"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:28 am

Given how close we are to release, I'm surprised there hasn't been any dub footage or a dub trailer yet. Given the concept of the story mode, I can imagine the Funimation cast having a lot of fun with it and I also want to hear Android 21's dub voice now we've heard a bit of her Japanese voice.

Speaking of voice acting, are these weird player character ciphers going to have actual voice lines? Or are we just the silent internal monologue while the characters speak like normal? Because if it's the former, then I love the idea that it's 2017 and Masako Nozawa will be getting yet another role in the franchise. She's already played Goku, Gohan, Goten, Turles, Bardock, Gotenks, Gogeta, Vegetto, Goku Jnr, Goku Black, a bunch of "what-if" fusions from various games and now...me in Goku's body.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by sayian_nation_ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 am

Simere wrote:By the way, we got confirmation that is indeed the Anison and BGM Pack from XV2 that DBFZ is getting.
Is this what the Ultimate edition is referring too when they say we get 11 songs from the Anime?

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:50 am

One thing bugs me about Android #21. She went as far as to genetically or mechanically turn herself into a super being, but she didn't bothered to fix her eyes. :)
Or is she one of those persons who wouldn't need glasses, but still prefers to wear one for the purpose of looking more intelligent or artsy?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Saiyan_nation_ wrote:
Simere wrote:By the way, we got confirmation that is indeed the Anison and BGM Pack from XV2 that DBFZ is getting.
Is this what the Ultimate edition is referring too when they say we get 11 songs from the Anime?
Yes.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm just hoping that pack is available to buy as DLC outside of the Ultimate Edition.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:51 pm

So what version is everyone getting?

Referring to console and specific edition.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:58 pm

KayDash wrote:At first glimpse it looks a somewhat like a female majin, from Xenoverse/DBOnline:
The red energy ball is also similar to Kid Buu's... Or Android #13's.
That was my first thought too.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:27 pm

I don't know what to think, with that hair she could also be #21 in a different outfit, but from all possiblity of endless choices, and with her scientist gimmick in their mind, why would they give her a persian outfit like that, which looks like something a Majin would wear?
On the other hand, if it's a female Majin, I'd rather have one with a more unique design, then one with Kid Buu's clothes, and I know (or at least hope) that ArcSys is smarter then that, and would do something new, like how they (and Toriyama) made #21 different, and not just female Dr.Gero.

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:43 pm

So many cutscenes without even a glimpse of adult Gohan or Videl. I really hope this isn't one of those situations where he's not involved like Goku Black's arc. ( I don't really need Videl to be in but if she was in a cutscene or something I'm sure it would indicate Gohan's inclusion)

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:56 pm

New_Guy wrote:So many cutscenes without even a glimpse of adult Gohan or Videl. I really hope this isn't one of those situations where he's not involved like Goku Black's arc. ( I don't really need Videl to be in but if she was in a cutscene or something I'm sure it would indicate Gohan's inclusion)
Or it could be that Gohan isn't announced yet? :P

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:10 pm

They don't even showed any story-specific about teen Gohan yet... I wonder how they will incorporate him into the story mode. Maybe as a flashback, or some of the dark clones will be teen Gohan?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Anyone else notice that the villains and Heroes are teaming up when Bulma is getting attacked?
Freeza: Now, it's time to return the favour!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So what version is everyone getting?

PS4 *buy all dlc from day one* edition.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:16 pm

PC, the version with DLC chars, without the music pack.
But I'm still waiting if those specs are the correct ones...

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 pm

I'll probably get the PS4 version first (thinking of getting the collector's edition 'cause that Manga Dimensions statue looks mighty nice), and nabbing the PC version down the road on a Steam sale or something.

cringey

Post by cringey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
New_Guy wrote:So many cutscenes without even a glimpse of adult Gohan or Videl. I really hope this isn't one of those situations where he's not involved like Goku Black's arc. ( I don't really need Videl to be in but if she was in a cutscene or something I'm sure it would indicate Gohan's inclusion)
Or it could be that Gohan isn't announced yet? :P
Nah, that would make sense.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Just the base PS4 version for me, which I'll pre-order sometime early January probably. I'll get DLC on it's own most likely.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So what version is everyone getting?

PC, and Switch if it comes out for that. Willing to pay for this game twice because it's honestly something I can see myself playing for the rest of my life.
It'll be between the "FighterZ" edition and the "Ultimate" edition, depending on what that Commentator Voice Pack brings. If there is even a single commentator that says "Tenshinhan" instead of "Tien", I'm grabbin' it.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:58 pm

KayDash wrote:They don't even showed any story-specific about teen Gohan yet... I wonder how they will incorporate him into the story mode. Maybe as a flashback, or some of the dark clones will be teen Gohan?
There's no way to tell because somewhow Nappa, Ginyu, Freeza and Cell are also there. Doesn't make sense have two different Gohans in the cutscenes so if Ultimate Gohan is in, one of them will be unlockable.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 pm

That might be where the three different stories come in; one where you "are" Goku, one where you "are" #18, and one where you "are" Freeza. Maybe one of the storylines will feature grown-up Gohan, while another features younger Gohan. One features Gotenks, another features future Trunks. Who knows.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.