"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:29 pm

excelhedge wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I learned you can't try out the free week of Switch online without giving a credit card or PayPal. Unfortunate.

How safe is paying money through a Switch? Apparently you can't free trial through the website.

I'd like to participate in this Halloween event, but more hoops to jump through keep appearing.
Dude stop stressing over it, pay your $20 for online, and then erase your card's infomation from the switch.

Honestly. You stressing over nothing.
I worry about my credit info being stolen. It's not nothing. What security software is on the Switch to prevent my info from being stolen?

Also Switch online really doesn't have much to offer right now and I only wanna get on long enough to change my username in FighterZ and participate in the Halloween event. I've played the NES games before. I'd be way more open if they had Gamecube and N64 games available.

EDIT:
Nevermind! Looks like I can buy all this stuff through Amazon and just enter the code! Problem solved.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Chuquita wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I learned you can't try out the free week of Switch online without giving a credit card or PayPal. Unfortunate.

How safe is paying money through a Switch? Apparently you can't free trial through the website.

I'd like to participate in this Halloween event, but more hoops to jump through keep appearing.
Dude stop stressing over it, pay your $20 for online, and then erase your card's infomation from the switch.

I worry about my credit info being stolen. It's not nothing. What security software is on the Switch to prevent my info from being stolen?

Also Switch online really doesn't have much to offer right now and I only wanna get on long enough to change my username in FighterZ and participate in the Halloween event. I've played the NES games before. I'd be way more open if they had Gamecube and N64 games available.

EDIT:
Nevermind! Looks like I can buy all this stuff through Amazon and just enter the code! Problem solved.
Amazon. As many times they get hacked? Ok whatever works for you bro.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:33 pm

excelhedge wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
excelhedge wrote:

EDIT:
Amazon. As many times they get hacked? Ok whatever works for you bro.

Maybe you had a bad experience with Amazon, but I haven't had a single bad experience with Amazon in the many years I've bought stuff from them, so.

All my orders went through fine and I'm having a blast playing the Halloween event stuff!
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:47 am

Chuquita wrote:
I mean there is literally no such thing as hackproof, and honestly everything is running on "security" software that's many years out of date.

Then again, working in cybersecurity for 12 years, it's really numbed me to these things. Unless you're gonna stuff everything under your mattress and pay with cash exclusively for everything, you're not even 40% safe. I just say YOLO and keep rolling.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:05 am

The S wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
I mean there is literally no such thing as hackproof, and honestly everything is running on "security" software that's many years out of date.

Then again, working in cybersecurity for 12 years, it's really numbed me to these things. Unless you're gonna stuff everything under your mattress and pay with cash exclusively for everything, you're not even 40% safe. I just say YOLO and keep rolling.
Nothing's really 100% safe? That sounds right; I am cynical enough by this point to where yes that makes sense. Oh well, I already bought what I bought for my Switch.

The sub I bought will last me through where I want it. I've gotten all but four remaining Halloween items (I hope to win them by the end of the week) and I'm enjoying the couple dlc characters I bought (I like that it's ala carte) so I'm happy I bit the bullet after hemming and hauling for a month.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:07 am

If you're worried about people getting your card details you could just try using pre-paid cards. Needs to be one that you can register an address to though. Can just make the address up if you want.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 am

Getting a bit of-topic but I can recommend Netteller credit cards. They're prepaid, easy to use and widely accepted. I use one myself.

I have been going through story mode again. The interactions are pretty fun but the whole clone thing gets annoying. That being said, I do think this could become a pretty fun mode if they take the best part of this board game and Budokai 2's board game mode. So far this game has:

+Funny interactions
+Android 21 is a cool new villain
+I love the fact that it's a new story
+Leveling up gives the game a nice rpg twist
+New game+ is always a plus

-Fighting the same clones gets boring
-All the maps look the same. Give us a different background at least. Budokai 2's map looked more fun.
-They could have made the leveling up more interesting by allowing you to give your character specific boosts, kinda like how the 3 general slots work
-There should have been a way to let all characters, including DLC characters be playable. Characters that are optional to rescue don't aren't featured in the main story cut scenes so I don't see a problem with stuffing everyone in.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 am

https://v.redd.it/2bx6tx999os11

A LV1 Spirit Bomb can clash with a LV3 Super.
julianruirio wrote: Any charge of Base Goku’s Spirit Bomb will clash with a Level 3 Super. However, it will only clash for half the animation, so unless you Vanish you’ll still get hit by it.

Since the Vanish will hit them during their invincibility frames, you’re free to do a full unscaled combo of your liking.

Seems unrealistic in a real match, but it’s good to know.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:35 pm

I guess no one cares about the story mode any more but it's been bugging me that everyone is pulled down to Nappa's level which is a cool plot device to justify game balance but his come Android 16 can't literally ruin everyone combined.

His power is artificial and shouldn't be affected by what effects the living beings.

Do we ever find out how the 21 forms compare to canon characters if the power dampener wasn't on?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:11 pm

TobyS wrote:
Do we ever find out how the 21 forms compare to canon characters if the power dampener wasn't on?
Half way into the 3rd or 1st story arc, Vegeta (after all of the Z Fighters get their full power back) says that their full powers aren't enough to beat Majin 21 and that they need more. Considering that DBFZ's story takes place at least after the Champa arc, that would mean that Majin 21 is at least stronger than SSBKKx10 Goku from that arc.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:36 pm

zarmack wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Half way into the 3rd or 1st story arc, Vegeta (after all of the Z Fighters get their full power back) says that their full powers aren't enough to beat Majin 21 and that they need more. Considering that DBFZ's story takes place at least after the Champa arc, that would mean that Majin 21 is at least stronger than SSBKKx10 Goku from that arc.
Have the effects full worn off by then though?

Otherwise why don't they send the humans home for example....

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:43 pm

TobyS wrote:
zarmack wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Have the effects full worn off by then though?

Otherwise why don't they send the humans home for example....
Yes, the effects was worn off, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten their full powers back.

I think the humans are there to just fight off some clones.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:27 pm

TobyS wrote:I guess no one cares about the story mode any more but it's been bugging me that everyone is pulled down to Nappa's level which is a cool plot device to justify game balance but his come Android 16 can't literally ruin everyone combined.

His power is artificial and shouldn't be affected by what effects the living beings.
The waves affect everything except Beerus and Whis, even 17, 18 and 21 herself were affected, and even the likes of Boo, and their power source is much different from everything else, so 16 being affected too isn't far fetched, ultimately the waves thing is just a plot excuse to make other characters have some use as you said.
Don't think it's ever directly stated, but since 21 herself felt the need to make the waves to begin with, it's very unlikely she could face off against Goku and Vegeta at their peak power. It seems she even tends to get killed by the characters when they aren't in their peak in every route (With the villain's route even specifying that they got their powers back to normal after killing her, and in every route she tends to go around eating clones or other characters to get stronger).

Edit: I didn't read zarnack's posts before, and I decided to confirm, and he's right, later in the Androids arc Goku's power is back to normal and Vegeta mentions they need to use the linking thing to become even stronger to actualy be able to defeat 21, but before that it's also mentioned that 21 is eating clones left and right, so it seems she only started the linking thing to nerf everyone else so she can eventualy surpass them, so it's pretty doubtful she could stand up to them with her default powers without the waves.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:31 pm

In the villain storyline, Goku, Freeza and Cell had their power restored to normal so they could deal the final blow, which proved to be enough. So she's at around the level where it would take post-RoF Super Saiyan Goku, Freeza (as opposed to the Blue and Golden versions, which apparently aren't needed) and Super Perfect Cell to finish her. Let's just put her at Blue-tier and say that's about right.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:46 am

I guess it's complicated with the whole 3 slightly different storylines thing....

In the last one, doesn't good 21 need to sacrifice herself to beat evil 21 implying that all the other fighters combined are still weaker?

Although she also does it because she thinks she will go evil eventually too...

Did she lose any power splitting in two halves like buu did?

I guess weaker than the combined post U6 cast initially, hence the need of the rays, and requiring a team up of the post U6 cast to beat her once she's eaten a load of clones and the rays shut off....

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:33 am

Kataphrut wrote:In the villain storyline, Goku, Freeza and Cell had their power restored to normal so they could deal the final blow, which proved to be enough. So she's at around the level where it would take post-RoF Super Saiyan Goku, Freeza (as opposed to the Blue and Golden versions, which apparently aren't needed) and Super Perfect Cell to finish her. Let's just put her at Blue-tier and say that's about right.
They only got their power back after killing her, before that they just got powered up via linking, and the way Cell words it, it sounds like he's stronger after the linking is over.
TobyS wrote:I guess it's complicated with the whole 3 slightly different storylines thing....

In the last one, doesn't good 21 need to sacrifice herself to beat evil 21 implying that all the other fighters combined are still weaker?

Although she also does it because she thinks she will go evil eventually too...
She probably would since her evil side emerged because of her hunger to begin with.
Did she lose any power splitting in two halves like buu did?
She probably did, but up until that point she wasn't fighting or eating, so it's likely she wasn't that strong, and after separating she immediately ate Cell and went after the clones, so the separation probably didn't get in her way at all.
I guess weaker than the combined post U6 cast initially, hence the need of the rays, and requiring a team up of the post U6 cast to beat her once she's eaten a load of clones and the rays shut off....
Her power level varies per route, in the Goku arc she ate all the villains but supposedly not many of the clones, so she was strong but still possible to handle her even while everyone is weaker, in the villains arc, they go around destroying the clones, and when she finds the characters, she's starving and pissed, in the Androids arc, she's at her strongest, since she went around eating clones, and at the very least Goku's power is back to normal before they went to face her, and Vegeta still says they need to get even stronger than that to beat her, so they probably got even stronger, and even so, everyone together weren't really able to do so because of her healing.

So basicaly it's hard to tell, but I doubt she could measure up to Goku and Vegeta before the waves thing, she'd have no reason to make them to begin with if she could, but after that she potentialy can if she eats enough clones as the Androids arc shows.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm ready for season 2 to be announced. Hope there are some good selections.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I'm ready for season 2 to be announced. Hope there are some good selections.
while I dont expect him, I would really like to see Raditz in this game. After that, Super content (Jiren, Kefla) Movie villains (Janemba, Bojack) and GT content (Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Baby Vegeta, Omega Shenron)

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Bojack with his henchmen as assists would be dope.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Bojack would be cool, but I dont know about how to implement an entire moveset to him without forcing his minions into it which would be a weird thing to see him with.

However, using Zangya as a level 3 super counter attack would be so hilarious and I would love to see that.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."