginyu Force assists.
It also seems that Nappa will have the other color variations of Saibamen too, judging from the presence of Kyuukonmen. Or maybe it's just a palette variation.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 pm

KayDash wrote:I found it interesting, that both Hyper DBZ guys and FighterZ devs came to the same conclusion of Tien should have Chiaotzu as an assist. :)

Nappa looks like a lot how he was in Extreme Butoden, except with higher quality graphics, which is nice. On the other hand they made Ginyu so much better and interesting then his ExB version, now with the Ginyu Force assists.
It also seems that Nappa will have the other color variations of Saibamen too, judging from the presence of Kyuukonmen. Or maybe it's just a palette variation.
Nappa did not have the Saibamen in Extreme butouden. So far the Saibamen have 4 attacks ; an overhead slash, a behind the opponent kick, acid and their suicide bombing. It seems that you can stack them up like Jack o from Guilty gear and they seem to be independent like Jack O goons. Nappa is already better than his Extreme butouden incarnation. Captain ginyu is also far superior in this version than his Extreme butouden incarnation.

Captan Ginyu members seem to have 3 specials per character which is neat, ton of moves. What's missing is Recoome's driver.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:05 pm

I just read in a Youtube comment one of the best ideas for the "gag character" fill in but the ammount of work it would take, oh damn.

Oolong or Puar fighting with several transformations ala Shang Tsung of DB classics, like Gohan, Tao, Mummy, Devilman and so on.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm

I wonder if Chiaotzu will become unusable after he self-destructs? Maybe afterwards that move gets replaced with a "THIS IS MY FINAL KIKOHO" super? :P
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:27 pm

The recovering mechanics will likely be similar to him and the Saibamen but that would be cool. Chiatzu`s sacrífice could boost Ten right up to max so he rain down the kikoho hard.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Captain ginyu trailer - His mix up games will be on point 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K4tjc6wBFQ
Hmmm...i also hear Schemmel @0:06. So we finally have some parts of the English dub.
I think that's Ginyu making noises as he deflects that you're hearing.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:45 pm

TheDBZmaster100 wrote: Nappa did not have the Saibamen in Extreme butouden.
You are right, I mostly ment his normals and his speed, it reminds me a lot to how he was in ExB.
Olympian wrote:I just read in a Youtube comment one of the best ideas for the "gag character" fill in but the ammount of work it would take, oh damn.

Oolong or Puar fighting with several transformations ala Shang Tsung of DB classics, like Gohan, Tao, Mummy, Devilman and so on.
It sounds like a fun idea, but since all of those tranformations would need new 3D models, I doubt that they will do it. I was even a bit suprised that they did the full Ginyu Force.
Honestly, I'm fine with Mr.Satan, but it wouldn't hurt to have an other comic relief then him once in a while. Especially because there are many candidates for that role, Jaco, Yajirobe, Oolong, Pilaf Gang, Arale (although she is technically not a Dragon Ball character), etc.
Imagine Jaco being added to the game, and instead of a typical ki-charging animation, he starts drinking a bottle of milk. :D

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 pm

CHIAOTZU NO ITS NOT WORTH THE METER!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 pm

The S wrote: If we got Arale and everyone complained that we didn't get Beerus or Raditz or somethin'... it may have been that those two were never even under consideration.
That means everyone would think they wasted a slot, regardless if those two were never under consideration or not.
The S wrote: I highly doubt, and I can say this with confidence, that if Arale got in instead of someone like them, they never gave two thoughts of putting her in "instead" of someone else.
That's not the point. "Wasted slot" is a way of saying a less requested character made the cut, while other characters more requested didn't. What character you call that is subjective, but the point is the staff invested time and resources in building a character the majority don't care about compared to others.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:05 pm

MaskedRider wrote:CHIAOTZU NO ITS NOT WORTH THE METER!
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:11 pm

I figure the roster will at the very least include the fighters who were in Extreme Butoden, which would only leave Raditz, Kid Buu, Gotenks, Beerus, Broly, Bardock and Adult Gohan. I could see Raditz possibly getting left out though.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I figure the roster will at the very least include the fighters who were in Extreme Butoden, which would only leave Raditz, Kid Buu, Gotenks, Beerus, Broly, Bardock and Adult Gohan. I could see Raditz possibly getting left out though.
I would not be surprised it IS the same roster as Extreme Butoden with Hit and Goku Black as newcomers.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 pm

It's already not the EB roster with Yamcha, Tenshinhan and 16 being here. Plus SSB Vegeta if you want to count him.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:53 pm

So when are we hearing about the 2 new fighters? It's getting late and I thought it was today that IGN or whatever was gonna unveil them.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:55 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So when are we hearing about the 2 new fighters? It's getting late and I thought it was today that IGN or whatever was gonna unveil them.
IGN's two new fighters were Ginyu and Nappa.

But there's going to be a stream from Bandai tomorrow morning and it might have new characters.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:58 pm

The news I read said that on IGN's show NEXT BIG GAME. They would unveil new characters. Did the show air today already?

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:59 pm

It's november 1st, 9pm but no idea in which time zone... There will be a japanese stream with gameplay and the reveals (and even new Xenoverse and DBHeroes stuff), but IGN is desperately trying to represent it like THEY are revealing these new characters. :lol:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:00 pm

My mistake it turns out that was a lie according to another article. The episode aired and it was only Ginyu and Nappa. Boo clickbait.