"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:56 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm Wasting time and resources on that stupid DB Breakers where they could invest on a sequel to this game, it really makes me mad.
Who's wasting time?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:51 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:56 pm
Noah wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm Wasting time and resources on that stupid DB Breakers where they could invest on a sequel to this game, it really makes me mad.
Who's wasting time?
Dimps, I suppose. Though given big of a company Dimps is, Breakers is probably just a throwaway game for them.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:29 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:56 pm
Who's wasting time?
I think Noah meant Bandai & by extension Shueisha since they green light the games.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:39 pm

Has anything been said of there being another Season, or is Alt 21 the last LAST character?

Meito

Post by Meito » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:26 am

LightBing wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:10 am The game is pretty much done.
#21 was probably an easy way to reuse assets, making a few bucks while gaining time for a FighterZ2(if it ever comes).

I prefer it this way if a sequel is in the works. Not point having devs working on another Season which could slow down the future.
Yeah, it almost seems like #21 was made specifically for the DB Game Battle Hour.... That's bitter.
At this point it would be nice for Bandai to release a full version of the game, though I doubt they'll do that looking at Tekken 7.

How many more months will we have to wait before we get any news about the game or a possible sequel?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:52 am

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:39 pm Has anything been said of there being another Season, or is Alt 21 the last LAST character?
Nothing has been said. The assumption should be that it's done, unless there's a surprise like #21 was but it's not that likely.
Meito wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:26 am How many more months will we have to wait before we get any news about the game or a possible sequel?
I think a long time. There doesn't seem to be any rumors going about which isn't great.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:51 pm

The game got into EVO as a main game. Probably the last time that happens, while it wasn't impossible it was still a bit of a surprise.

The games will be ordered by numbers of entrants curious how it fares.
Seems to me most of NA dropped the game, Japan as well. Only Europe still maintains a high level and since I'm not sure how many are able to travel, I expect the competition to be not that great.

Maybe some announcements at EVO? We can only hope.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:07 am

LightBing wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:51 pm The game got into EVO as a main game. Probably the last time that happens, while it wasn't impossible it was still a bit of a surprise.

The games will be ordered by numbers of entrants curious how it fares.
Seems to me most of NA dropped the game, Japan as well. Only Europe still maintains a high level and since I'm not sure how many are able to travel, I expect the competition to be not that great.
Right now I'm wondering if Labcoat 21 will dominate Evo, from what I hear she has a ridiculously overtuned moveset, and she's easy to play to boot, and at the very least that super throw of hers' is disgusting with that permanent debuff is too much...

I wonder if they were planning to have Gero on the game, decided against it, but recycled that super throw on her, it'd be far more fitting with him, Omega too I guess if they remember that he has the power of that shadow dragon's toxic power (Which Omega himself never uses, but he has the potential for it).
Maybe some announcements at EVO? We can only hope.
I have my doubts about that, if there was a big announcement, I think they'd wait to release Labcoat later to build up hype, unless the announcement itself is DBFZ2, which in this case, I can see Labcoat being released earlier to keep people playing for a while, to have more people watching Evo for the announcement, or at least that's how I see it.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:29 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:50 pm Plus Breakers doesn't seem to be your typical AAA DB video game...
Speaking about that, there's nothing about a core game this year, huh? Funny it's been 4 years since Super ended and yet we don't have any game labeled with the brand. Even GT had like one or two...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:38 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:29 pm
Speaking about that, there's nothing about a core game this year, huh? Funny it's been 4 years since Super ended and yet we don't have any game labeled with the brand. Even GT had like one or two...
Could possibly be do to the fact that the next Gen (more specifically PS5), still having limited availability. I'd assume Bamco would want to drop a game once they know everyone can play.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:23 pm

Noah wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:29 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:50 pm Plus Breakers doesn't seem to be your typical AAA DB video game...
I know what your trying to imply with this :roll:

those two GT games are widely considered the worst games in the franchise staright kusoge. Final Bout is only good for its intro and Transformations beat em up was a forgotten failure even though all the other DB GBA games are remembered & sold very well at that time. If anything the failure of those GT game are a more plausible reason why they dont add anime series brand names of the others aside from Z & Heroes(which most of their games stay in Japan only) to the games anymore.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:23 pm those two GT games are widely considered the worst games in the franchise staright kusoge
But these aren't Taiketsu and Sagas though :roll:

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:57 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:23 pm those two GT games are widely considered the worst games in the franchise staright kusoge
And thats supposed to give it some sort of pass? it still was a terrible game from graphics to sluggish controls & there is a reason Game magazines called Final Bout the worst PlayStation fighting game ever made. Final Bout, Transformations, Taiketsu, UB22, etc all of em are in that same tier of worst DB games.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:24 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:57 pm
Xeogran wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:31 pm
And thats supposed to give it some sort of pass? it still was a terrible game from graphics to sluggish controls & there is a reason Game magazines called Final Bout the worst PlayStation fighting game ever made. Final Bout, Transformations, Taiketsu, UB22, etc all of em are in that same tier of worst DB games.
To be frank, Xenoverse 2 is worse than Ragin Blast in my opinion and quite broken game as well. People played Final Bout and UB22, because of Dragon Ball, there wasn’t anything else. I even have a friend, who at that time actually trained in that training mode and was bringing over his memory card and challenged other guys around :lol:
It was actully quite fun, the levelling system worked like in Final Fantasy 2, so you could have insane kicks or punches or whatever aspects you focused on.

Taiketsu was actually super horrible and what didn’t help was that there were games like Budokai or Legacy of Goku around. I remember Final Bout being quite playable and had interesting roster of characters at the time when GT was popular (of course, 7 Gokus). Ultimate Battle looked weird and unpolished, but played like Super Butouden (FB too) and Shin Butouden that took the nice sprites on Saturn was actually quite fun.

Transformation also wasn’t that bad from what I remember, but people were actually promised and waiting for GT sequel to Legacy Of Goku and what we got was a linear platformer instead, that wasn’t as good as Advanced Adventure and zero replayability, unless you wanted to buy one character and experience the linear story again with Vegeta and then buy Uub and again… and it also ended mid story on cliffhanger for a sequel, that never came because everyone wanted GT Legacy of Goku anyway…

But Taiketsu and Sagas were downright weird and broken games, not just sluggish.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:57 pm

Did idly play the game, but Lab Coat 21 did make me sleep on the game for the time being, and the game seems likely done besides maybe rollback being added in the far future. Don't see anymore DLC packs, and Arcsys seems busy with other FGs atm.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:06 am

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:57 pm Did idly play the game, but Lab Coat 21 did make me sleep on the game for the time being, and the game seems likely done besides maybe rollback being added in the far future. Don't see anymore DLC packs, and Arcsys seems busy with other FGs atm.
Well, I have ran up to 400 000 BP over online play like almost two years ago and as the gameplay changed and I missed on the progression as I was returning on like quarter year basis to try out new DLC characters, I am getting smashed in online.
The blocking in the game is crap in that there is no option to recover from endless combos, unless the attacker does a mistake.

I think that 21 Lab Coat is fine, but clearly a throw away character. Most of the attacks are taken from her Majin form, her intro is pretty basic and she doesn't have much interaction with other characters, mostly generic dialogues.

We can conclude that this game is done for sure until a sequel comes out, which I am spectical about.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:18 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:06 am
Shorty GZ2 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:57 pm Did idly play the game, but Lab Coat 21 did make me sleep on the game for the time being, and the game seems likely done besides maybe rollback being added in the far future. Don't see anymore DLC packs, and Arcsys seems busy with other FGs atm.
Well, I have ran up to 400 000 BP over online play like almost two years ago and as the gameplay changed and I missed on the progression as I was returning on like quarter year basis to try out new DLC characters, I am getting smashed in online.
The blocking in the game is crap in that there is no option to recover from endless combos, unless the attacker does a mistake.

I think that 21 Lab Coat is fine, but clearly a throw away character. Most of the attacks are taken from her Majin form, her intro is pretty basic and she doesn't have much interaction with other characters, mostly generic dialogues.

We can conclude that this game is done for sure until a sequel comes out, which I am spectical about.
Don't worry about it, I get smashed online too & the (lack of) defensive options got me bent lol (am more used to/favouring other games like Melty Blood). Lab Coat 21 does seem like something like a whipped up together bonus than a sign for anything more. Though by this point, I'm not sure what else a sequel can offer after all the patches have basically been the additions/gameplay tweaks that could've made the sequel a different game (so DBFZ by this point is very complete besides not adding more cool stages, Dramatic Intros & Dramatic Finishes).

Plus, I'm not too enthused by who else could be added to the mix (Raditz, Turlece, Piccolo Daimao, Toppo, Mr. Satan, Dabura, Omega Shenron/Yi Xing Long or the other Dragons, Bergamo, Zarbon, Ribrianne, Super Android 13, Super 17, Moro, Granolah, Oob/Majoob, Tapion, Bojack/his crew, Tao, Future Gohan, Majin Vegeta with a forehead M, Pikkon/Paikuhan, Shallot, Mira/Towa, Cumber, SSG Goku, SSBE Vegeta, Garlic Jr, Bulma in a mech suit, Whis, Gamma 1/2, Imperfect Cell, Lord Slug, Gas, Dr. Wheelo, Sealas, Hearts, Fuu, etc).

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 01, 2022 7:22 am

I am really missing Omega Shenron in the game. Somehow, the inclusion of SSJ4 Gogeta without him irks me.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon May 02, 2022 2:24 pm

Bandai Namco:

"We’re currently working on the game balance update, including the “Android 21 (Lab Coat)” DLC which was released on February 24, 2022.

The details of the release time will be announced at a later date.

We hope for your continued support of DRAGON BALL FighterZ.
"
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue May 03, 2022 7:29 am

EVO registration probably had something to do with the incoming nerf on LC21. i mean GBVS beat us in registration for ffs :crazy:

rollback netcode & sequel with new & good chracter designs is needed BADLY otherwise this is gonna be a flash in the pan db game when it deserves to have a series like the budokai games.