"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:20 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 pm How would you guys personally react if guest fighters from other anime were announced for DLC?
This is not really a game for guest fighters. I would only allow a guest fighter if it has Toriyama connections to it. Chrono from CT would be cool or the main character from DQA.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:32 pm

I sign under no guest characters. I bought a Dragon Ball game not Smash.

There's more than enough characters to pull up from: Dabra, Piccolo Daimão, Super Boo, Raditz, #20, #19 this just from the manga and only villains.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:29 pm

With us only getting a new DB game once every two years now (Breakers being our 2022 game) and XV3 rumor to be out on next gen systems by 2024, I feel like a sequel may not happen until much later. With Super's possible return, they have more characters to add like Gamma 1 & 2, Moro, UE Vegeta, Teen Gotenks, Beast Gohan, Orange Piccolo, Granolah, and Gas.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:38 pm

Anyone else hyped for EVO? We might get some new announcements for DBFZ.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:22 am

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1 ... 3785135104

FighterZ to receive rollback netcode update in the future!!

EDIT: No more new characters or balance update for the game.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 am

I guess it's official the game is done! :clap:

I wouldn't believe if you told me that they would actually implement rollback! :crazy:

Theory is that they are working on FighterZ 2 which will have rollback and this is pretty much a beta. Which is why it will only come out in new-gen consoles and PC.

FighterZ 2 shouldn't be coming for a while. I predict 2 years.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:02 am

I also believe this upgrade is testing the waters for FighterZ 2. I expect it to come 2024 now.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:43 am

Count me as another who believes this is testing grounds for DBFZ2.

With PS4 and XB1 being left behind, I'm really curious to see the online population once this update is out.

PC players won't need to upgrade their systems, so their player-base will only grow.

I can't really imagine PS5 and Series S|X having a huge playerbase.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:43 pm

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 am

Interesting, so I will have to buy the new version for PS5 to have the rollback in... Hopefully, it will be upgrade.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:36 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 am Interesting, so I will have to buy the new version for PS5 to have the rollback in... Hopefully, it will be upgrade.
I think they said you can upgrade for free.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:56 am

Good thing I have a quality gaming PC so I can get FighterZ with rollback.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:19 pm

I'm glad they still decided to implement rollback netcode. Not only it will improve the current game, but it will also serve as a beta test for the sequel.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Does this mean digital only or does this imply a possible PS5/Xbox release with all current DLC in the near future?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:36 pm

CashmanX wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:45 pm Does this mean digital only or does this imply a possible PS5/Xbox release with all current DLC in the near future?
We don't know yet.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:48 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:25 am Interesting, so I will have to buy the new version for PS5 to have the rollback in... Hopefully, it will be upgrade.
They literally said in the announcement that the Xbox One version will automatically upgrade to the Series X/S version through smart delivery & the PS4 version will upgrade to the PS5 version through an upgrade path. Both for free if you already own the game.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:30 am

Scsigs wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:48 am
They literally said in the announcement that the Xbox One version will automatically upgrade to the Series X/S version through smart delivery & the PS4 version will upgrade to the PS5 version through an upgrade path. Both for free if you already own the game.
Cool, I just don't own the PS5 yet :lol:

I can see this game to be more like Street Fighter 2, that still plays and has a fan base to this day.
Can't really imagine, what they would do with a sequel honestly.
All the characters that matter on this scale are there and more from gameplay point of view, they can only expand on adding characters as fan service.
Altough I kinda miss the Shenron from DBGT as a counterpart to SSJ4 Gogeta, I am already overwhelmed by the roster as it is for building teams.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:08 pm

Now that DBFZ has Rollback Netcode but no more added characters and patches, I think this game has at least 2 more years of competitive life left as a major title before DBFZ2 is announced.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:24 pm

I am actually hoping for that, as I will have some time to progress in my gameplay and get better online :lol:

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 pm

So, this game has pretty much every character anyone would want in a Dragonball game. Everyone also list that same handfull of "characters that are missiing. A potential sequel can't jut make up some new characters just to fill slots. And DLC for the sequel would have you rebuying all the same characters you bought in the first game, or *audioinhale* some who were part of the base roster. Most modern fighting game sequels strive to give you a decent amount of new characters to accompany the returning ones. I don't really see any of the missing characters not in this game getting people too hyped about being in the starting roster over base roster and dlc roster from this game. If Arksys is still the dev for this, maybe they have dealt with this in their other series. I've never played or really follow their fighetrs.

But what i was considering, what if the next FighterZ game is not a Dragonball games, but some other super popular anime franchise? Easy picks are Nauto and One Piece. But what about Bleach, HunterxHunter, Yuyu Hakusho, Jojo, or something else.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063