"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:45 am

Nice of them to update the intro. On a side note that intro theme has always reminded me of Faulconer DBZ intro theme.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:55 pm

I wonder if anyone in the staff will realize the chibi lobby avatar has the armband in the wrong arm. :P

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm

KayDash wrote:Seems like his moves are indeed based on Z and early ToP stuff. (and some Xenoverse 2 too.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsUc-yc43s
It's a bit of a shame that they left out most of his new techniques from ToP.
However, I did not realized that one his supers is the beatdown on Android 20. That's a pretty cool reference.
We have to a remember that these short character trailers aren't entirely indicative of everything a fighter can do. There's a reason IKevinX specific that this breakdown is from the trailer and does complete breakdown later when the fighter's full moveset is available.

For comparison: Cooler's trailer does not demonstrate his famous Movie 5 punch that armors through non-Super energy projectiles, or even the two different ways his kneeing attack works.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:54 am

So on the path of gitting gud, I've finally reached a point where I need to develop a style. I'm sure you've seen a couple or currently this type of player

-"Brawlers" just beat the utter shite out of someone as fast as possible.
-"Floaters" Take advantage of the games physics to just jump out of EVERYTHING.
-"Assist Happy" Always ready to call an assist attack, or escaping to heal, constantly.
-"Technical" These guys know their characters, and seem to be in your head, nothing seems to work against them, everything seems to work against you

While I play with seven characters (maybe 8 if I learn Beers, 9 if there's a DLC character I want to buy.) I main Yamcha, Nappa, and Hit. With them I believe I will be using the mix of three styles, Assist Happy/Brawlers/Technical. When Yamcha and Nappa are on, primarily Assist Happy. Brawling with Yamcha is good, until it stops being good. And Nappa needs time he normally can't get to be used effectively. But, with finally getting a hand on push block and using the Assists, along with Yamcha's ground speed and Nappa's unique counter,special overhead move, and Saibaman planting, I can play defensively until the opponent makes a mistake, at which I can proceed to Brawler.

And if they're taken down, there's Hit who though I'm not a master, I say he's my Technical. I honestly don't know why more people don't play Hit, but it's an advantage for me because a lot of people do not know how to fight him. It helps in a beatdown rush game like this, he's the only one who doesn't play like the others, and I've taken down higher level players with Hit by himself, or just made things as hard as possible, especially when I send him out first if I lose the previous match. If Yamcha and Nappa are available, use them as distractions so Hit can snipe from afar, otherwise when alone, use his special skills to counter the opponent, and proceed to Brawl.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am

I can't seem to get a handle on how Piccolo is supposed to be played. With those stretchy arm grabs he seems like he's great for setting up combos but lacks the actual combo ability to do it.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 am

https://youtu.be/pdFAaxxEyIQ

#17 looking pretty sick with the rekka moves. Corner pressure is gonna be insane.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:44 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Ehhh he looks fun, but definitely not what I expected. :?
I'm disappointed they left out a lot of cool things he did in the last part of ToP, which makes me wonder when they finished his moveset.
He has the Aniraza punch as his level three. For what its worth.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Steam version just got a 3.2gb update. Probably Cooler/17 and the Halloween items.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Not gonna lie, I really enjoy the new stage. It looks pretty good.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:14 am

Oh boy, these Halloween colors are UUUUUUGLY.

We couldn't just have solid black/orange color palettes, we gotta give everyone 2 nasty side colors stacked onto it??

Man you know what this Goku color with black/red shirt and purple belt needs? Neon green boots!

Krillin has a purple gi, light green belt, orange shoes and wrist bands and RED SOCKS?? Who came up with these lol man...

Hit is the only good one because it's just a cool black outfit with orange clothes underneath, it looks sick why can't they all be as good.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:55 am

I see the Halloween capsule option at the store, but it's greyed out. What's that about? :eh: Oh, I see. You have to be online to get them. Boy I sure do love getting nothing but premium coins. :problem:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:58 am

New Dramatic Finishes though? SSJ Goku vs Cooler is a no brainer but I feel 17 is gonna get the short end of the stick here.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Ehhh he looks fun, but definitely not what I expected. :?
I'm disappointed they left out a lot of cool things he did in the last part of ToP, which makes me wonder when they finished his moveset.
He has the Aniraza punch as his level three. For what its worth.
It's not his level 3, but yeah he has it and I'm happy for that.

I finally was able to see a proper breakdown and I like his style, after all.
What I'm disappointed the most now is his assist. it's better than C18, but still not what should have been.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:50 am

nato25 wrote:New Dramatic Finishes though? SSJ Goku vs Cooler is a no brainer but I feel 17 is gonna get the short end of the stick here.
By the looks of the scans, he's paired with SSGSS Goku on an island, I think that's an indication

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:20 am

New ranks added:

Just realized you could do 1 v 1 now. Awesome.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:02 am

You can now play 1v1 and 2v2 matches, as well as mixed teams like for example 1v2 or 2v3. However, these are offline modes only.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:16 pm

I seriously might grind for that Super Saiyan Rose rank. I haven't played all that much since reaching Super Saiyan God, but now that might change.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Still stuck on Majin, i don't think i'll ever reach Rose, because i'm simply not that good and still haven't mastered IAD crossups.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:You can now play 1v1 and 2v2 matches, as well as mixed teams like for example 1v2 or 2v3. However, these are offline modes only.
And people thought it was a Switch exclusive...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:38 pm

I swear to god, those are sprites of the TOP participants in the background of the new stage
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017