"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:04 pm

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1 ... Gnvs58PjJw
Bandai Namco Esports wrote: The game balance update, including “Android 21 (Lab Coat),” is scheduled to be released around July 2022.

We have been working hard for the release, so please wait for further details.

We hope for your continued support of DRAGON BALL FighterZ.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Mysticus

Post by Mysticus » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:04 pm

Noah wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:23 pm Will we get any new DLC chars this year yet?
If so the last character should be Hercule

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:21 am

Omega Shenron character concept:

https://youtu.be/quvsiMnXBYE
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Noah wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:23 pm Will we get any new DLC chars this year yet?
Probably tie ins with Superhero. Final Gohan, Orange Piccolo, and Gamma 1 (With Gamma 2 being an assist character) seem like likely choices.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:44 pm

If they could only add one character from the new movie to the game, it would likely be the Gammas as a duo. The final boss of the film isn't suited to a game like this and even he was, the Gammas are more central as characters. Plus it looks like they have plenty of cool moves to work with.

But of course they've never shied away from multiple versions of the same character before so Gohan Blanco and Piccolo Naranja are also likely picks.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:59 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:44 pm If they could only add one character from the new movie to the game, it would likely be the Gammas as a duo. The final boss of the film isn't suited to a game like this and even he was, the Gammas are more central as characters. Plus it looks like they have plenty of cool moves to work with.

But of course they've never shied away from multiple versions of the same character before so Gohan Blanco and Piccolo Naranja are also likely picks.
If there is more DLC, it will almost certainly be Gohan Final and Ganma 1 & 2.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm

Don't know if this is the appropriate thread to address that, but since DBSSH mentions Android 21 that means the events of this game story mode are canon to DBS?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:46 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm Don't know if this is the appropriate thread to address that, but since DBSSH mentions Android 21 that means the events of this game story mode are canon to DBS?
All the movie confirms about Android 21 is that she's dead and her real name is Vomit.

Presumably this is a message from Toriyama on behalf of the FGC (which he is definitely a member of) to say "hurry up and nerf this bitch ArcSys."

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:58 am

Noah wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm Don't know if this is the appropriate thread to address that, but since DBSSH mentions Android 21 that means the events of this game story mode are canon to DBS?
It means that Android 21's look was based on Gero's late wife's (made officially canon in the movie) look and that her real name was Vomi. That's about it. Storymode is not part of the DBSuper continuity, no.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:25 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:07 pm Lab coat A21 only been out for a few months, let the community keep researching and labbing to figure out counterplay againts her before asking for balancing, that's how the Marvel (UMvC3) community has survived to this day againts its most oppressing characters.
21 is a different breed though, while Marvel 3 in theory should have Zero overly dominating the game, the Zeros generally don't go far, much less win tournaments.

DBFZ meanwhile has whoever is top 1 being overly dominant, and Labcoat has the silliest bullshit in DBFZ yet, and while the debuffing grab is her worst aspect, it's not the only thing, and that's the problem, a combination of a bunch of busted tools, on top of her being about to debuff damage permanently, which no one else can do, it's a really bad way of making a character unique.
Kataphrut wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:46 pm All the movie confirms about Android 21 is that she's dead and her real name is Vomit.
Huh, had to double check, and I didn't notice before the movie said she is "Gero's late wife", surprising they confirmed that instead of keeping vague what's up with her.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:28 pm

The top 8 for CEO 2022 was hype. I think this game could last another 6 years of relevance with a Season 4 & 5 DLC roster, more single player modes and Rollback Netcode

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:17 am If a sequel was being made, we would hear something by now. Fighting games can still have years of people playing them without any new content. Look at the people who have been playing the same old SF games before SF4 in 2009.
Yeah, games like Super SF2 Turbo, Smash Melee and KoF 98 have had large active competitive scenes for about 25 years (more so for SF2)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:42 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:28 pm The top 8 for CEO 2022 was hype. I think this game could last another 6 years of relevance with a Season 4 & 5 DLC roster, more single player modes and Rollback Netcode
No Labcoat certainly helped. Hopefully the July patch shakes up the game.

I wouldn't expect any new content for the game. Maybe DLC characters related to the new movie but I would expect them to save it for FighterZ 2.

Rollback won't happen as stated by the producer, single modes probably wouldn't be profitable; they certainly wouldn't do it for free. So yeah...

Honestly if there wasn't so much pushback I wouldn't be surprised the upcoming patch would even happened.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:56 am

If we are to get any DLC announcements for FighterZ, it would be this Friday. There is 45 minute event but I wouldn't hold my breath

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:29 am

Patch drops tomorrow!

Here are the notes:

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/dragon-bal ... Z_Patch131

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm

Labcoat 21 isn't broken anymore lol, and DBS Broly got some serious buffs too.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:37 am

MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm Labcoat 21 isn't broken anymore lol, and DBS Broly got some serious buffs too.
I wonder about her not being broken anymore lol.

They toned down her bullshit sure, but she still has bullshit, the fucking debuff Super is still a permanent debuff, at least you can't combo into it, but the main bullshit is still there, and I see no nerfs to her silly hitboxes and how she outpriorizites so much.

So yeah, nerfed, sure, not broken? Time will tell, if y'all are unlucky she'll be kinda like Kid Boo, nerfed but still monstrous.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Every other character getting buffs is already a nerf againts Lab Coat 21 (making hear match-ups less favorable), she's fine as it is now.

-------------------

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1 ... 2159524865
Bandai Namco Esports wrote: We have a date and a place!

The #DBFZ World Championship finals will be held on July 16 - 17th in Paris, France!

Who will be crowned champion? We'll see in 2 (!) weeks
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:39 am

I guess they'll announce a new season? Otherwise I don't see why they'd do another World Tour.

It's cool and all but I'm ready to move on from the game. The lack of good netcode takes the wind out of me. Watching the tournament is still fun.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:42 am

LightBing wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:39 am I guess they'll announce a new season? Otherwise I don't see why they'd do another World Tour.

It's cool and all but I'm ready to move on from the game. The lack of good netcode takes the wind out of me. Watching the tournament is still fun.
It could also be where they announce the sequel.
fadeddreams5 wrote: