"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Go1 has fallen from MainEventer to top 8-er since EVO huh.
He's really frustrating to see right now. Since his first lost at Combo Breaker against Sonic Fox, feels like he got mentally affected and can only win if you push him really hard.
Other thing I don't like is that he barely changes his team, while Sonic Fox is always changing and winning most of the time.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Yeah he must be either really delusional, or just has some really deep faith in his team. It seems like he doesnt realize that the Bardock,Cell, Vegeta combo has been more or less figured out at this point. I partly feel like he only gets as far as he does because of his skill level, which says a lot dont get me wrong but that's until he gets to top -8 then its over.

Here lately, I've been taking a liking to Kaimart because he's a Vegetto player which I think is awesome, he just needs to find solid ground, then he could be pretty dominant.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Does anyone know if some fans are translating the apparently bad fighterz manga?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 am

TobyS wrote:Does anyone know if some fans are translating the apparently bad fighterz manga?
Cipher is doing full documentation and summaries for our in-progress wiki, which I intended to use in an eventual expansion for a complete (and long-overdue) "Video Games Manga" section in the website-proper's manga guide as well.

These are not scanlations, but proper documentation.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:31 am

So i got fighterZ for ps4 from my library, and while this was offline, I was surprised to find 1 vs., 1. Has this been implemented in later versions? Or did people talk about it lacking 1 vs 1 online? This was for 1.18.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
TobyS wrote:Does anyone know if some fans are translating the apparently bad fighterz manga?
Cipher is doing full documentation and summaries for our in-progress wiki, which I intended to use in an eventual expansion for a complete (and long-overdue) "Video Games Manga" section in the website-proper's manga guide as well.

Which reminds me to actually get on reading the third chapter. Sometime this week, I swear!

This is grim work. It's an absolutely awful series.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Cipher wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:

Which reminds me to actually get on reading the third chapter. Sometime this week, I swear!

This is grim work. It's an absolutely awful series.
What's so bad about it, is it not just a straight up combo of the games 3 story lines?

I'm feinding for new Dragonball continent , it's become a weird addiction since I kicked actual real addictions, (vice transference probably) refreshing the DBM countdown timer, googling for super db heroes manga chapters, looking for DB super manga dates, checking for a release date for xv2 final dlc.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:17 pm

sangofe wrote:So i got fighterZ for ps4 from my library, and while this was offline, I was surprised to find 1 vs., 1. Has this been implemented in later versions? Or did people talk about it lacking 1 vs 1 online? This was for 1.18.
It was introduced with the Halloween update.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:41 am

Quebaz wrote:
sangofe wrote:So i got fighterZ for ps4 from my library, and while this was offline, I was surprised to find 1 vs., 1. Has this been implemented in later versions? Or did people talk about it lacking 1 vs 1 online? This was for 1.18.
It was introduced with the Halloween update.
Nice!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 am

TobyS wrote:What's so bad about it, is it not just a straight up combo of the games 3 story lines?

I'm feinding for new Dragonball continent , it's become a weird addiction since I kicked actual real addictions, (vice transference probably) refreshing the DBM countdown timer, googling for super db heroes manga chapters, looking for DB super manga dates, checking for a release date for xv2 final dlc.
It's set in a fictional world dominated by eSports, and FighterZ in particular, and follows a group of embarrassing stock characters in their quest to aim for the top in an upcoming national tournament.

It's awful by basically any conceivable measure of comic-book quality: the characters and story are all stock, the humor is beyond juvenile and essentially never funny, and the art is abysmal and has collapsed further with each successive chapter. I have essentially nothing good to say about it, and I'm pretty forgiving with DB spin-off manga (and even kind of love one of them).

Here are summaries of the first two chapters (early drafts of what's winding up on the wiki) if you're curious. I can't say no one will ever scanlate this, but I can vehemently say that they shouldn't because there's probably a trashy doujinshi they could put their time toward instead.

Chapter 1 summary: https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 3443264512
Chapter 2 summary: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1048627719125196801

If you click the hashtag in the second summary, you can find a few other comments and pictures.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:12 am

Why do I have a feeling there's going to be a Valentine's day event come February???

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 am

excelhedge wrote:Why do I have a feeling there's going to be a Valentine's day event come February???
Because you're an overly romantic person?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 pm

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1073509707652845569

No Smash or FighterZ for EVO Japan main events? Oh man, that's something.

EVO without Smash is so weird.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:24 am

Logania wrote:No Smash or FighterZ for EVO Japan main events? Oh man, that's something.

The first EVO Japan event also lacked Smash as that has little to no playerbase in Japan. There are also more EVOs without Smash than with it.

FighterZ is also more popular internationally and when compared to other competitive Fighting games.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:46 am

AgitoZ wrote:
Logania wrote:No Smash or FighterZ for EVO Japan main events? Oh man, that's something.

The first EVO Japan event also lacked Smash as that has little to no playerbase in Japan. There are also more EVOs without Smash than with it.

FighterZ is also more popular internationally and when compared to other competitive Fighting games.
Both of these are false claims.

The previous EVO Japan tournament had Smash 4 in its lineup (and Japan has a relatively big competitive Smash community), and DBFZ according to records sold more in Japan than most console fighters this gen, including SF5 and BBTB.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Logania wrote:https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1073509707652845569

No Smash or FighterZ for EVO Japan main events? Oh man, that's something.

I read somewhere that the FighterZ not being in EVO Japan is a Toei thing. Man, Toei sucks.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:01 pm

"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:02 pm

zarmack wrote:Both of these are false claims.

The previous EVO Japan tournament had Smash 4 in its lineup (and Japan has a relatively big competitive Smash community), and DBFZ according to records sold more in Japan than most console fighters this gen, including SF5 and BBTB.
I confused myself as far as the Smash thing goes. There was no Melee at EVO Japan, where it has little to no competition. It's the same reason there was no Marvel Tournament either. Nintendo, or maybe even the organizers themselves, likely don't want them to run the Wii U version. It might even just be too new, even Arms had been out for longer at the time.

As far as DBFZ goes, it is not popular in Japan competitively, not sales wise, meaning people who are playing it tournaments. SFV is hugely unpopular and sold terribly, but its numbers at EVO 2018 were still quite close to DBFZ (the difference was only around a hundred or so entrants). Not to mention, SFV (along with Tekken 7) also has the advantage of having the pro-game license available for players. In Japan, there are various gambling laws that affect being able to run things like fighting games for money, but thanks to the license SFV is able to run events for much higher prize pools for example.

Maybe publishers have to shell out to get games in tournament and Bandai is more worried about SC6 getting popularity and they aren't worrying about FighterZ which already made back its money. There could be various other reasons as to why FighterZ is not gonna be on the lineup, it still wouldn't make game super popular in its native region.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:09 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:https://gematsu.com/2018/12/bandai-namc ... 019-lineup

New trailer for Jump Festa.
hoping for season 2. What else could it be?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:35 am

IM21 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:https://gematsu.com/2018/12/bandai-namc ... 019-lineup

New trailer for Jump Festa.
hoping for season 2. What else could it be?
Trailer for the deluxe edition they announced recently. Hope I'm wrong, I continue to expect Season 2 to be announced at the end of January during the World Tour Finals.