"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:39 am

LightBing wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:35 am Patch is insane, they went wild.

Don't know if this is a goodbye and they went ham or just testing stuff for a potential DVFZ2. Probably both actually...

Anyone saw the clip of Kuririn dying and reviving himself with senzu bean? :lol:
LMAOOO - No, I didn't! I saw Wawa dominating with Golden Frieza, though! Delicious!

(though to be fair, Wawa could dominate with a pre-patch Nappa and one hand tied behind his back)

At some point in the match, Wawa was just chilling with Golden Frieza without doing anything - he was like, Eh, do what you want, I got time! :)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:08 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:39 am LMAOOO - No, I didn't! I saw Wawa dominating with Golden Frieza, though! Delicious!

(though to be fair, Wawa could dominate with a pre-patch Nappa and one hand tied behind his back)

At some point in the match, Wawa was just chilling with Golden Frieza without doing anything - he was like, Eh, do what you want, I got time!
Here's the clip, probably a bug but still funny. :lol:
https://twitter.com/Black_Yggdrasil/sta ... 9739882517

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:06 pm

The biggest winner of this patch:

Goku Black: The man finally has mix-up :o. That float system change did wonders to him.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:28 pm

Ok, adjusting to Baseku's new move is going to be tougher than I thought. It's guaranteed sliding anywhere which is great, but 2M is tough on my fat-finger muscle-memory. I keep doing it too early.

I also got to work out what people are doing with Hit now- I'm seeing footage of people actually using 2L in combos, I didn't think that was possible.

I love that Trunks' lvl 2 and Vegetto's lvl 4 are based on moves they actually did. They didn't even need them, but it's such cool attention to detail.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:53 am

Cool! Haven't played the game for a long time since SSJ4 Gogeta was released as the Online stopped being fun for me...
Now with these changes I am curious and will give it a go 8)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:43 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:39 am
LightBing wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:35 am Patch is insane, they went wild.

Don't know if this is a goodbye and they went ham or just testing stuff for a potential DVFZ2. Probably both actually...

Anyone saw the clip of Kuririn dying and reviving himself with senzu bean? :lol:
LMAOOO - No, I didn't! I saw Wawa dominating with Golden Frieza, though! Delicious!

At some point in the match, Wawa was just chilling with Golden Frieza without doing anything - he was like, Eh, do what you want, I got time! :)
Is this a free patch?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:12 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:43 am Is this a free patch?
Yes it is.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 am

I'm glad that this patch can bring back interest for the many players who dive deep into game mechanics (that's the number one objective for a fighting game after all), but I wonder if this patch would make the game seem any different for a casual that doesn't care about fighting game mechanics.

I love this game, but I'm so not interested in what's mid-range stuff, cancel-what-nots, split-seconds changes, active frames modifications, juggling combos, etc...

Would I even notice any difference if I played the game after this update as a casual fighting game player that doesn't care about stuff beyond basic combos and special moves (and very basic stuff like Sparking and continuing a combo while swapping allies, just things that pretty much any casual can do)?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:16 am

Cold Skin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 amWould I even notice any difference if I played the game after this update as a casual fighting game player that doesn't care about stuff beyond basic combos and special moves (and very basic stuff like Sparking and continuing a combo while swapping allies, just things that pretty much any casual can do)?
Mostly not, outside of character specific changes, the most drastic changes are noticeable at more hardcore level play.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 am Would I even notice any difference if I played the game after this update as a casual fighting game player that doesn't care about stuff beyond basic combos and special moves (and very basic stuff like Sparking and continuing a combo while swapping allies, just things that pretty much any casual can do)?
Yes, not only were there system changes but every single character got touched.
You don't need to know frame data to notice that a move is faster/slower. Our that x character now has full screen move or a level 4 for Vegetto, etc...

With the scope of changes, you will notice stuff.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Nice, thanks for the info, guys!

It's always nice when hardcore players have a lot of things shaken up, they should be the number one target after all.
But I'm always glad when the devs go far enough that even casual fighters can notice that things have evolved a bit (even though it's only natural that a lot of changes would be noticed by expert fighters only).

I really can't insist enough on how impressed I am with the dedication of those devs, both gameplay-wise and presentation-wise!
Every new character has been a pleasure to discover even for casuals like me, so I can't imagine how entertaining it must be for experts that spend hours discovering every hardcore detail of the various characters, especially when you add the notion of teamplay in it!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:29 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:50 am I'm glad that this patch can bring back interest for the many players who dive deep into game mechanics (that's the number one objective for a fighting game after all), but I wonder if this patch would make the game seem any different for a casual that doesn't care about fighting game mechanics.
I, for one, am very interested in watching character diversity in tournaments. When everyone fights with more or less the same six characters (Gotenks, UI Goku, Adult Gohan, Bardock, LSSJ Broly, Yamcha), I get bored easily.

If this patch causes the pros to use Nappa, Frieza, Black, Cooler, Krillin, #17, Tien, Roshi, etc. more and have us enjoy them more in the tournaments, I'm all for it.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Haven't got round to trying the patch yet. The altered supers look cool, although it's a shame SS1 Goku doesn't go SS2 for his rather than staying at 1. The funny thing is SS2 Goku is on the boxart, but doesn't appear in the game at all.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:29 am

90sDBZ wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:36 pm Haven't got round to trying the patch yet. The altered supers look cool, although it's a shame SS1 Goku doesn't go SS2 for his rather than staying at 1. The funny thing is SS2 Goku is on the boxart, but doesn't appear in the game at all.
It's not SS2 Goku on the box, it's SS1 charging forward. Fast movement moves the hair. Also it's the most marketable form, so the choice is obvious.

Freeza saga art:

Cell saga art:

FighterZ cover:

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:34 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:29 am
90sDBZ wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:36 pm Haven't got round to trying the patch yet. The altered supers look cool, although it's a shame SS1 Goku doesn't go SS2 for his rather than staying at 1. The funny thing is SS2 Goku is on the boxart, but doesn't appear in the game at all.
It's not SS2 Goku on the box, it's SS1 charging forward. Fast movement moves the hair. Also it's the most marketable form, so the choice is obvious.
To me it looks kind of ambiguous. Something about the way that 2nd bang goes to the side, and the general sharpness of the hair makes me lean towards it being SS2.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:58 pm

Finally decided to make a TOD after years of playing. They're a lot harder than the lab rats make them look, and this was a fairly simple one. Shared it on the dbfz subreddit and all: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... lvl1_buff/

Unfortunately this will probably be the end of my time with the game online for a while. Just moved into a new flat and the room I'm in is an upstairs loft with no ethernet port, so I can kiss stable ranked matches goodbye. I tried a couple just on wifi and boy, it was not pleasant. Let this be a lesson to anyone who reckons there's no difference between ethernet and wifi- I can say with firsthand experience that there is.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:58 pm Finally decided to make a TOD after years of playing. They're a lot harder than the lab rats make them look, and this was a fairly simple one. Shared it on the dbfz subreddit and all: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... lvl1_buff/

Unfortunately this will probably be the end of my time with the game online for a while. Just moved into a new flat and the room I'm in is an upstairs loft with no ethernet port, so I can kiss stable ranked matches goodbye. I tried a couple just on wifi and boy, it was not pleasant. Let this be a lesson to anyone who reckons there's no difference between ethernet and wifi- I can say with firsthand experience that there is.
Yeah, depends where you are with wi-fi, but you know, you can buy these electricity socket plugins with internet ports. Plug one close to router, link with cable and the second in socket in your room. Internet runs through electricity network this way, with no hick-ups like wi-fi that is really strong just in the one room.
Did this in my flat because GF wanted TV in bedroom but there was no port or cables running across the whole flat, hence I found out this solutions and it run internet TV in HD with no problems, same as if I was plugged directly to the router.
You just have to be sure that the electricity in your room is connected to the same circuit when router is.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:38 pm

Shouldn't there be a stream of FIghterZ official tournament right now, as well as one yesterday? Their twitch says yes ...

I thought those were every week ...

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:32 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 am
Kataphrut wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:58 pm Finally decided to make a TOD after years of playing. They're a lot harder than the lab rats make them look, and this was a fairly simple one. Shared it on the dbfz subreddit and all: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... lvl1_buff/

Yeah, depends where you are with wi-fi, but you know, you can buy these electricity socket plugins with internet ports. Plug one close to router, link with cable and the second in socket in your room. Internet runs through electricity network this way, with no hick-ups like wi-fi that is really strong just in the one room.
Did this in my flat because GF wanted TV in bedroom but there was no port or cables running across the whole flat, hence I found out this solutions and it run internet TV in HD with no problems, same as if I was plugged directly to the router.
You just have to be sure that the electricity in your room is connected to the same circuit when router is.
I don’t know if that setup will work for me, I’ll have to look into it further once I’m out of lockdown.

For what it’s worth, I switched to a different network (the place has two) and this one seems to run smoother, albeit with some minor hitches. So I can still play- in fact I finally made it to Living Legend.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:55 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:32 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 am

I don’t know if that setup will work for me, I’ll have to look into it further once I’m out of lockdown.

For what it’s worth, I switched to a different network (the place has two) and this one seems to run smoother, albeit with some minor hitches. So I can still play- in fact I finally made it to Living Legend.
It should, it's basically running the network by electricity wires instead through optical cables using an actual existing network instead of physically laying cable from point A to B.

Congrats to living legend, I suck so hard online and can't figure out how SSJ4 Gogeta works, that I have ditched the game entirely. Somehow after a long hiatus, I can't figure out how to play good and game like Mortal Kombat suits me better. Also, I guess I have returned back to being noob casual, as with the updates I was excited about at first, I barely noticed any difference.
I still struggle at blocking, which is not a problem for me at all in MK or SF, which I play casually after work for fun...
Not calling it a game fault, I just guess that it doesn't fits my gameplay style at all.