"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:They shipped out that many copies. Meaning sent them out to distributors (stores.) Just because theres 1000 copies at the store, doesnt mean they're all bought.
Oh thanks man!
Grimlock wrote:
To ship - verb:
• To send something, usually a large object or a large quantity of objects or people, to a place far away: We ship books out to New York every month.
Sale - noun:
• An act of exchanging something for money: The sale of cigarettes/alcohol is forbidden.

To send something somewhere (to ship, to export) does not equal to sales, it does not mean X number of people is buying/bought/will buy that X number of the quantity exported.
You didn't need to over elaborate like this, I'm not retarded
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:31 pm

I... I... :? Well, what can I say? :roll:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Xehanort wrote:
Well that's surprisingly low :o
That's higher than what Xenoverse and most other DB games sale within the first week.

TheSonofKakarrot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSonofKakarrot » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Is it true the subtitles for what they are saying in Japanese are not accurate? If so what the heck is the point of having subtitles then?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 am

TheSonofKakarrot wrote:Is it true the subtitles for what they are saying in Japanese are not accurate? If so what the heck is the point of having subtitles then?
So you can see what they're not saying.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am

The S wrote:
TheSonofKakarrot wrote:Is it true the subtitles for what they are saying in Japanese are not accurate? If so what the heck is the point of having subtitles then?
So you can see what they're not saying.
Most games have sadly had inaccurate subtitles since budokai 1.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 am

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am

I hate how sabat “mondo cooled” up the dialogue. Shows after all these years they still can't fucking leave DB alone without corney Americanising bullshit.

Usually I say 'live and let live, the dub doesn't effect the sub, let the savages enjoy their dub, more power to 'em."

But why as an English db nerd, when I'm trynna play my little nerdy Japanese stories do I have some random ass American messing with it when I never asked him to.

I've already beat the story mode and stopped playing this game but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I know I'm probably overacting but it just feels so presumptuous...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:00 am

So for the anison pack, specifically the track A New Hero Is Born. Does this version contain M1625-2? For the BGM collection the same track with that titles has 4 tracks in it, M1628D, M1625-2, M1529B and M1606. I mainly ask cause I associate M1625-2 with Gotenks and it's his theme for me, so as a Gotenks main if I can get that song in the game I may pick up the song pack.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm

TobyS wrote: let the savages enjoy their dub more power to em.
Excuse me?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:03 pm

TobyS wrote:I hate how sabat “mondo cooled” up the dialogue. Shows after all these years they still can't fucking leave DB alone without corney Americanising bullshit.
Like how?

by Doctor.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:47 pm

So this has been found in the game files, which means we might see alternate costumes in the future. If that happens, what costumes would you guys like to see?
I will make a list:

[spoiler]SSJ Goku - Shirtless
SSJ Vegeta - Buu arc
SSJ2 Gohan - Movie 9
SSJ Trunks - Super's outfit
Adult Gohan - Tracksuit
Piccolo - Cape
SSGSS Goku - RoF gi
SSGSS Vegeta - RoF armor
Krillin - BoG outfit with hair
Yamcha - BoG outfit
Tenshinan - Saiyan arc gi
Android 18 - Tracksuit
Beerus - Pajama
Freeza - Mecha Freeza
Cell - 1st or 2nd form
Android 21 - Her normal outfit
Black Goku - Zamasu clothes
Nappa - No armor
Ginyu - Goku's gi
Gotenks - Normal/SSJ form

Android 16, Hit and Kid Buu are missing as I have no idea about what alternate costumes they could give them.[/spoiler]
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 pm

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/dragon-ball ... wo-million

That also still doesn't mean the game sold 2 million copies, right?

by Doctor.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:57 pm

That's the exact same story as before from over a week ago now (story posted 1/31 in the west, linking to a Japanese press release dated 2/1 in Japan time zone). Nothing new there.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:57 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
TobyS wrote: let the savages enjoy their dub more power to em.
Excuse me?
Yeah, as much as I agree with the general sentiment and frustration of your post, TobyS, let's not try to get personal or insulting, please.
emperior wrote:So this has been found in the game files, which means we might see alternate costumes in the future. If that happens, what costumes would you guys like to see?
Hmmm, let me brainstorm this on the go here...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Three weeks on from launch and the player base has certainly gone down. I guess that's inevitable with fighting games as the casuals leave, but as someone who is only casual in skill level but wants to keep playing, it's getting quite hard to find ranked matches.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:14 pm

TobyS wrote:I hate how sabat “mondo cooled” up the dialogue. Shows after all these years they still can't fucking leave DB alone without corney Americanising bullshit.

Usually I say 'live and let live, the dub doesn't effect the sub, let the savages enjoy their dub, more power to 'em."

But why as an English db nerd, when I'm trynna play my little nerdy Japanese stories do I have some random ass American messing with it when I never asked him to.

I've already beat the story mode and stopped playing this game but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I know I'm probably overreacting but it just feels so presumptuous...
Do you actually watch the newer dubs, even out of curiosity? Outside of some minor script revisions (mostly just changing the orders of things being said, or using a thesaurus, or extending things a bit to match the lip-flaps, or keeping pronunciations or attack names that are ingrained in the dubs at this point), they don't really do serious Americanizing of the shows anymore. Ever since Kai started, the dubs have been really faithful to the Japanese. Even in some scenes where they kind of alter the dialogue, it's dialogue that actually keeps within the characters and/or the series they're dubbing. The games have been done this way for years now, since they've always had more direct translations of the Japanese scripts for them. Even one of their earliest game dubs, like Budokai 1's, had pretty good scripts for the cutscenes in-game than the Z dub ever got because they didn't have to deal with broadcast standards or stupid script writers.

And, I know it's the instinct of every sub fan to hate the dubs of their favorite shows out of principle, but to say the dub is still doing things they were 20 years ago is really doing a disservice to the current dub team.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Scsigs wrote:Do you actually watch the newer dubs, even out of curiosity? Outside of some minor script revisions (mostly just changing the orders of things being said, or using a thesaurus, or extending things a bit to match the lip-flaps, or keeping pronunciations or attack names that are ingrained in the dubs at this point), they don't really do serious Americanizing of the shows anymore. Ever since Kai started, the dubs have been really faithful to the Japanese. Even in some scenes where they kind of alter the dialogue, it's dialogue that actually keeps within the characters and/or the series they're dubbing. The games have been done this way for years now, since they've always had more direct translations of the Japanese scripts for them. Even one of their earliest game dubs, like Budokai 1's, had pretty good scripts for the cutscenes in-game than the Z dub ever got because they didn't have to deal with broadcast standards or stupid script writers.

And, I know it's the instinct of every sub fan to hate the dubs of their favorite shows out of principle, but to say the dub is still doing things they were 20 years ago is really doing a disservice to the current dub team.
Calling it "Americanization" is certainly the wrong phrase but the dub script is clearly punched up. Lots of lines are changed for no real reason like Piccolo insulting Yamcha about his love life to just about every line from Cell. There's a clear drop in accuracy when it comes to Dragon Ball dubs post Kai (I'd even argue post-Freeza arc).

Are they all basically right? Sure. They're far better than the older dubs FUNimation put out for the series. But that's a very low bar. I thought FUNimation was above this by now. I have to guess that most of the script writers around Kai left for other projects.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Speaking of translation. The game is translated to my native language from English (it's cheaper), and they a little altered translation too =_=

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:27 pm

emperior wrote:Image
So this has been found in the game files, which means we might see alternate costumes in the future. If that happens, what costumes would you guys like to see?
I will make a list:

[spoiler]SSJ Goku - Shirtless
SSJ Vegeta - Buu arc
SSJ2 Gohan - Movie 9
SSJ Trunks - Super's outfit
Adult Gohan - Tracksuit
Piccolo - Cape
SSGSS Goku - RoF gi
SSGSS Vegeta - RoF armor
Krillin - BoG outfit with hair
Yamcha - BoG outfit
Tenshinan - Saiyan arc gi
Android 18 - Tracksuit
Beerus - Pajama
Freeza - Mecha Freeza
Cell - 1st or 2nd form
Android 21 - Her normal outfit
Black Goku - Zamasu clothes
Nappa - No armor
Ginyu - Goku's gi
Gotenks - Normal/SSJ form

Android 16, Hit and Kid Buu are missing as I have no idea about what alternate costumes they could give them.[/spoiler]
Need Kuririn's and Tenshinhan's (and Chaozu?) android Gi:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Gohan's training GI:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Young Gohan's Bojack Gi:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]