"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:27 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I did a 2nd version of my Chi-Chi moveset concept for this game...

This time I settled for a more rushdown-heavy style ala Jam Kuradoberi from Guilty Gears, further empathizing her skills as a martial artist and stirring away from gimmicks:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2018/ ... e-version/

Is this better than the first attempt?
Its pretty decent.
My English is poor .

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Got the game two days ago. Finiashed the story mode, it was a drag but finally could unlock A21.

After some hours of practice I manage to pull of some super moves and combos that requiere a bit of perfect timing to pull off, that said, I'm still struggling to do super moves with just a single swing quarter circle with the d-pads, 4/5 times I need to perform the quarter circle twice for the supers to work, which more often than not mess up the timing of combos.

So far I couldn't play online because my internet has been vary shaky for the past two months but, fighting with my siblings more than make up for that.

Probably the most fun I've had with a DB game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Score: 4.5/5
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:14 am

Here's my Videl Character Reference Sheet.

Got it done on the afternoon of Saturday... converting it was the hard part.

So now here it is:

https://imgur.com/a/0x5Eq
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

A21Fan

Post by A21Fan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:38 am

I enjoyed the cutscenes of this game. :)
Android 21, Cell and Frieza had the best moments.
Sometimes i had the feeling that TFS worked on a few, haha.

I adore 21s true form.
Good 21 is just cute and innocent ... dont touch her i dare you! :x
Her sacrifice was damn sad though. (Here is a different take about here sacrifice ... its a really good fanfiction imo! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12840344/1 ... fice-of-21)

The bad "versions" arent "evil" imo. (Super Warrior, Enemy Warrior, Android 21 Arc ... iam separating them because they all act a bit different)
They didnt torture people or try to blow up the planet without a reason so i would say that they are the least villainous antagonists.
If i had their powers things would be much worse. :twisted:

Cell was perhaps molested in hell ... thats why he roasts everyone to let off some frustration. ^^
Our Lord Frisbee also gets easily triggered and its just funny to watch.
And dont get me started with Goku ... he is simple minded as usual. :lol:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 pm

As much as I love this game, I really wish Arcade Mode was better. It's can get pretty competitive, which is cool. My main issue is the lack of a final boss and endings. I think Merged Zamasu would've been the perfect final boss.

Still have yet to really dive into Story Mode. Only completed 3%. Really don't have the desire to play it.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Still trying to rework the story mode for this game. I have to say they didn't do themselves any favors with this cast. I tried to minimally recreate the story post-Raditz and it's impossible without Base Goku and Vegeta, made me really scratch my head why they aren't in the game in some form. It also made me really long for Kid Gohan he would be great with a rage mechanic of some kind.

The above got me wondering how happy is everyone with the Base Roster? Taking into account context of course 23 characters available plus #21, release while the ToP was happening and knowing pre-Raditz material would be ignored.
Who everyone considers essential, what are the bias, etc...

Personally I need representation from all arcs. Which is why the inclusion of the antagonist from Super arcs was welcomed, Beerus double dipping as an essential current character.
I need the humans. They might not fight much currently(current non-withstanding) but they have a history and that should be respected. Besides they are pretty interesting for a fighting game.

With this said, I would remove one Goku and one Vegeta from the get go. For the base roster we don't need two. Besides I'm pretty disappointed with them with the exception of Vegeta Blue. I also find it criminal to miss the Genki Dama for example. I see a lot of bad choices when the developers tackled these characters.

I would trade Cell Games Gohan for Kid Gohan. The latter is much more important in my opinion. The other lasts for a second in the manga, killing Cell doesn't surpass everything he did during the Saiyan and Namek arcs. This would come with the plus of a more interesting move set.

The ones I would put in are Super Boo and a gag character. This is Dragon Ball why don't you have a gag character in your video game? Hercules or Great Saiyaman would be my choices. You could even add Videl to their characters.

Super Boo is a pretty important villain and one who has the absorption gimmick working for him. I'm surprised Arc System didn't use him, maybe they didn't have any ideas?

I rate the base roster 85 out of 100.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

LightBing wrote:Still trying to rework the story mode for this game. I have to say they didn't do themselves any favors with this cast. I tried to minimally recreate the story post-Raditz and it's impossible without Base Goku and Vegeta, made me really scratch my head why they aren't in the game in some form. It also made me really long for Kid Gohan he would be great with a rage mechanic of some kind.

The above got me wondering how happy is everyone with the Base Roster? Taking into account context of course 23 characters available plus #21, release while the ToP was happening and knowing pre-Raditz material would be ignored.
Who everyone considers essential, what are the bias, etc...

Personally I need representation from all arcs. Which is why the inclusion of the antagonist from Super arcs was welcomed, Beerus double dipping as an essential current character.
I need the humans. They might not fight much currently(current non-withstanding) but they have a history and that should be respected. Besides they are pretty interesting for a fighting game.

With this said, I would remove one Goku and one Vegeta from the get go. For the base roster we don't need two. Besides I'm pretty disappointed with them with the exception of Vegeta Blue. I also find it criminal to miss the Genki Dama for example. I see a lot of bad choices when the developers tackled these characters.

I would trade Cell Games Gohan for Kid Gohan. The latter is much more important in my opinion. The other lasts for a second in the manga, killing Cell doesn't surpass everything he did during the Saiyan and Namek arcs. This would come with the plus of a more interesting move set.

The ones I would put in are Super Boo and a gag character. This is Dragon Ball why don't you have a gag character in your video game? Hercules or Great Saiyaman would be my choices. You could even add Videl to their characters.

Super Boo is a pretty important villain and one who has the absorption gimmick working for him. I'm surprised Arc System didn't use him, maybe they didn't have any ideas?

I rate the base roster 85 out of 100.
1. Super Buu is redundant and unnecessary because they gave Kid Buu his moves and references already.

2. They should have made SSB an in-game transformation like they did with Golden Frieza. That way we wouldn't have 2 of the same characters.

3. The only GT characters that would be good picks are Omega Shenron and Majuub.

4. Kid Goku is a better pick than Kid Gohan, due to having a more unique fighting style and abilities. Master Roshi would be perfect for the same reasons.

5. As far as female characters go, Towa and Kefla are the best choices possible. Towa could use her hax abilities from Xenoverse and DBHeros, as well as her staff and play like Litchi from Blazblue, and there's a lot you can do with Kefla's (as well as Caulifla and Kale's) moveset from the ToP.

6. [spoiler]A fourth story mode (taking place immediately after the third) that uses all playable characters (with some cameos) would be great.[/spoiler]

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:12 pm

kn83 wrote:1. Super Buu is redundant and unnecessary because they gave Kid Buu his moves and references already.

2. They should have made SSB an in-game transformation like they did with Golden Frieza. That way we wouldn't have 2 of the same characters.

3. The only GT characters that would be good picks are Omega Shenron and Majuub.

4. Kid Goku is a better pick than Kid Gohan, due to having a more unique fighting style and abilities. Master Roshi would be perfect for the same reasons.

5. As far as female characters go, Towa and Kefla are the best choices possible. Towa could use her hax abilities from Xenoverse and DBHeros, as well as her staff and play like Litchi from Blazblue, and there's a lot you can do with Kefla's (as well as Caulifla and Kale's) moveset from the ToP.

6. [spoiler]A fourth story mode (taking place immediately after the third) that uses all playable characters (with some cameos) would be great.[/spoiler]
1- Which they shouldn't have done, both should have been in the game in my opinion. Pure Boo also doesn't have any absorption moves Super Boo's defining trait.

2- Yeah that's a good compromise.

3- Personally I wouldn't want any GT characters in the base game.

4- I said Kid Gohan in detriment of Cell Games Gohan not because we need a small character. Kid Goku is from pre-Raditz, which like I said in my post this game decided to ignore. Likewise with Master Roshi this game released during the ToP, Muten-Roshi participation until then didn't earn him a place because he's like Kid Goku a pre-Raditz character.
There's hope that he's DLC, my number one pick for sure.

5- Yup Kefla would be great but never in the base roster, I don't know much about Towa but she doesn't belong in the base roster.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 pm

No Bardock and Broly trailers yet? (Showing their movesets)
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:No Bardock and Broly trailers yet? (Showing their movesets)
They teased some stuff on the US Namco Bandai twitter so I'm assuming they're coming relatively soon.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 am

Broly gameplay trailer: https://youtu.be/6YtBve_4ZBM
Bardock gameplay trailer will be next week.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:07 am

Wow, Broly doesn't look that great in this game's artstyle. At a distance he's fine, but for the dynamic closeups during the supers, it looks like we're looking at a lump of modelling clay.

Also, I remember predicting his alt colour (skin option 2) would be either Paragus or Kale. Turns out, he has both.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:26 am

Broly has the best theme in this game.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am

Wow, Broly looks boring. I feel like his attacks should have more visual impact to them.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 am

Can't wait too see 10 sec of Bardock gameplay

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:11 am

that trailer was kinda ugh. The first thing this lame does in the trailer is say Kakarot and just made me remember why I don't like him. Voice doesn't sound too good when laughing and considering that's what he's doing for nearly the whole thing, it's kinda :| & sounds like he's some kind of weird pigeon or something. Should have switched to another actor. his model looks very blocky & almost looks like he's a mod. I do enjoy the outfit with the black pants though.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:41 am

They need to stop with these so called trailers. 20 seconds of which the first 5 is the intro isn't acceptable, specially with all the teasing on Bandai Namco twitter account. Ridiculous.

Broly seems good and bad. A lot of grabs which is great, the ultimate is pretty meh and not a single clothesline. Broly needs a clothesline. Finally is it just me or does that diving grab look bad? Besides being a copy of Nappa's one. They aren't corresponding to my expectations but this is just a 15 second trailer so..., yeah.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm

I'm surprised they did not continue using this alternate costume:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 pm

I'm surprised they didn't use this alternate costume.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I'm surprised they did not continue using this alternate costume:
We haven't seen his purple color yet.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr