"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:04 am

If it's like before (2 characters a piece), who'd be paired with Jiren, considering that he's on the opponent side of the character selection screen and the theme is ToP? I think they're already aware too many Goku's is not a good thing

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 am

mute_proxy wrote:If it's like before (2 characters a piece), who'd be paired with Jiren, considering that he's on the opponent side of the character selection screen and the theme is ToP? I think they're already aware too many Goku's is not a good thing
To be honest, with how popular Ultra Instinct Goku is, I don't think a lot of people would care if he was added into the game even if he was another Goku. Him and Jiren w/ potentially a stage would get a lot of hype.

I would rather have a GT or Kid Goku to spice things up for him, but I'm pretty sure they're both on the bottom of the list for characters that will be included.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:31 am

Bandai Namco tweeted that “the warrior from Universe 11 will join the fight” and that, of course, should be none other than Jiren.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:32 am

Jiren and UI Goku seems like a given.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am

UI Goku would be the most likely pairing, followed closely by Kefla. The latter would go down waaaaaay better than the former since they've worn out their welcome with Gokus but we'll see. They like their big iconic matchups and UI vs Jiren was the defining matchup of that arc, with dramatic intro and finish potential for both rounds of the fight.

This isn't surprising at all, Jiren was the one character I'd have absolutely bet money on for season 2, same with Bardock and Broly for season 1. They were clearly setting up for ToP stuff with the trophy stage, the music pack, even little things like some of the in-game titles and arcade mode team names as far back as when the game launched.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 am

I rather just have a new story mode campaign that uses the Dlc characters and those that weren't used in the original 3 base campaigns.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:33 pm

It's a damn good bet the new character is gonna be Jiren. But if I had my wish it'd be Toppo!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:41 pm

emperior wrote:Bandai Namco tweeted that “the warrior from Universe 11 will join the fight” and that, of course, should be none other than Jiren.
Imagine if it was Khaseral or Dyspo.... the salt

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
emperior wrote:Bandai Namco tweeted that “the warrior from Universe 11 will join the fight” and that, of course, should be none other than Jiren.
Imagine if it was Khaseral or Dyspo.... the salt
What? It’s totally going to be Vuon :lol:
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm

I sure hope that down the line Toppo and Dyspo will become playable. I'd like to have a 3-member team of Pride Troopers.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:I sure hope that down the line Toppo and Dyspo will become playable. I'd like to have a 3-member team of Pride Troopers.
Id love this, Toppo, I feel, could have the rest as assists and he can sacrifice using them to turn into his god form for more damage and power.

Dyspo, I feel, should be the Chipp Zanuff of this game

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:20 pm

it will be jiren .. it will not be what I would like but it seems obvious.
I will risk it and say that kefla although sincerly I would not mind that it was Goku UI since it showed movements that would be great to see in the game

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm

They could make Jiren play similarly to Ginyu, have Toppo and Dypso as "assists" assigned to the ki blast button.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:48 pm

I wouldn't want a redux of Ginyu for the Pride Troopers. Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo have enough material to potentially stand on their own, but none of the other Pride Troopers are in any way as memorable as the Ginyu Force. Plus, that would be OOC for Jiren.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 pm

I will bet that they will have Shin and normal Zamasu as DLC since their character models can easily be used.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 am

i predict jiren and kefla. there's just too many goku's for them to put UI in. It would be great if Gokus or Vegetas would count as just one character, so when you click on them, you can select which form you wanna use.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:48 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Jiren and UI Goku seems like a given.
Honestly this Game already has to Many Goku's IMO, not even counting his Evil Look alike Black or Vegitto. But if they had to do 1 more Goku then UI should be the last since that would cover mostly all the important Goku power-up ages.

For the Universe 11 member joining it will likely be Jiren, but I hope one day to see Toppo in this gain as well, heck they should give him a power-up ablity to go GoD Form as well as one of his super moves!

I am Greatly Hoping to one day see Kale, Caulifla or at least them Fused as Kefla and Ribrianne in this game Allot!

They be the main characters that would help me stick with the game for the Longterm! 8)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Jiren and UI Goku seems like a given.
Honestly this Game already has to Many Goku's IMO, not even counting his Evil Look alike Black or Vegitto. But if they had to do 1 more Goku then UI should be the last since that would cover mostly all the important Goku power-up ages.

For the Universe 11 member joining it will likely be Jiren, but I hope one day to see Toppo in this gain as well, heck they should give him a power-up ablity to go GoD Form as well as one of his super moves!

I am Greatly Hoping to one day see Kale, Caulifla or at least them Fused as Kefla and Ribrianne in this game Allot!

They be the main characters that would help me stick with the game for the Longterm! 8)
I feel like Kid Goku could also be viable as a future Goku

Personally, I hope the addition of Jiren doesn't preclude Top from getting in

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:50 am

in vjump there is a visual of goku vs jiren.... now all we need to know if it's UI Goku.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:05 am

IM21 wrote:in vjump there is a visual of goku vs jiren.... now all we need to know if it's UI Goku.
Have a screenshot?