"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

They said that they created A21, because storyline reasons, and because there were very few female fighters.

I think that gives away the fact if she is playable or not..

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 pm

KayDash wrote:They said that they created A21, because storyline reasons, and because there were very few female fighters.

tbf arcsys recently continued the trend of final female villain in ggxrd but DIDNT make the main antagonist of the last two games playable, so I'm hoping it wont do that again

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Does ASW usually have stages as DLC?
If we get someone as Janemba for example, I would like the Hell location from Fusion Reborn to be included with him.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Does ASW usually have stages as DLC?
We don't even have Kami's Palace yet, or the U7 vs U6 arena, and many other classic ones too, so I hope so.
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
KayDash wrote:They said that they created A21, because storyline reasons, and because there were very few female fighters.

tbf arcsys recently continued the trend of final female villain in ggxrd but DIDNT make the main antagonist of the last two games playable, so I'm hoping it wont do that again
It would be weird after all this hype if they wouldn't make her playable. I mean if she has an over the top final form, with only a few really damaging moves, I wouldn't mind if that's not included, but her basic version should be.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 pm

#21 has to be in. I would be very disappointed if she isn't. Hopefully they are hiding her, if there's even a glimpse that she might be spoiled in the new V-Jump I will avoid this forum and many others like the plague. Ditto for storyline details, I want to experience that to the fullest.

They already screwed us with the Blue Saiyans, imagine if they didn't showed them. You would play the game and unlock them to your surprise, how awesome would that be! I wouldn't even be disappointed with them being clones; hidden content hurray I would say. Let's see if they saved at least #21 for this.

Damn pre-order bonuses! There's a chance that if those weren't a thing the previous scenario might have been a reality. Oh well.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:03 pm

LightBing wrote:#21 has to be in. I would be very disappointed if she isn't. Hopefully they are hiding her, if there's even a glimpse that she might be spoiled in the new V-Jump I will avoid this forum and many others like the plague. Ditto for storyline details, I want to experience that to the fullest.

They already screwed us with the Blue Saiyans, imagine if they didn't showed them. You would play the game and unlock them to your surprise, how awesome would that be! I wouldn't even be disappointed with them being clones; hidden content hurray I would say. Let's see if they saved at least #21 for this.
This is my beef with Super's spoilers as well. I am seriously debating abandoning this place (and any DB-related websites) until March so that I don't learn any spoilers as to what will happen in the last episodes of the ToP.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 pm

will there be two separate open betas?
My English is poor .

TheSonofKakarrot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSonofKakarrot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 am

Hi again everyone,

Please pardon my ignorance as I’m late to the party. I just want to be sure if I preorder the ultimate edition right now as we speak I’ll have access to the beta tomorrow January 13? Does it matter if I do it through the PlayStation store or does it have to be from a specific website I.e. GameStop, Amazon etc. I’m eager to play and I’ve fallen behind on all the updates.

Thanks!

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 am

I know it was confirmed the Xenoverse 3 was in the works by i was thinking, now that we have FighterZ, what’s the point in continuing the arena games?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 am

shadd21 wrote:I know it was confirmed the Xenoverse 3 was in the works by i was thinking, now that we have FighterZ, what’s the point in continuing the arena games?
Because not everyone wants a serious fighting game every time for a franchise. For many, Xenoverse scratches an itch of playing in the DB universe through the storyline of Z & Super with some, admittedly, fun twists. Now, Xenoverse STILL has some refinements to be made. I'm only around halfway through the main story before the DLC in 2 &, personally, I think that there's a TON of further refinements to be made in both writing & gameplay mechanics. 2's a good step in the right direction, but if they can just focus on the "action" part of the Action RPG genre that they aimed for & keep the adventure aspect, then tone down or streamline the RPG elements, it'll be better. But, yeah, Xenoverse is a breath of fresh air in DB's gaming history. It's basically a proof of concept for what I feel Atari attempted to do with Sagas, though Sagas was definitely trying to be an adventure game with some RPG elements, it just failed to be a competent game in its own right. I want another Xenoverse if the extra time between it & 2 has allowed the writers to get more creative & the programmers to further refine the formulas. We'll always get more fighting games for DB & FighterZ is gonna fill that niche for a bit, but Xenoverse is just a different kind of game.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 am

TheSonofKakarrot wrote:Hi again everyone,

Please pardon my ignorance as I’m late to the party. I just want to be sure if I preorder the ultimate edition right now as we speak I’ll have access to the beta tomorrow January 13? Does it matter if I do it through the PlayStation store or does it have to be from a specific website I.e. GameStop, Amazon etc. I’m eager to play and I’ve fallen behind on all the updates.

Thanks!
As I write this, the FighterZ beta is available for pre-load on the PSN store. I believe it's the same for Xbox as well.

And yes, if you preordered it on the PSN store, you should have early access. I did the same, and mine came with the early access, no code or anything necessary.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am

For AUS people the Open Beta and the Early Access apps are now on PSN too. I have a physical preorder and the Open Beta app is a free download but the Early Access App is not available, I assume Bandai will be e-mailing out download codes for the Early Access app. It also says for early access both apps must be downloaded.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 am

After the unfitting Hit's theme, it's good to see a proper character theme again. Glad to know Beerus has a tail swipe attack like I wanted.

All the character trailers for the confirmed characters are out.
It's just a matter of days until V-Jump leaks, if Android 21 is not the 24th character but a secret one, I bet on Broly or Vegetto for the last slot.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am

Please don't just leave a link without any kind of context or commentary. What is it? Why are you linking it? How does it relate to the game? What do you think about it?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 pm

If I'm not mistaken Jump leaks will probably pop up next friday (or the monday after that). One more week to go, and 21's playability will be answered.

Also, Beerus' theme is fine, it goes along well with the character.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 pm

For those who want to play the Beta, you can already download it. Tomorrow may be a chaos.
It will be playable for pre-orders tomorrow and Sunday for the rest.
KayDash wrote:If I'm not mistaken Jump leaks will probably pop up next friday (or the monday after that). One more week to go, and 21's playability will be answered.
Friday, the latest. We will get the leaks earlier than that. :)

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Not entirely sure how the matchmaking system is going to work in the beta, but if you're on PS4, shoot me a game invite on Sunday or Monday under the PSN name CrimsonGator96.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:After the unfitting Hit's theme, it's good to see a proper character theme again. Glad to know Beerus has a tail swipe attack like I wanted.

All the character trailers for the confirmed characters are out.
It's just a matter of days until V-Jump leaks, if Android 21 is not the 24th character but a secret one, I bet on Broly or Vegetto for the last slot.
Hits theme fit the hitman solo 60's feel perfectly what are you on about?