"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nosferatu93 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:53 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 pm
Nosferatu93 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:00 pm Its an awful fighting game, if it hadnt dragonball skin no one would play it.
Yet it's one of the most played fighting games to date alongside SFV and Tekken 7.
You could sell a bag of shit if you write Dragonball on it.
Hellsing

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri May 14, 2021 6:57 pm

what a weird argument to make, i don't even like this game that much but like people who actually delve super into fighter games all love it or at least like respect it, it seems. like yes it's a dragon ball game it was always gonna be a hit but it's 3 years later, thar shine has worn off, people who are in the fighting game community are playing it because it's legitimately a good fighting game.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat May 15, 2021 6:06 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:57 pm what a weird argument to make, i don't even like this game that much but like people who actually delve super into fighter games all love it or at least like respect it, it seems. like yes it's a dragon ball game it was always gonna be a hit but it's 3 years later, thar shine has worn off, people who are in the fighting game community are playing it because it's legitimately a good fighting game.
Hear, hear, I didn't even play Guilty Gear that much and long as FighterZ.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 am

Launching FighterZ 2 post-2022 movie with the new characters as highlight's and rollback would be great.

Maybe have one last World Tour with some scrap DLC to file the time. Omega Shenron and Moro(who would be recycled for FighterZ 2 to make it worthwhile).

I don't think it makes sense to release a sequel before the movie. Sure there's the manga but a movie is frontline media and gathering from both is a plus.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 15, 2021 12:21 pm

LightBing wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 am I don't think it makes sense to release a sequel before the movie.
Even if they were to announce it at E3 it would be a 2022 release date, so releasing one before the movie isn't even an option anymore.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sun May 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Do mobile games count towards the "Dragonball has to release 1 game per fiscal year" deal that DB has with Bandai Namco or is it just console games which that applies to.

Meito

Post by Meito » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:39 am

Since we're at it, are there some chances that Bandai will announce something related to FighterZ during E3? (At least a balance patch?)

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Meito wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:39 am Since we're at it, are there some chances that Bandai will announce something related to FighterZ during E3? (At least a balance patch?)
i know its a longshot but I'm hoping for either a sequel with rollback or season 4 with it. Bandai normally doesnt drop a successful game series at 1 game and move on i.e Ninja Storm Series.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:54 pm

FighterZ is likely done and over with it. We might get a sequel, but it won't happen for a long time.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:10 am

Well, there is one new thing they may add here.

Rollback, though it won't be super soon.

They did say they were looking into it back in September last year with the Roshi livestream. And then there was that notice some time ago that ArcSys would bring Rollback to older titles.

Guilty Gear strive did well with that, let's hope it'll be good for FighterZ too.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:37 am

But ArcSys doesn't own FighterZ, Bandai Namco does, so it's not their call if FighterZ gets rollback. The only games that could get rollback are games from the Blazblue and Guilty Gear series, which ArcSys owns the rights.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 pm

While Bandai has the say, Arcsys makes the game netcode and all the. It would be extremely weird for them to interfere in the process in such a significant way.

Regardless, it's incredibly hard and time-consuming to convert a game to rollback. It should be implemented from the start. Do not count on FighterZ getting rollback.

FighterZ 2 with it is extremely likely if the game ever happens. Guilty Gear Strive has set the bar, the new Melty Blood also has it and KoF 15 will probably get it too. It's the new standard not joining will likely lose a lot of sales, rightly so.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:09 pm

If we get XV3 in 2022, I doubt we will see FZ2 until 2024 or even 2026 at this rate.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:31 am

Update and tournament announcement.

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1 ... 78088?s=19

TLDR:
- Improving netcode still too difficult.
- Once again Online tournament, this time open to all.
- Balance update mid-August
- Character balance and system balance
- An air guard cancel is mentioned

Really curious about the system changes, hope they risk it and test stuff out for an eventual FighterZ 2.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Dragon Ball FighterZ Show #7 live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0BuIZYUgLg

Lots of character balances but the real game changers are the system updates.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Meito

Post by Meito » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:36 pm

Maybe not in this patch but seems like they are going to add Goku Day color for Gogeta Blue as well:
https://twitter.com/UltIMa647/status/14 ... 50024?s=19

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:32 am

I haven't played in quite a while, I'm ultra rusty and I'm SSB rank in a game where everyone else is at least a God of Destruction.

But hey, i'll come back for this. Base Goku looks great, love that he gets his divekick as a special now, it's gonna make bnbs so much easier. God only knows what the tier-lists are going to look like after this, they changed everyone.
Last edited by Kataphrut on Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:41 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:09 pm If we get XV3 in 2022, I doubt we will see FZ2 until 2024 or even 2026 at this rate.
Well XV2 shows no sign of ending anytime soon while FighterZ is slowing down competitively and is kinda hinting to be done with DLC.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:03 am

This new patch is amazing and I cannot wait to see how the community will act on this.

Golden Frieza is now a viable strategy right at the gate, instead of a last ditch effort.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:35 am

Patch is insane, they went wild.

Don't know if this is a goodbye and they went ham or just testing stuff for a potential DVFZ2. Probably both actually...

Anyone saw the clip of Kuririn dying and reviving himself with senzu bean? :lol: