"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meito

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Meito » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:30 am

Chuquita wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:03 pm I'd still like to see a playable Bulma piloting a mech, or maybe 23rd tournament Chi-Chi with the bansho fan like in Super dbz.

Tao could be interesting (but would it be the original or after he became a cyborg?).
Me too. Now that Muten Roshi came out I'd really love seeing Mr. Satan as well, with its weird named moves.

But I guess Omega Shenron is more requested since there is only one character from GT.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Do this game has plans for a sequel?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:24 am

Noah wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:29 pm Do this game has plans for a sequel?
Nope. They're still on season 3 and the next big game ArcSys have coming is Guilty Gear Strive.

It was a massive success, I'm sure they'll bring out another one in a few years time.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:36 am

Baby is the next DLC character.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:36 am Baby is the next DLC character.
Whaaaaaaaaat?! No way, need to see the screenshots and info and everything :lol:
Wait, why? I was so looking forward to Li Shenlong!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:24 am

Yo, that's a pleasant surprise! I wanted a GT villain, I was expecting Shenron but we got the better one instead.

Also, apparently he can call in KO'd allies as assists somehow, and he has an Oozaru transformation move. That's cool. After Base Vegeta missed out, it'll be nice to finally see that in the game.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:34 am

I'm betting Omega comes right after Baby

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:55 am

But anyway, even tough Baby is unexpected, I loved his design since being a kid and I can see Arc Sys making him really enjoyable to play with and I can't wait for the interactions and dialogues he will have. Aside from them being really great in designing the characters and being the best at adapting the source material so far. For me FighterZ is the best adapted videogame in DB franchise ever still.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:33 am

I never considered baby vegeta because the ozaru seemed impossible to add to the game ... but in the end at least I am happy that they did not use the same repeated movements of vegeta

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:38 am

:wtf:
mute_proxy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:34 am I'm betting Omega comes right after Baby
I hope so, I wanted Omega and Majin Vegeta but I will be happy if at least we get Omega

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:34 am

probably postpone omega for another season like they did kefla

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 pm

Fortunately, Baby probably includes a Dramatic Finish with GT Goku: he will turn Super Saiyan 4 and throw Baby into the sun with a Kame Hame Ha, that's for sure.

I know you might think that it's repetitive after another Dramatic Finish sending Broly into the sun with a big blast, but I guess you could say the same with the potential Genki Dama against Yi Shenron when there's already a Genki Dama against Boo.

I can't believe that they'd skip the final GT villain and final GT victory, so I agree with some of you guys that Yi Shenron is probably coming later (in this season or the next one). I don't think we "lose" Yi Shenron in favor of Baby, we'll probably have both in due time, both with a Dramatic Finish.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Scans.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Chuquita wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:03 pm I'd still like to see a playable Bulma piloting a mech, or maybe 23rd tournament Chi-Chi with the bansho fan like in Super dbz.

Tao could be interesting (but would it be the original or after he became a cyborg?).
The producer already deconfirmed Tao so it wouldn't really matter.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:30 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 pm Fortunately, Baby probably includes a Dramatic Finish with GT Goku: he will turn Super Saiyan 4 and throw Baby into the sun with a Kame Hame Ha, that's for sure.

I know you might think that it's repetitive after another Dramatic Finish sending Broly into the sun with a big blast, but I guess you could say the same with the potential Genki Dama against Yi Shenron when there's already a Genki Dama against Boo.

I can't believe that they'd skip the final GT villain and final GT victory, so I agree with some of you guys that Yi Shenron is probably coming later (in this season or the next one). I don't think we "lose" Yi Shenron in favor of Baby, we'll probably have both in due time, both with a Dramatic Finish.
If Omega isn't next, then if he is ever added he will probably come with Gogeta SSJ4, that's my guess.
Speaking of dramatic finish, they would need to make his spaceship as well as his final form outside of Vegeta's body, perhaps even regular GT Vegeta lying on ground. Sounds like a lot of work but seeing their attention to details it's not impossible.
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:14 pm Scans.
So he seems to attack with Super Galick Gun in Oozaru form which makes sense but i wish he would come with Revenge Death Ball Final
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:15 pm

It's great that he'll be able to go Ohzaru. But I'm still unhappy with SS4 Goku being an install of Chibi Goku.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:21 pm

You can expect special dialogues with Vegeta (who will not be too happy to see a version of him that had his body stolen by a parasite) and Goku Black (who will probably discuss or mock the interest of taking over Vegeta's body instead of Goku's).

Perhaps Zamasu too, who might have his word to say about a being choosing to take over a Saiyan's body.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 pm

We were so focused on Omega Shenron next that Baby seems like a big surprise.

GT is a series that doesn't incite much interest in me so the reveal is pretty meh.
Still I will give him a chance, they seem to be going for some uniqueness.

Also 6 million copies sold! I think it's only behind Mortal Kombat, Smash Ultimate and maybe Tekken in the fighting games category.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:21 pm You can expect special dialogues with Vegeta (who will not be too happy to see a version of him that had his body stolen by a parasite) and Goku Black (who will probably discuss or mock the interest of taking over Vegeta's body instead of Goku's).

Perhaps Zamasu too, who might have his word to say about a being choosing to take over a Saiyan's body.
That would be fun. Like that Top Gear quote- why drive around in Buzz Aldrin when you could have Neil Armstrong?

There’s still one slot left for season 3 and I think Omega is a very likely candidate to fill it. It makes sense, him being the original final boss of the series would be a good note to end on, especially if this ends up being the final season.

SS4 Gogeta ain’t happening though. If they wanted to include him, they wouldn’t have given his moves (all three of them) to Blue Gogeta.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:49 pm

I definitely was not expecting Baby to be the next character. I thought for sure it’d be Yi Xing Long/Omega Shenron. I thought he would’ve had the potential for a more unique moveset. Plus, he’s usually the default villain from GT in Dragon Ball fighters, outside of the first Tenkaichi game.

I hope they give him some unique dialogue with Goku Black and Zamasu.