"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:32 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:12 am I don't know why people want Caulifla when you already have Kefla? It would be like adding Goten when we already have Gotenks.
Who's asking for that? But even so, we're about to get Gogeta 2: Furry Edition, would Caulifla (or Goten for that matter) really be so egregious?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:27 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:12 am I don't know why people want Caulifla when you already have Kefla? It would be like adding Goten when we already have Gotenks.
Well we have Goku Black on top of having Fused Zamasu, so that argument doesn't work.

What you should be asking yourself instead is if Caulifla has a unique enough ability kit to be a separate playable character (like Goku Black).

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:16 pm

I can see Caulifla on the grounds that she can be an excuse to have the U6 Saiyans teaming up. You can have Kale with super armor as an assist for various attacks, plus Cabba's Galick Cannon/Impulse slash.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:48 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:27 pm
Well we have Goku Black on top of having Fused Zamasu, so that argument doesn't work.

What you should be asking yourself instead is if Caulifla has a unique enough ability kit to be a separate playable character (like Goku Black).
Goku Black was included before Fused Zamasu, and he’s a fan favorite anyway. I’m not saying Caulifla doesn’t have fans, but I don’t see what she would have to offer that Kefla doesn’t provide. Then again, we’re getting Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, even though they already gave his moves to his Super Saiyan Blue version, so I guess anything is possible.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:31 pm

Do you think Champa can work as a fighter without being a clone of Beerus?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:16 pm I can see Caulifla on the grounds that she can be an excuse to have the U6 Saiyans teaming up. You can have Kale with super armor as an assist for various attacks, plus Cabba's Galick Cannon/Impulse slash.
since the 3 of them have never worked as a team together ... most likely they are only caulifla and kale as a team in the anime they did a lot against goku or the u11 warriors just like black and zamasu are a duo of battle in the games

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:31 pm Do you think Champa can work as a fighter without being a clone of Beerus?
I dunno, he was hyped a lot back in the day heavily in manga and foreshadowed in Super Opening, but wasn’t doing much in the end and kinda faded. I like him as a comic character versus Beerus, but outside of that, is he that popular since Super ended and the Gods Of Destruction amount pretty much to nothing as an actual characters now?

I was hyped for the Gods before, but after Super ended, they are pretty much like Kaioshins... Having Supreme Kai in the game might be interesting call-back to Z when we saw some mild action from him and he sneaked in to Super Butouden series before, because there wasn’t enough characters from Buu arc yet as it was beginning.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:38 pm

Well you got here with I Bebi Hatchiyack-sama a new player for Dragon Ball FighterZ and I have already a HUGE question !

Who's the soul in the game ? (I know it's in fact us the player but in universe wise who would it be ?)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:41 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:38 pm Well you got here with I Bebi Hatchiyack-sama a new player for Dragon Ball FighterZ and I have already a HUGE question !

Who's the soul in the game ? (I know it's in fact us the player but in universe wise who would it be ?)
You basically answered yourself, it is you, in-universe as well. The game simply broke the fourth wall by aknowledging the player controls the characters in-game even in story, basically, when playing FighterZ we invade the Dragon Ball world and take over the characters there :lol:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:31 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:41 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:38 pm Well you got here with I Bebi Hatchiyack-sama a new player for Dragon Ball FighterZ and I have already a HUGE question !

You basically answered yourself, it is you, in-universe as well. The game simply broke the fourth wall by aknowledging the player controls the characters in-game even in story, basically, when playing FighterZ we invade the Dragon Ball world and take over the characters there :lol:
Well I guess if I were to adapt that into a proper story I should come up with a good idea as to who is this soul or souls is/are ? Is there one natural soul or two in the game ?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:12 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:31 am

Well I guess if I were to adapt that into a proper story I should come up with a good idea as to who is this soul or souls is/are ? Is there one natural soul or two in the game ?
Then you can write it as some fan-fiction, but this is the proper game story outside the DB series anime and manga,
so there is nothing really more. If you look at it, the Android 21 is also kinda Buu arc retelling combined with Android arc, that you have a bio-android like Cell, but created from cells of Majin Buu. Battling recolored clones in the process, which I still didn't got how they came to existence, or I forgot about it.

It's a cheap game exclusive story that incorporates the characters of the game. Like Shin Budokai did on PSP, those were even worse stories in my opinion.
I kinda liked the idea that I am the part of the story, tough the explanation about the reduced power levels was a bit clunkey.

Might be nice topic for the in-universe part of the message board :)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:32 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:12 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:31 am

Then you can write it as some fan-fiction, but this is the proper game story outside the DB series anime and manga,
so there is nothing really more. If you look at it, the Android 21 is also kinda Buu arc retelling combined with Android arc, that you have a bio-android like Cell, but created from cells of Majin Buu. Battling recolored clones in the process, which I still didn't got how they came to existence, or I forgot about it.

It's a cheap game exclusive story that incorporates the characters of the game. Like Shin Budokai did on PSP, those were even worse stories in my opinion.
I kinda liked the idea that I am the part of the story, tough the explanation about the reduced power levels was a bit clunkey.

Might be nice topic for the in-universe part of the message board :)
Or for the videogames section as which game as the best exclusive story ? hehehe.

Well for my story I plan to merge the android 21 story with the Bio Broly movie story removing just Bio Broly as an antagonist or I keep him as failed clone and making him a sub boss. Making all the character in the Bio Broly part of the Red Ribbon army. My overall story will have the two Broly's has twin brother named Broly and Broli (to reference Thomson and Thompson from the belgian comicbook Tintin).

Btw after Gogeta SSJ4 there will be more character or not ?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:13 am

There is speculation and fans hoping for Omega Shenron, but officialy, Gogeta is the last DLC so far.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Well I hope for Raditz because we all need a double sunday in our lifes :mrgreen:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Still no trailler for SSJ4 Gogeta?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:44 pm

How to unlock good 21 for the game ? I beaten the story and nothing :eh:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:07 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:44 pm How to unlock good 21 for the game ? I beaten the story and nothing :eh:
Did you complete all of the story or just the first part? You need to do it all.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:12 pm

You could just get #21 with the first Fighters Pass, which is what I did. I simply couldn't sit through the whole boring story.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 pm

I did brought the first fighter pass so I had the evil 21 but I want to play as the good version of the character and also ...
LightBing wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:07 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:44 pmHow to unlock good 21 for the game ? I beaten the story and nothing :eh:
Did you complete all of the story or just the first part? You need to do it all.
... Yes I beaten the three arc of the story.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:09 am

There is no Good 21 option outside of story mode.