"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:44 am

It's trial, you can basically get them and use the characters until 16th of December as kind of demo.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:47 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:17 am
sangofe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:07 am Apparently there are free dlc characters until the 16th of December.
Can you expand upon this? I saw some are 50% off, but that's about it.
https://m.facebook.com/pg/3397133031204 ... ef=m_notif

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 pm

BlazBlue Cross Tag is getting rollback netcode. This game came after FighterZ.

I'm not getting my hopes up since one's a 2d game which should far easier to do. But who knows?
Of course they would need the avail from Bandai which seems slim but at least ArcSys seems 100% in the rollback train.

World Championships are in January, if any news: rollback, FighterZ 2, another season pass etc... They will pop up there.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:10 pm

LightBing wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 pm BlazBlue Cross Tag is getting rollback netcode. This game came after FighterZ.

I'm not getting my hopes up since one's a 2d game which should far easier to do. But who knows?
Of course they would need the avail from Bandai which seems slim but at least ArcSys seems 100% in the rollback train.

World Championships are in January, if any news: rollback, FighterZ 2, another season pass etc... They will pop up there.
Do you think something could possibly get announced at Jump Festa?

It’s quite convenient that the 8 million(copies sold) free dlc campaign for Fighterz ends the day before Jump Festa. :think:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Man, at least the GT Shenron should be added to complement the GT Gogeta + dramatic finish and I will be happy and the roster will be complete for me 8)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:12 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:10 pm
LightBing wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:40 pm BlazBlue Cross Tag is getting rollback netcode. This game came after FighterZ.

Do you think something could possibly get announced at Jump Festa?

It’s quite convenient that the 8 million(copies sold) free dlc campaign for Fighterz ends the day before Jump Festa. :think:
I don't think so. Not the place for these types of announcements usually. If anything it should be at the World Finals in January.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:26 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:47 pm Man, at least the GT Shenron should be added to complement the GT Gogeta + dramatic finish and I will be happy and the roster will be complete for me 8)
Yeah it's a bit werid they would add Baby but not Omega Shenron who was the final villain. Omega would fit great. He has arguably the most diverse moveset in franchise with all the powers from other dragons.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Honestly FighterZ is popular enough that you could add the characters that most wouldn’t think would be received well by the player base & still be fine.

Omega should be added

Nova and Eis would be nice you could have their flame or ice attacks work similar to how subzeros does in MK. Instead of two Characters slots just have Eis Shenron be a sort of costume/pallete swap for nova (since they look exactly the same aside from skin tone) where the moves freeze instead of burn.

But If I had a choice rollback before any of this. Strive with rollback is killing DBFZ on the SteamCharts in active player base due to the crappy online netcode of FighterZ.
Last edited by ObnoxiousNamek on Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Rollback is more important than any character or content update.

There may be hopes as ArcSys recently went and added it to two of their recent games, Blazblue something-or-other and Cross Tag Battle. So all it comes down to now is whether or not Bandai Namco gives them the go-ahead to add it to DBFZ.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:29 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:22 pm Rollback is more important than any character or content update.

There may be hopes as ArcSys recently went and added it to two of their recent games, Blazblue something-or-other and Cross Tag Battle. So all it comes down to now is whether or not Bandai Namco gives them the go-ahead to add it to DBFZ.
I would hope/think they would Bandai seems to have shifted gears into making most of their games try to last as long as possible.(I.e XV2) & Rollback has been a HIGHLY requested feature.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:54 am

A bit surprised this was on the down low.

(Lab Coat) Android 21 is joining Fighterz. https://youtu.be/B9k4RVub3xI

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:02 am

I wasn't expecting DLC much less an alternative version of the character that never appeared in the manga or anime...

I have two theories first: we're getting a Season pass focused on the new movie and #21 will be relevant there. Candidates for DLC are, one of the Gamma's, Pan(Super) and whoever gets a new form(Gohan?).

Second theory: a sequel is still far away but they want to milk the game some more. Using assets they already have with minimal work and occasionally squeeze a few bucks.

We'll probably get more news in January at the World Finals.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:36 am

Whaaaat? Well, I thought she is kinda cool in Legends and XV without transforming to Majin, but honestly, I would take this character for free or as a re-skin if that is technically possible, I am not paying.

Not excited at all, unless she comes in a pack or pass with more interesting characters.

Hard to say about my most fav DB game, but zero excitement.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:42 am

Maybe they are putting a new version of android 21 because she will be the main antagonist in the new super movie?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:57 am

They tryin'a compete with Xenoverse 2 for most redundant/useless DLC characters
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:43 pm

The S wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:57 am They tryin'a compete with Xenoverse 2 for most redundant/useless DLC characters
I'm with you there... don't think anyone asked for this. FighterZ does a decent job with making characters feel different though. Characters like Dabura or Tapion or Tao would've made my day.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:12 pm

I wanted Raditz but I suppose it's possible we're still going to get a new season pass

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:01 pm

Don't know what's more surprising - Getting Android 21 base form after all these years or end up never getting new stages.

It should also have rollback netcode. The game is too popular to not have that but they seem to be saving that for the sequel, which is a shame because this game didn't need one anytime soon.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Lab Coat A21 should have been part of the main roster, not even S1 DLC. Is she going to be the first videogame character to move up the canonical ladder and end up in a movie, or even referenced? That could be a very good reason why to do this now.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:30 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:43 pm
The S wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:57 am They tryin'a compete with Xenoverse 2 for most redundant/useless DLC characters
I'm with you there... don't think anyone asked for this. FighterZ does a decent job with making characters feel different though. Characters like Dabura or Tapion or Tao would've made my day.
I know people wanted her but everyone thought maybe it'd be a premium costume of some sort. Or less. Her model's already in the game. Maybe she fights with more science stuff and less copy attacks but shoot, this feels almost like it's out of desperation.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!