"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 am

Jord wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:02 amPlease don't share illegal scans as they hurt the legitimate sources.
Yeah, because I was definitely going to buy a Japanese magazine from all over Greece.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:22 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:29 pm
Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:49 pm FRIEZA MAINS, RISE UP
NO STAY DOWN :lol:

Freeza main online was nightmare today. I could not get close. at all.
Nah man, base Vegeta and Trunks are the new S-tier degenerates now.

"Hey I'm just gonna EX kick fly at you from half screen is that cool? You like stomps?"

"Flip somersault, shining slash, EX flip, air beam, vanish, YOU NEED TO BE STOPPED".
PREACH, specially Vegeta, i got my ass beaten by a Vegeta main, didn't even touch him once he switched to him.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 pm

I have a feeling that Bandai Namco's Spanish Twitter account might have spoiled Pikkon as an upcoming DLC character.

It makes sense. Cell "hates him" as he was destroyed in a heartbeat in the filler, and his skin fits the green blackground we saw before.

So:

Kefla
MUI Goku
Omega Shenron (99% confirmed)
Pikkon (50% confirmed)

Roshi? I hope so.

It'd be very cool.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:08 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 am Yeah, because I was definitely going to buy a Japanese magazine from all over Greece.
Lots of us do this from all over the world, though...? V-Jump is extremely reasonable to pre-order and have shipped from Amazon JP every month. I've done it for years.

That being said, sharing a single page or selection from V-Jump is not the same as "here's a complete product replacement." It's fine. Just be sure that when you share things, you're not linking to or supporting those who do in fact illegal secure (read: literally steal physical) copies of magazines ahead of time, and/or people who share things and cannot actually read what they're sharing and in turn spread false/misleading information.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:12 pm

That sucks, but I completely agree with their approach. Safety first.

That said, I'm DYING to see the World Tour of Season 3. Can't wait to see Tachikawa's Frieza, Toki's Krillin and Dogura's Cooler.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:08 am
Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 am Yeah, because I was definitely going to buy a Japanese magazine from all over Greece.
Lots of us do this from all over the world, though...? V-Jump is extremely reasonable to pre-order and have shipped from Amazon JP every month. I've done it for years.

That being said, sharing a single page or selection from V-Jump is not the same as "here's a complete product replacement." It's fine. Just be sure that when you share things, you're not linking to or supporting those who do in fact illegal secure (read: literally steal physical) copies of magazines ahead of time, and/or people who share things and cannot actually read what they're sharing and in turn spread false/misleading information.
I get that. I just find it completely unnecessary for someone to say that one should censor the pics in this website when A) high-res pictures follow in a couple of days and B) YouTube will have about a hundred videos with said pages.

And like you said, it's a low-res scan of ONE page. Hardly a reason to get one's underwear in a bunch.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm

“Well everyone else does it / it’ll just be on YouTube” isn’t a valid reason for anything. Strive for something more.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm “Well everyone else does it / it’ll just be on YouTube” isn’t a valid reason for anything. Strive for something more.
Why? Bandai themselves post high-quality pics of the screenshots included in the magazine scans literally a few days later.

This is literally making mountains out of molehills.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:18 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 pm I have a feeling that Bandai Namco's Spanish Twitter account might have spoiled Pikkon as an upcoming DLC character.

It makes sense. Cell "hates him" as he was destroyed in a heartbeat in the filler, and his skin fits the green blackground we saw before.

So:

Kefla
MUI Goku
Pikkon (50% confirmed)

Roshi? I hope so.

It'd be very cool.
Haven't seen anyone else talk about this. What post are you referring to as alluding to Paikuhan DLC?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm

Makaioshin wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:18 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:05 pm I have a feeling that Bandai Namco's Spanish Twitter account might have spoiled Pikkon as an upcoming DLC character.

So:

Kefla
MUI Goku
Pikkon (50% confirmed)

Roshi? I hope so.

It'd be very cool.
Haven't seen anyone else talk about this. What post are you referring to as alluding to Paikuhan DLC?
Bandai Namco's Spanish account was asked about S3's new characters, and they replied with something like "Cell won't be happy about it".

Cell was defeated with two blows by Pikkon, and there's a green background that represents an upcoming character.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:56 pm

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/statu ... 46148?s=20
Ah, I see now. Was looking at the Spain account and not LATAM. I don't know how much stock should be placed in it but this could be his year between this game and Kakarot(to)...

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Actually they said something like "we could tell but Cell would smash us". I think the possibilities here are Pikkon, Gero and maybe Mr. Satan.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:51 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 pm Actually they said something like "we could tell but Cell would smash us". I think the possibilities here are Pikkon, Gero and maybe Mr. Satan.
I still think this is a version of gohan maybe great saiyaman

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:42 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 pm Actually they said something like "we could tell but Cell would smash us". I think the possibilities here are Pikkon, Gero and maybe Mr. Satan.
Gero has zero to offer. Mr. Satan... please no.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:16 pm

I can’t think of any reason to include Gero in this game. Outside of the energy absorbing gimmick, he’s far too generic of a fighter. Pikkon would make a lot more sense, given that he has a unique fighting style, especially for a filler character.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:46 pm

I would love Dr.Gero in this; ideally I would like him paired up with #19 as a stance character, short -rage and long rage.
Character would do best as a grappler, whilst having the energy absorbing.

Mr.Satan would be awesome if they went all out on the comedy.

Pikkon has a bunch of attacks, he's one of the better filler characters. I would still prefer the others than him.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:10 am

I also want Mister Satan. The gay techniques he could use would be really funny and make him stick out against the other characters.

Paikuuhan is a little...eh. I'd prefer more Dragon Ball Super characters make appearances. Hell, I'd take Bojack if his minions were side characters.

Ooh, how about Doctor Uirou-controlled Piccolo or Doctor Kochin with Ebifuryaa, Kishime and Misokattsun as as part of his attacks?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:33 am

That seems like a very random way to drop a hint to a DLC character, so I'm not sure how to take it. Even the hint is weird, "smashed by Cell"? Surely that alludes to 16 if anyone, but he's already in.

Most of the major players from that arc are accounted for, and for the ones that aren't, surely there are better clues. Like, if it was Gero, why not say 17 since he actually killed him? Or if it was Pikkon, that dude also beat up Freeza, King Cold, the Ginyus, went toe-to-toe with Goku and held off Janemba. There's plenty to work with there.

I hit Majin rank today, been on a role. My Kefla and Hit have been putting in good work lately.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:35 am

Getting Paikuhan would be pretty obscure... sure, he can go against Janemba in-universe wise, but if it is someone getting smashed by Cell, I am afraid it will be Satan. No offense, I will have him rather than Paikuhan and it makes more sense to get Satan (of course he will be called Hercule in US and Europe :roll: ). On the other hand, weak in-universe, he can be pretty fun in serious fighter, where he will play on par with others and not being total joke gameplaywise, but visually.
Soooo... Mr. Satan, Roshi and Li Shenron???
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88