"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:31 am

LightBing wrote:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/10/31/se ... -fighterz/

New music pack coming, unfortunately like the first the musics are shortened.
HERE WE GO! I never bought the first music pack due to no songs really standing out to me as great fight songs for the hefty price, as much as I love 'We Were Angels' and 'Dan Dan'. But this pack! Limit Break X Survivor, Dragon Soul, HERO, Day of Destiny, freakin Ultimate Battle! Not to mention Background music from Saiyan and Cell sagas and Dead Zone. I am especially excited for the Dead Zone track if it has the Makafusighi Adventure/Piccolo Jr's Theme song from that film. I will definitely be picking this music pack up. With the Buu instrumental tracks being the only saga missing now, I can see us getting a 3rd music pack eventually.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Re-reading this thread from the beginning is pretty funny :D

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:Re-reading this thread from the beginning is pretty funny :D
In what way, may I ask?

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:08 am

Finally hit Majin rank today after months of being stuck at Super Saiyan 3. :D How long I'll maintain it for could be another matter. :)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Haven't had time to play much lately. Really want to learn Kuririn, he's pretty cool in this game.
90sDBZ wrote:Finally hit Majin rank today after months of being stuck at Super Saiyan 3. :D How long I'll maintain it for could be another matter. :)
Congrats. :thumbup:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:31 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
LightBing wrote:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/10/31/se ... -fighterz/

New music pack coming, unfortunately like the first the musics are shortened.
HERE WE GO! I never bought the first music pack due to no songs really standing out to me as great fight songs for the hefty price, as much as I love 'We Were Angels' and 'Dan Dan'. But this pack! Limit Break X Survivor, Dragon Soul, HERO, Day of Destiny, freakin Ultimate Battle! Not to mention Background music from Saiyan and Cell sagas and Dead Zone. I am especially excited for the Dead Zone track if it has the Makafusighi Adventure/Piccolo Jr's Theme song from that film. I will definitely be picking this music pack up. With the Buu instrumental tracks being the only saga missing now, I can see us getting a 3rd music pack eventually.

Wish we got the vocal track as well as the instrumental track. Doesn't have that hit without the "KA-KA-KA-KA Kachi Daze!" Still excited though

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:56 pm

LightBing wrote:Haven't had time to play much lately. Really want to learn Kuririn, he's pretty cool in this game.
90sDBZ wrote:Finally hit Majin rank today after months of being stuck at Super Saiyan 3. :D How long I'll maintain it for could be another matter. :)
Congrats. :thumbup:
Thanks man. :) I'm kind of afraid to play ranked at the moment in case I get onto a huge losing steak. :lol:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:18 pm

When we'll get news about the new DLC?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Noah wrote:When we'll get news about the new DLC?
Outside of a new music pack, no new DLC (such as a "season season" or additional playable characters) has been formally announced, so there's no way to answer this question.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:45 am

We don’t know. But Jumpfesta is likely...

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:39 am

I hope if Super Broly is in the game he gets the mouth beam as an assist, we need more beam assists to begin with, sort of tired from running SS Goku or Black, also Gogeta Blue/SS? can have the galick kamehameha or one of the leaked moves in Xenoverse 2

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Deluxe Edition announced for PS4 in Japan:

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dragon-ball ... zlIc0JJ.99
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Best shot is at the end of the FighterZ Dragon Tour - about a month after the movie premiers in the US, if I'm not mistaken.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:11 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Deluxe Edition announced for PS4 in Japan:

ToP and ROSAT locations for the trophy room, but we don't have in game stages for them. Hmmmmm, DLC stages perhaps? The room is there on the stage select screen.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:45 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Why can't people give both games credit.

I don't see any reason for being biased against a game , that's just a childish behaviour.

Also the fun differs for a person to another , many people are having a blast with it and many people see it as the best dragon ball game ever. (including me)
You answered your own question, because fun differs from person to person. People aren't going to (and shouldn't be expected to) give both games credit if they genuinely find one of them to be boring or otherwise not fun to play.

You might as well be asking "Why do people have to criticize things they don't like? Why can't people just like everything?"

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Hmmm ... so no Season 2? We'll see.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:33 am

Does anyone know if they lowered the damage on any characters or sparking in patch 1.12? One of my sparking combos with Cell is doing about 300 damage less than it used to. I'm getting the same amount of hits in the combo, its just doing less damage. I know they put more scaling on his combos before but that was a few patches ago.
Also does anyone know exactly when 1.12 went live? Because my screenshot of the combo when it did more damage is dated September 26. Which seems to be the day 1.12 went live so that would be kind of odd that the combo damage went down even though there hasn't been a patch since then. Or did 1.12 go live on the 27th when Cooler and 17 were released?

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:37 am

Nickolaidas wrote:

info on that cold come at the game awards in early December. If not then I am sure we're getting an announcement at Jump Festa.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:

I think they release it to renew interest and gain a few new players before S2. It sounds more like a confirmation to me.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm

KayDash wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

I think they release it to renew interest and gain a few new players before S2. It sounds more like a confirmation to me.
Come to think of it, it *is* called a deluxe edition. Normally the 'complete' editions are called "Definitive", "Ultimate" or "GOTY" Editions.