"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MrGohanks » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:39 pm

Does anyone else think that we're gonna get a season 4 or sequel announcement at EVO this year?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:20 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:39 pm Does anyone else think that we're gonna get a season 4 or sequel announcement at EVO this year?
Seems like FighterZ is done with getting new DLC content and the most we'll get is small updates before they announce the sequel.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:05 pm

EVO 2022 registration numbers: DBFZ at #5 with 636.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm

If we get a sequel in 2023, they will probably have cross gen similar to how XV1 was.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:05 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm If we get a sequel in 2023, they will probably have cross gen similar to how XV1 was.
Maybe, maybe not. XV1 came out the year that X1 & PS4 came out. However, if 2023 hits & they produce a sequel, they may opt not to do it. The newer consoles will be entering their 3rd year at that point, so I can see them not doing it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:45 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:05 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm If we get a sequel in 2023, they will probably have cross gen similar to how XV1 was.
Maybe, maybe not. XV1 came out the year that X1 & PS4 came out. However, if 2023 hits & they produce a sequel, they may opt not to do it. The newer consoles will be entering their 3rd year at that point, so I can see them not doing it.
The PS4 and Xbone are still pumping out new games so cross gen is almost certainly a thing
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:45 pm
The PS4 and Xbone are still pumping out new games so cross gen is almost certainly a thing
I mean, yeah, but mainly because it's been hard for people to get them so far due to chip shortages, COVID, & stuff. Having cross-gen versions of games isn't surprising considering that not as many people could upgrade to the newest hardware this gen so far, but at some point, they're gonna cut support across the board. Hell, Microsoft stopped making new Xbox Ones a while ago. Point is, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut last gen support.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 am
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:45 pm
I mean, yeah, but mainly because it's been hard for people to get them so far due to chip shortages, COVID, & stuff. Having cross-gen versions of games isn't surprising considering that not as many people could upgrade to the newest hardware this gen so far, but at some point, they're gonna cut support across the board. Hell, Microsoft stopped making new Xbox Ones a while ago. Point is, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut last gen support.
It was the same with PS4 and there were no shortages. In first 2-3 years, there wasn't much of a new games really. Most of it were either cross or ports/remasters of PS3 titles (lot of games were developed for PS3 and later upgraded as they were released at the end of PS3 lifecycle). PS5 is going the same route, but yeah a bit slower.
We got the best games for PS4 as a real PS4 titles, around the fourth year and onwards.
I remember Alien Isolation for example releasing second year into PS4, as both PS3 and PS4 titles.

I believe, that if they started development on FighterZ around this or last year with a release date for next year, it will come out as PS5 title only. What we are getting now on PS4 like Hogwarts Legacy for example, was basically postponed by covid and overall development.

But still no indication or news that we might get a sequel to FighterZ and not a completely different DB game.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm

How would you guys personally react if guest fighters from other anime were announced for DLC?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:51 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm How would you guys personally react if guest fighters from other anime were announced for DLC?
I would be pissed.
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:53 pm But still no indication or news that we might get a sequel to FighterZ and not a completely different DB game.
Given the way they added Lab Coat 21, it seems like she will be the final character added to this game.

With how successful FighterZ is, a sequel is all but assured for the future.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:21 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm How would you guys personally react if guest fighters from other anime were announced for DLC?
I would be angry, because I enjoyed Power Rangers Battle For The Grid, and man, I was really dissapointed by getting Street Fighter Ryu and Chun-li as guest characters instead of PR characters, as there is not much. You get Rita Repulsa and Black Frog Adam afterwards. Damn.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:10 pm

It's a bad idea. I'd be mad. There's plenty of characters from OG DB and GT that could be used instead.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:21 pm

I'd begrudgingly accept it if the guests were from other fantasy kung fu anime, like Yu Yu Hakusho or Fist of the North Star. But since it'd be like, Luffy and Naruto, that's a hard pass from me.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:31 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:21 pm
I would be angry, because I enjoyed Power Rangers Battle For The Grid, and man, I was really dissapointed by getting Street Fighter Ryu and Chun-li as guest characters instead of PR characters, as there is not much. You get Rita Repulsa and Black Frog Adam afterwards. Damn.
I thought that was pretty hype actually, because Ryu and Chun-Li were also in the PR Legends games as rangers.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Zephyr wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:21 pm
I'd begrudgingly accept it if the guests were from other fantasy kung fu anime, like Yu Yu Hakusho or Fist of the North Star. But since it'd be like, Luffy and Naruto, that's a hard pass from me.
Trouser wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:10 pm
It's a bad idea. I'd be mad. There's plenty of characters from OG DB and GT that could be used instead.
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:51 pm
I would be pissed.
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:53 pm But still no indication or news that we might get a sequel to FighterZ and not a completely different DB game.
Given the way they added Lab Coat 21, it seems like she will be the final character added to this game.

Really? So none of you guys would be hyped if protagonists from other Shonen or similar anime like OPM got added?

I mean, outside of say Omega Shenron, Uub, Moro, Mr. Satan and maybe Granolah & Gas there isn't really any top priority DB characters left to add (unless you wanna dig into the Xenoverse cast).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:35 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:39 pm
Zephyr wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:21 pm
Trouser wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:10 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:51 pm
I would be pissed.

Really? So none of you guys would be hyped if protagonists from other Shonen or similar anime like OPM got added?

I mean, outside of say Omega Shenron, Uub, Moro, Mr. Satan and maybe Granolah & Gas there isn't really any top priority DB characters left to add (unless you wanna dig into the Xenoverse cast).
There's also Raditz, Dabura, Pikkon, Caulifla, and Toppo. All highly requested characters. There's also the Super Hero movie which has Gohan Final, Orange Piccolo, and Ganma #1 & 2.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:42 pm

Not to mention pre-Z characters like Tao Pai Pai and Piccolo Daimao.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:47 pm

Zephyr wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:42 pm Not to mention pre-Z characters like Tao Pai Pai and Piccolo Daimao.
Tao was already deconfirmed by the producer. IMO the only OG Dragon Ball characters that have a chance (albeit small) are Kid Goku, 23rd Budokai Chi-Chi, and King Piccolo.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Yeah, I know the producer ruled him out already. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be a higher priority than non-DB characters.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:14 pm

I'd personally be more open to them including characters from DB-Heroes like Towa, Mia and their Demon comrades, certainly way before they start trying to pull in characters from other franchises.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels