"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

THEGOKU
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Fighters" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:24 pm

This game has a huge opportunity to have a great roster with lots of depth. And given that fans have been wanting something like this for years it only makes sense to get it now with even more characters from the two tournament arcs from Super. As long as the fighting is balance and the online is great I think this will be a very successful game.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Fighters" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Kanassa wrote:

Not really much information to get excited about
2D Fighting game, in the vein of MvC, made by ArcSystem Works, for the current gen consoles. For some, me included, that is enough to get excited about.

Let's hope that it's actually a full traditional fighter and not something like Extreme Butouden and that it takes a page from both Guilty Gear and Blazblue on its single player content.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Any chance we'll see more at E3?

Btw theres already a subreddit for the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonBallFighters/

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm super excited, especially that the game will be released on PC. Xenoverse proved that it's worth it. Give me the pre-order already.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Spenzer wrote:Any chance we'll see more at E3?

Btw theres already a subreddit for the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonBallFighters/
The announcement was supposed to come on Monday, which is during E3, so yeah, we'll probably get a trailer then.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Very interesting, not a fan of the 2D fighting style in dragon ball games but if somehow the roster is huge like Tenkaichi 3 sized with a mix of characters from Heroes they will definetly have my attention, the last game they did like this was Extreme Butoden on the 3DS and the roster was really tiny and they put characters from Heroes like Broly and Gohan SS4 only for them to be relegated as support only characters, so not expecting much out of this but we'll see.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Spenzer wrote:Any chance we'll see more at E3?

The announcement was supposed to come on Monday, which is during E3, so yeah, we'll probably get a trailer then.
You think we could get something earlier then Monday? Maybe this weekend?

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Very interesting, not a fan of the 2D fighting style in dragon ball games but if somehow the roster is huge like Tenkaichi 3 sized with a mix of characters from Heroes they will definetly have my attention, the last game they did like this was Extreme Butoden on the 3DS and the roster was really tiny and they put characters from Heroes like Broly and Gohan SS4 only for them to be relegated as support only characters, so not expecting much out of this but we'll see.
Not going to happen, this is an ArcSystems fighting game after all. The roster will probably be 26-40 characters.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:Very interesting, not a fan of the 2D fighting style in dragon ball games but if somehow the roster is huge like Tenkaichi 3 sized with a mix of characters from Heroes they will definetly have my attention, the last game they did like this was Extreme Butoden on the 3DS and the roster was really tiny and they put characters from Heroes like Broly and Gohan SS4 only for them to be relegated as support only characters, so not expecting much out of this but we'll see.
Not going to happen, this is an ArcSystems fighting game after all. The roster will probably be 26-40 characters.
Since they are starting from scratch the roster will probably be fewer than 26.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:40 pm

I would be happy with 30 characters in the game. If people want a big size selection of characters, go play Xenoverse.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Finally a fighting game made by someone besides Dimps or Spike

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:59 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
Since they are starting from scratch the roster will probably be fewer than 26.
Welp there goes what little interest i had then, good to know i have nothing to look foward to until Xenoverse 3.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Hmm I'm surprised really. With the success of Xenoverse I was thinking they wouldn't feel the need to milk the series as much.

A 2.5D game might be alright as the actual fighting in Xenoverse is terrible. Hopefully they make something akin to Tekken.

Seems like it could be a spiritual successor to Burst Limit or Budokai.

I bet it'll be another Raditz to Buu thing yet again though.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Bullza wrote:Hmm I'm surprised really. With the success of Xenoverse I was thinking they wouldn't feel the need to milk the series as much.

A 2.5D game might be alright as the actual fighting in Xenoverse is terrible. Hopefully they make something akin to Tekken.

Seems like it could be a spiritual successor to Burst Limit or Budokai.

I bet it'll be another Raditz to Buu thing yet again though.
Everything points out to it being a full traditional Marvel vs Capcom styled fighting game with ArcSystem Works' usual charm. Expect air-dashes, long combos with the usual combo breaker, flashy supers with rave-inducing background and a metal soundtrack.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:08 pm

A 2.5/2D Dragon Ball fighting game!? Developed by Arc System!?

TAKE. MY. FUCKING. MONEY.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 pm

I feel like we will get Super characters since Super is a hot thing at the moment. I feel like the major ones like Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Zamasu and Black are very likely to show up.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I feel like we will get Super characters since Super is a hot thing at the moment. I feel like the major ones like Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Zamasu and Black are very likely to show up.
Considering how much money Super is making, characters like those are bound to show up.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Bullza wrote:Hmm I'm surprised really. With the success of Xenoverse I was thinking they wouldn't feel the need to milk the series as much.
The success of Xenoverse allows them to do other games between Xenoverse releases instead of rushing out a new Xenoverse every year.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:31 pm

I don't mind this game having small roster and/or going from Raditz to Buu if it is just a lead-up to Xenoverse 3. I see it as being "hey, I'm just here to give Dimps more time to develop Xenoverse 3. I'll be fun but I'll leave all the interesting and new stuff to the next game!". :P After all, if the next Dragon Ball games return to the "Raditz to Buu without anything new" era it'll be a nightmare...

That being said, it is cool to have that style of game for now, so people can stop crying for this genre while at the same it prepares for XV3.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I feel like we will get Super characters since Super is a hot thing at the moment. I feel like the major ones like Beerus, Golden Freeza, Hit, Zamasu and Black are very likely to show up.
Well it's not called "Dragon Ball Z Fighters" :p