"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 am

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E383 ... 8395E3.pdf
I don't have a translation, sorry.

Developed by ARC System Works.
PS4/XBO/PC, 2018
3D graphics on a 2D plane, like Guilty Gear Xrd.
3v3 in the same style as Marvel vs Capcom.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: New 2.5D fighter announced. PS4/XONE/Steam. 2018, ARC System Works developing

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:59 am

Dragon Ball Fighters?

That looks cooler than what I thought we were gonna get.

Curious how it'll play though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Re: New 2.5D fighter announced. PS4/XONE/Steam. 2018, ARC System Works developing

Post by Lunaar » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:01 am

That tiny thumbnail looks gorgeous. Color me interested.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:01 am

Press release specifically describes it as being like Guilty Gear Xrd, 3D on a 2D plane.

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Envy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:06 am

Those graphics, though. That looks like way better cel-shading graphics than I've seen! I've never thought the style translated well into 3D, but this looks really good.

(Only commenting on graphics because I can't read Japanese lol)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 am

Envy wrote:Those graphics, though. That looks like way better cel-shading graphics than I've seen! I've never thought the style translated well into 3D, but this looks really good.

It's the same guys who made Guilty Gear Xrd, the visuals are very similar to that game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGPhKu3jNg

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 am

No Budokai 4/Burst Limit 2?! Sucks... but hopefully Arc System give us something actually good this time.

[spoiler]i also hope Chi-Chi is a playable character and they don't pull the same shit they did with Extreme Butoden[/spoiler]
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Fighters" Official Discussion Thread

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:37 am

Since Persona 4 Arena is my favourite fighting game, color me very interested. And those graphics look so very Dragon Ball it's crazy! All I need now is a Switch port.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Fighters" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:47 am

A Dragon Ball game but with Guilty Gear-like visuals?! I need the trailer NOW.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Fighters" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 am

Dragon Ball for Evo!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am

It looks good. Just hope the gameplay is also good.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:18 am

Looks great, I hope it involves more then just the Z era stuff though.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:24 am

Envy wrote:Those graphics, though. That looks like way better cel-shading graphics than I've seen! I've never thought the style translated well into 3D, but this looks really good.

You sure it's not some scenes that get played when you make a special attack?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:26 am

sangofe wrote:
You sure it's not some scenes that get played when you make a special attack?
Same devs as Guilty Gear Xrd, that game was gorgeous and doesn't look too far off from those screen and that was a game made with PS3 in mind. The game will look like those screen shots, though the top one is probably part of the opening video or something, but using the in game visuals.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:29 am

The graphics look gorgeous!
I also hope Arc System delivers the same quality that they did with Guilty Gear Xrd, because that game looks and sounds and plays beautifelly!
They better not pull the same stunt as Dimps did with Xenoverse by not adding all Frieza/Cell/Buu forms though...

I'm seriously hoping we get Dragon Ball Super characters in this game because I need them in these graphics.
Last edited by Spenzer on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:30 am

It's not a nobody developer so maybe we'll get one of these every other year while we get a Xenoverse the other years.

This looks really good and I can't wait till E3 to hopefully see more from it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:31 am

Smooth gameplay and I'm sold. This is a welcomed break till XV3

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:32 am

ARC SYSTEM IS MAKING THIS?! Oh shit. Now lets hope that Daisuke Ishiwatari does the soundtrack and many characters from the original DB and Super make it in(mostly hoping for DB part 1 characters). Looks like we may have our Evo game.

Hopefully other anime series will have something like this. The Naruto series is long overdue for one since the PS2 and Gamecube days!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:35 am

Mac wrote:I hope it involves more then just the Z era stuff though.
Super is just as important in Japan right now so it probably will.

How many characters do their games usually have ?

The game won't be out till early 2018 so it looks like we won't get anything this year or Xenoverse 3 till 2019. They weren't joking when they said it would take a lot longer to get it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 am

Need to see an actual trailer to properly judge, but this has the potential to be really good.
Feels over Reals.