"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:25 pm

So are they waiting until the 14th December to release Broly, exactly a year after his movie? That's what it feels like.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:27 pm

DBS Broly moveset leaked:

https://v.redd.it/dutvu5j339141
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:17 pm

December 5th for DBS Broli.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:39 am

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am

MainJPW wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:39 am Dramatic Finish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbdISI768iY

They just out and out remade the movie for that one. Holy balls, it looked sexy. I don't even care that it didn't show much actual Broly gameplay.

Also, his colour 2 is Paragus' Buzz Lightyear armour. Makes sense. It's goofy but I like it.

So everyone's expecting free update or season 3 reveal at World Tour finals, yeah?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am They just out and out remade the movie for that one. Holy balls, it looked sexy. I don't even care that it didn't show much actual Broly gameplay.
Makes me wonder how much hard it would be for them to give us the ice continent stage.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Is anyone else kind of hoping that they just left all of Broly’s lines undubbed?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm Is anyone else kind of hoping that they just left all of Broly’s lines undubbed?
No chance in hell.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm Is anyone else kind of hoping that they just left all of Broly’s lines undubbed?
No chance in hell.
It just seems like hiring a new voice actor would be a lot of work for a version of the game that basically no one’s going to play. FUNimation pissed off a ton of people this year.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:59 pm
No chance in hell.
It just seems like hiring a new voice actor would be a lot of work for a version of the game that basically no one’s going to play. FUNimation pissed off a ton of people this year.
What version no one's going to play? What are you talking about?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:11 pm

No chance in hell.
The English version. A bunch of people on YouTube and Twitter have been talking about how they’ll never watch anything by FUNimation ever again after they fired Vic Mignogna.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:15 pm

The English version. A bunch of people on YouTube and Twitter have been talking about how they’ll never watch anything by FUNimation ever again after they fired Vic Mignogna.
Some loud idiots saying they'll never watch something again is hardly something Funi worries about. Also not hiring a new voice actor just goes against all common sense sooo...
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm

And good riddance to 'em. But at the end of the day, this game needs a dub, you can't have it set to English only to have Bin Shimada screaming alongside Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat. It ain't Smash Bros.

Look, we're gonna know who the new actor is in less than a week. It'll probably be rocky, most DB game dub castings tend to be, but once they rip-off the band-aid, they'll have them locked in for every future Broly appearance.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:31 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:59 pm It just seems like hiring a new voice actor would be a lot of work for a version of the game that basically no one’s going to play. FUNimation pissed off a ton of people this year.
The Vic stans who think that he's innocent, even though he has a history of being a dickhead to coworkers & cheated on his ex & can't prove to a judge that he was fired unjustly or that his ex-coworkers are interfering with his future acting work? Eh, fuck 'em. If they hate a company for exercising their right as employers to fire him for reasons they found (they wouldn't have if they didn't think their finds from their investigation didn't hold water) in their investigation, ok. It's on them. As for the English version not being played, most people don't give a shit. Broly wasn't in the initial game until the DLC & he's not integral to the game's enjoyment, so it's not like he's a deal-breaker, y'know?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Vocal minority. I guarentee you Funi doesnt care. And idk where youre getting this "nobody is going to play the english version" from.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Vocal minority. I guarentee you Funi doesnt care. And idk where youre getting this "nobody is going to play the english version" from.
I’d assume that most of the people on these forums prefer to listen to the Japanese version. Meanwhile, it seemed like FUNimation alienated a lot of former dub fans with this drama.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:40 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 pm I’d assume that most of the people on these forums prefer to listen to the Japanese version. Meanwhile, it seemed like FUNimation alienated a lot of former dub fans with this drama.
Any fan of the dub who lets what happened with Vic - as in, his own karma and crimes coming back to rightfully shove it's boots right up his ass - was never a real fan in the first place.

Like, I hate to use that term ('real fan'), I hate it with a passion, but that's the point we're at in regards to that whole mess.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:17 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm

I’d assume that most of the people on these forums prefer to listen to the Japanese version. Meanwhile, it seemed like FUNimation alienated a lot of former dub fans with this drama.
This site is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of people who would play with the dub, myself included.
And just to mirror what Gyt Kaliba said, those "dub fans" aren't even fans. They're just stirring the pot with their false outrage yet I gaurentee most of them will continue to watch the dub / play with the dub voices. You're grossly exaggerating this had on the dub and how many people will keep enjoying it.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:01 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:17 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm Vocal minority. I guarantee you Funi doesn't care. And idk where you're getting this "nobody is going to play the english version" from.
This site is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of people who would play with the dub, myself included.
And just to mirror what Gyt Kaliba said, those "dub fans" aren't even fans. They're just stirring the pot with their false outrage yet I guarantee most of them will continue to watch the dub / play with the dub voices. You're grossly exaggerating this had on the dub and how many people will keep enjoying it.
Most of the people I've seen talk about this case are either the people who turned to hate Vic about how creepy he has been, the small amount of Vic stans in the fandom, & right wing grifters just looking for the next news story to make money off of other right wingers who can't stand "SJWs" or "PC culture" getting a man who was a creep & an asshole to work with fired rather than an internet reviewer going off rumors exposing him snowballed into people talking about the stuff he's done.
Like, Yellowflash2 wants FUNi to lose the license to DB just because they fired Vic. No other actual reason, but he'll probably claim otherwise. I don't think he actually legitimately cares one way or another, at least to that extent, but he needs to say that stuff to keep his audience who DO care satiated. Stuff like that.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:48 pm

So, it's been revealed officially through a Bandai Namco Twitch stream for the new Broly from Super is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, who's also replaced him as Sabo in One Piece. This was something I've been joking about to myself for a while since we got word he replaced him as Sabo, but I never expected it to actually happen! :lol:
https://twitter.com/KALSKingdom/status/ ... 4977193984

This shit is AWESOME!