"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:50 pm I honestly hope we get new story mode chapters for DLC because I do love the story mode in this game for doing something fun and creative.
That's why I want a FighterZ 2 already. So many DLC characters like Zamasu, Broly/Cheelai, Gogeta etc. are robbed of story mode presence now. Even some of the base roster like Trunks and Black never appeared.

It's fun, but it could be a lot more with all the characters on their disposal now.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:55 pm That's why I want a FighterZ 2 already. So many DLC characters like Zamasu, Broly/Cheelai, Gogeta etc. are robbed of story mode presence now. Even some of the base roster like Trunks and Black never appeared.

It's fun, but it could be a lot more with all the characters on their disposal now.
I don't think FighterZ 2 will happen until a new series gets released. They already got all the essential characters, more new material would be needed. I think a new story mode DLC is more likely than FighterZ 2 right now.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:44 am

I don't think they're going to touch story mode content for the same reason I said a while back that they aren't doing skins- updates for FighterZ are likely being scaled back to focus on Guilty Gear, so we're just going to get the bare minimum to keep the game ticking over competitively.

Outside of new characters, most of the additions to the game have been pretty simple- the dojo, new arcade modes, tournament modes, the raid bosses and party matches, etc. I don't see them pushing really hard on single-player exclusive stuff like story mode.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:44 am

Recently picked up the Switch version. Had the PS4 version for a bit, but no PS4. I wanna build an arcade stick and maybe start training for a local or something once this virus stuff goes away.

Right now my main team is:
Coola
Videl
Goku Black

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 pm

I still think jako can be an excellent gag character ... he has a lot of fighting moves in the series Super, Manga (DB Minus, Moro arc) and movie

can still include multiple Top characters
Toppo, Ribrianne, Bergamo (w brothers) and Dyspo who showed many original skills and moves
I really don't understand much why some want to include chichi or ranfan they don't really have anything to offer in this type of game. I think that king piccolo would be more worthy of appearing.

and yes, omega shenron would be a good contribution

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:13 am

My bets are still on Li Shenlong (Omega)... I don't think more Super characters will appear and I really wonder, who will the second one be.
Another fun character like Roshi? Jaco is interesting idea tough... He would join the forray of smaller characters like Gotenks, GT Goku and Gohan.

I would love to see Moro as kind of promoting the Super continuing in manga and being something completely new, but I guess it is weird to have character not seen in any animated form before and thus not well known and from what I see, not even well liked.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:49 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:13 am and thus not well known and from what I see, not even well liked.
Vocal minority. Moro's arc and him himself is really appreciated in the general Internet. Look at the amount of fanart or animations people do with every new chapter. If these complainers were to decide anything, Jiren would never be included in any game because "he's too generic and has no moveset" :lol:

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:49 am
MCDaveG wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:13 am and thus not well known and from what I see, not even well liked.
Vocal minority. Moro's arc and him himself is really appreciated in the general Internet. Look at the amount of fanart or animations people do with every new chapter. If these complainers were to decide anything, Jiren would never be included in any game because "he's too generic and has no moveset" :lol:
At first yeah, but i think the shift is happening that peopel are now finding it to drag out for sure, people want the Moro arc to end and the series to move on, and its probably partly because he lost anything that made him interesting when he became Generic DB villain 49 as opposed to Ancient Space Goat Wizard 1.

Moro is definitely popular, but its from the earlier stuff, the hype now comes from
more so than Moro or the plot.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:05 pm

things like voice acting, intensity of dialogue and iconic moments count and in the case of jiren he has all that despite the lack of creative movements
Moro is not that he has many original abilities, most of them have already been seen in other characters such as Frieza, Cell, Kefla and Hit, maybe it could be acceptable for his iconic movements beating through his enemies Goku and Namekians ... as a dramatic finish but I would feel it out of place when the manga is not even finished and regardless of whether moro arc is good or bad, not everyone can perceive the printed version in the same way as the animated version, so it has its risks

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Since I got into this game, I've started looking at new characters in DB in terms of what could be their moveset in FighterZ.

With Moro for example, I'm gonna make a hyper-specific guess: that bit where he appears in front of 17 and 18 with his back to them and does the two-thumbs execution blast will be his 5LLL. They always seem to make those sorts of moves the light autocombo finisher, see also Freeza and Cooler.

That said, we could be a long, long way away from him turning up in FighterZ. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dude hasn't even been in Heroes yet, has he?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:13 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:49 am
I don't see anyone having problem with Jiren, just that he's kinda bland character wise...
But people are vocal about Moro arc dragging for too long and not being really that interesting as the most interest stems from the fact, that this is a sequel to Super in a sense and people are curious about it, so they just follow it.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:07 am

JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am At first yeah, but i think the shift is happening that peopel are now finding it to drag out for sure, people want the Moro arc to end and the series to move on, and its probably partly because he lost anything that made him interesting when he became Generic DB villain 49 as opposed to Ancient Space Goat Wizard 1.

Moro is definitely popular, but its from the earlier stuff, the hype now comes from
And yet when he will turn the tides in this month's chapter the hype will be back to Moro's side...
The fandom tends to follow the one who wins. Moro had a bad chapter last month, but he was extremely popular when he put a hole in Goku prior to that.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:18 am

Xeogran wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:07 am
JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am At first yeah, but i think the shift is happening that peopel are now finding it to drag out for sure, people want the Moro arc to end and the series to move on, and its probably partly because he lost anything that made him interesting when he became Generic DB villain 49 as opposed to Ancient Space Goat Wizard 1.

And yet when he will turn the tides in this month's chapter the hype will be back to Moro's side...
The fandom tends to follow the one who wins. Moro had a bad chapter last month, but he was extremely popular when he put a hole in Goku prior to that.
I dont think it's following the winning side, people were happy Moro put a hole in Goku because it upset the rhythm, but then they were equally as annoyed that Goku survived perfectly fine.

I'm not saying people dont like Moro, people are just bored of the arc now, and upset with the fact that Moro now, as a character, has nothing that made him interesting in the first place(His appearance, his magic, his motivation).

Moro is liked, but the latter part of the stories execution is what people are unhappy with, not the character himself, though he has been characterised poorly in the latest few chapters from how he was initially presented. It's not that Goku is winning so people are on Goku's side, its that people are bored that the plot has been flip flopping between who is winning in an attempt to drag the story out.

But this is a topic about the game, not the manga, so this discussion is straying well off the path of on topic, i apologise.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm

So Omega Shenron is coming next? Hope they include his Dragon Thunder.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:06 am

Noah wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm So Omega Shenron is coming next? Hope they include his Dragon Thunder.
Yeah... I remember this attack since Budokai series ''Doragon Sandaaaa!'' that's a staple so I hope it is in!
And I really like his voice actor he gives this ancient and sinister vibes like Piccolo Daimao did.

I have really no idea who will be next otherwise and I hope they won't rush it, because I really enjoy that FighterZ has still a live player base, like Mortal Kombat and other bigger fighters out there, as I am kind of afraid that after the support and hype around, the game will die like Guilty Gear (And Guilty Gear dies like damn fast! I bought the Rev2 and like after a year, couldn't find an online match) and other Japanese IPs (I am still angry about Gundam Versus being online oriented on unlocks and achievements as the DLC had ludicrous prices and nobody played the game, so I am not buying another Gundam game since even tough I am a huge fan).

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:43 am

Uub would be the next DLC character, in a perfect world.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:24 am

In Brightest Day wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:43 am Uub would be the next DLC character, in a perfect world.
I actually liked his Z version in Budokai 3 over the Majuub from GT we've got in Sparking and Xenoverse series.
Altough it is true that the Z Uub has a really limited moveset and only thing he does is actually a Ki shout.

I like Uub as an idea in the series and reincarnated Buu, so he shows up at the end of manga and get's trained to whatever state...
and in GT, they ruined the character. But might be interesting, it's just that even GT Goku is kind of a best of character and Uub is kinda weird addition into the roster.

What I will be really surprised and blown off, if the last two character would be the rumored Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Goku :lol:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:50 pm So Omega Shenron is coming next? Hope they include his Dragon Thunder.
I bet my left nut Omega will one of the upcoming characters. The other is a toss-up between Raditz, Dabura, Toppo, and Pikkon.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:57 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:24 am
In Brightest Day wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:43 am Uub would be the next DLC character, in a perfect world.
I actually liked his Z version in Budokai 3 over the Majuub from GT we've got in Sparking and Xenoverse series.
Altough it is true that the Z Uub has a really limited moveset and only thing he does is actually a Ki shout.

I like Uub as an idea in the series and reincarnated Buu, so he shows up at the end of manga and get's trained to whatever state...
and in GT, they ruined the character. But might be interesting, it's just that even GT Goku is kind of a best of character and Uub is kinda weird addition into the roster.

What I will be really surprised and blown off, if the last two character would be the rumored Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Goku :lol:
Out of any of the versions, I’m hoping for beginning of GT Uub, as opposed to Z Uub or Super Uub but that’s just me.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:44 pm

I'm struggling to picture Omega Shenron in the game for some reason. He's just such an irrelevant character by now and I don't remember him having that many moves to base his playstyle off. Seeing as how everyone's deadset on his inclusion, I'm sure ArcSys will find a way to make him cool and interesting.

Raditz I can more clearly imagine, but like Omega, he doesn't immediately yet interest me for similar reasons. I know it's sacrilege for some but I've generally gone 'off' Raditz as a character in recent years. Dude was always just a one-trick-pony.

If they instead keep a Tournament of Power theme, not saying they should but if they do, I'd like to see Toppo and Dyspo as well as a truly offbeat pick like Magetta or another god, preferably another Hakaishin. Toyotaro's manga gave them all unique abilities to fit their looks. If any other Destroyer is going to be chosen, it's bound to be Belmod, he can use explosive playing cards as weapons like Gambit. Considering that Gambit-like characters are always a big draw in fighting games, it seems only natural for DBFZ to get in on the action. An Angel would certainly be cool too, most likely Vados -- seeing as how all Angels have the non-interference policy, I'd imagine she'd be a non-fighting fighter who attacks indirectly, like Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 or the Animal Crossing characters in Smash Bros. I can only imagine her intro: she and Champa beam down onto the stage framed in exactly the same way as Beerus's intro with Whis, only for Vados to shove Champa out of the way after they land. :lol: