"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Oh my GOD! He looks so good!

His intro his awesome, his moves are flashy but also cocky, the little touch showing Vegeta/Goku during the Final Kamehameha, he looks so good.

Now I don't know who to have on my team since he's definitely gonna be my point man.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:41 pm

KayDash wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:So the rumors were true
They were not really rumors. Their names are in the game's files, listed under the other playable characters, which was datamined at release day.
Even worse.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
KayDash wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:So the rumors were true
They were not really rumors. Their names are in the game's files, listed under the other playable characters, which was datamined at release day.
Even worse.
I'm fine with Norm. Goku/Vegeta's inclusion, but I get it why you are disappointed. If that helps, this game will go strong for years to come, and I'd bet my money on that we will see Jiren in 2019.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:34 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Vegetto trailer: https://youtu.be/ZcLWyQNV_z0
Wow, that was unexpected! Vegetto Blue looks cool, though now it feels weird that a player can compose his team with SSJB Goku, Vegeta and Vegetto. It should have a way to combine them both to be one character or whatever. Now only 4 DLC characters left.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:38 pm

SSB Vegetto intro is by far the best of the entire game!!!
ASW keeps breaking their limits. That detail where we can see Goku/Vegeta during the Final Kamehameha is just brilliant. :clap:

Well if the datamine is indeed correct, the fun is over.

Another Goku and Vegeta is just wrong. No matter how many dramatic intros/finishers they can do with them. The fighting game fans that are playing this game without much knowledge about Dragon Ball, may be thinking this franchise has no more characters to offer which couldn't be further from the truth.

Coola is also stupid. He was nothing new to offer. From DBZ, Dabra or Janemba would be much better choices than him.

DBS C17 is okay. They have more than enough material to make him different from C18. I would still pick Caulifla/Kale/Kefla or Jiren over him, because he already appears as assist for C18.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:03 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:SSB Vegetto intro is by far the best of the entire game!!!

Coola is also stupid. He was nothing new to offer. From DBZ, Dabra or Janemba would be much better choices than him.
I kind of understand why they went with Cooler, though. He is the second most recognizable and popular DBZ movie villain behind Broly and
a legacy character from another Dragon Ball fighting game series made by ASW, DBZ Supersonic Warriors.
We have no idea what kind of moveset he'll have, but since he will most likely be in his Final Form,
I expect he would be a melee-based, ground and pound, rush type (just going by how he fought in movie 5).
To be honest, I would have preferred Metal Cooler as that version has the potential of being a composite character that incorporated moves from both movies (including Instant Transmission).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:07 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Now only 4 DLC characters left.
I think some PC hack showed the 4 we've got now alongside #17, Cooler, Base Goku & Base Vegeta.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:32 pm

sintzu wrote:I think some PC hack showed the 4 we've got now alongside #17, Cooler, Base Goku & Base Vegeta.
The first two are welcome, but more Goku and Vegeta? That's makes six of them! This starting to feel like Tenkaichi roster.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Tfw you realize this is the first time...

...Vegtio was ever playable in a DBZ game made by ArcSystem Works!
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Man, he looks cool. I already like him more than Bardock; if you're going to make another jack-of-all-trades high utility Saiyan character, the least you can do is make him incredibly flashy. That level 3 montage :clap:

So yeah, I'm way more excited for him and Zamasu than I was for Bardock and Broly. Still feel like it's all downhill from here with this DLC lineup though. 17's alright, but it will take a lot to make me give a shit about Cooler and Base Goku/Vegeta.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
I think some PC hack showed the 4 we've got now alongside #17, Cooler, Base Goku & Base Vegeta.
I overestimated Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla's popularity. I was sure at least one of them would make the DLC. Maybe somewhere further down the road?

Well, again at least these characters are all pick and choose who you want to buy. I could see buying #17 and Base Goku. I'd probably get them, Vegetto, and Merged Zamasu.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Chuquita wrote: I overestimated Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla's popularity. I was sure at least one of them would make the DLC. Maybe somewhere further down the road?
I think it's less a popularity issue and more a case of these characters taking a long time to make and they were probably planned out months ahead of time. This first season pass of 8 characters was announced mid-to-late last year, they probably weren't considering anything from the ToP at that stage. With the exception of 17, all of the season 1 characters could have been in development alongside the base game characters. Of course that doesn't excuse them for making some uninspired choices when there are plenty of unique established characters to choose from (WHERE ARE THE OG DRAGON BALL CHARACTERS) but it does explain why we probably won't get Caulifla or Kale for a while.

I expect them to lean hard into ToP for either season 2 or FighterZ 2. Jiren and the Saiyan girls will be massive draws, mark my words.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
Chuquita wrote: I overestimated Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla's popularity. I was sure at least one of them would make the DLC. Maybe somewhere further down the road?
I think it's less a popularity issue and more a case of these characters taking a long time to make and they were probably planned out months ahead of time. This first season pass of 8 characters was announced mid-to-late last year, they probably weren't considering anything from the ToP at that stage. With the exception of 17, all of the season 1 characters could have been in development alongside the base game characters. Of course that doesn't excuse them for making some uninspired choices when there are plenty of unique established characters to choose from (WHERE ARE THE OG DRAGON BALL CHARACTERS) but it does explain why we probably won't get Caulifla or Kale for a while.

I expect them to lean hard into ToP for either season 2 or FighterZ 2. Jiren and the Saiyan girls will be massive draws, mark my words.

Sounds good. Jiren doesn't interest me, but I'd buy dlc for Caulifla or Kefla.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Kataphrut wrote:

If the Saiyan girls do get in, I could see them being a duo character like #18 and #17 with Caulifla being the main fighter Kale is there for support, only Kale is always there.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:40 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:

If the Saiyan girls do get in, I could see them being a duo character like #18 and #17 with Caulifla being the main fighter Kale is there for support, only Kale is always there.
They could have 3 supers:

Level 1: Kale's Berserker Rage. Probably a command grab where she does that move from the anime that was like a homage to the Avengers.

Level 3: Controlled SSJ Berserker Kale and Caulifla Tag Team Attack, like in the anime.

Level 3: Kale and Caulifla fuse into Kefla. They then proceed to do the attack they aimed at UI Goku before he Kamehameha'd her.

What could Kale do as Support though? Hopefully the manga does more with her character than in the anime. We didn't see much unique attacks from Kale and Caulifla besides the new moves Kefla showed off.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Exline wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:

Level 1: Kale's Berserker Rage. Probably a command grab where she does that move from the anime that was like a homage to the Avengers.

Level 3: Controlled SSJ Berserker Kale and Caulifla Tag Team Attack, like in the anime.

Level 3: Kale and Caulifla fuse into Kefla. They then proceed to do the attack they aimed at UI Goku before he Kamehameha'd her.

What could Kale do as Support though? Hopefully the manga does more with her character than in the anime. We didn't see much unique attacks from Kale and Caulifla besides the new moves Kefla showed off.
They have Kale shooting a stray ki blast that can be done while Caulifla is fighting for the special attack, pinning down the opponent, tossing Caulifla at the opponent like an anchor, and Christmas Beam. Caulifla and Kale compliment each other a lot more as a duo than individually.

On their own Caulifla has the dive kick to stun, Crush Cannon (multiple stray red ki blasts), and that volcano move while Kale has Berserker Rage for Lvl.3 install. All Kefla has is surrounding herself with energy spheres which Beerus can already do and more.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:02 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Exline wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote: If the Saiyan girls do get in, I could see them being a duo character like #18 and #17 with Caulifla being the main fighter Kale is there for support, only Kale is always there.

They have Kale shooting a stray ki blast that can be done while Caulifla is fighting for the special attack, pinning down the opponent, tossing Caulifla at the opponent like an anchor, and Christmas Beam. Caulifla and Kale compliment each other a lot more as a duo than individually.

On their own Caulifla has the dive kick to stun, Crush Cannon (multiple stray red ki blasts), and that volcano move while Kale has Berserker Rage for Lvl.3 install. All Kefla has is surrounding herself with energy spheres which Beerus can already do and more.
Pretty much. I read the moveset you did for them, it was good stuff. I'd actually prefer having them as a duo and Kefla being a seperate character. Having her as a transformation would limit what you can do with her, while just having her and skipping C&K ignores a lot of good co-op move potential.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:I overestimated Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla's popularity. I was sure at least one of them would make the DLC. Maybe somewhere further down the road?
http://www.animegamesonline.com/2018/02 ... ned-rumor/

Who knows if this'll happen or not but based on XV2 getting more characters than what was planned gives me hope we'll get more here as well.
jeffbr92 wrote:The first two are welcome, but more Goku and Vegeta? That's makes six of them! This starting to feel like Tenkaichi roster.
That'd be somewhat acceptable if we had more characters in the game or season pass but we don't so they bring the "new" characters down to 6. Hopefully this second season pass is true as that'll somewhat make up for it.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:54 am

sintzu wrote:
Base Goku and Vegeta :lol:

17 being his own character while 18 is stuck with him as part of her moveset is also shitty

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:35 am

Nevaeh wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Base Goku and Vegeta :lol:

17 being his own character while 18 is stuck with him as part of her moveset is also shitty
He could also have team attacks with her.