"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meito

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Meito » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:13 am

The S wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:30 pm I know people wanted her but everyone thought maybe it'd be a premium costume of some sort. Or less. Her model's already in the game. Maybe she fights with more science stuff and less copy attacks but shoot, this feels almost like it's out of desperation.
I secretely wanted her, and I'm glad she made the cut :) And she doesn't have a tail, so by necessity its moveset will be different.

Anyway, I don't think it's a coincidence that she came out in this period: she's an artificial human, as well as Ganma 1 & 2. I have a feeling that there will be some sort of connection between her, Dr. Hedo and the Red Ribbon (maybe even just a reference, but still).

With this in mind, one could think of a new sesason pass themed around the new movie coming out. I would be so happy to see Pan!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:42 pm

I thought it ended with Gogeta, but I guess not. Curious to see if we get a whole new season.

On another note, I'm really surprised we never got a new stage since the space arena.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:51 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:43 pm
The S wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:57 am They tryin'a compete with Xenoverse 2 for most redundant/useless DLC characters
I'm with you there... don't think anyone asked for this. FighterZ does a decent job with making characters feel different though. Characters like Dabura or Tapion or Tao would've made my day.
Tao was deconfirmed to be in the game at any point way early on by Tomoko Hiroki

Dabura maybe since he was in the 2nd tier on the poll of who should be in the game next. Tapion was lower than that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:16 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:01 pm Don't know what's more surprising - Getting Android 21 base form after all these years or end up never getting new stages.
Funny how Legends got that one first.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:06 am

Android 20 just came out. Anyone here excited?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:12 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:06 am Android 20 just came out. Anyone here excited?
What are you talking about

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:55 am

Noah wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:16 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:01 pm Don't know what's more surprising - Getting Android 21 base form after all these years or end up never getting new stages.
Funny how Legends got that one first.
And Xenoverse, where she uses the attacks from her Majin form in FighterZ.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:02 am

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:12 am
Seekeroftruth wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:06 am Android 21 just came out. Anyone here excited?
https://youtu.be/IF7ErPxm84Y

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:57 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:02 am
mute_proxy wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:12 am
Seekeroftruth wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:06 am Android 20 just came out. Anyone here excited?
https://youtu.be/IF7ErPxm84Y
People already discussed that one, I thought you meant Doctor Gero when you said Android 20

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:10 pm

I think they should add Super manga content even if the stuff hasn't been adapted yet. People can learn about this stuff via Google search. This isn't the 90s anymore where some people had to worry about spoilers being added into a game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:22 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:10 pm I think they should add Super manga content even if the stuff hasn't been adapted yet. People can learn about this stuff via Google search. This isn't the 90s anymore where some people had to worry about spoilers being added into a game.
These characters don't even have merchandise, if they were to be added in games I think first the rule of "no-manga-content-outside-of-manga" would have to be lifted by whoever put it in the first place :problem:

So if we saw a Moro figure releasing we could have hopes for his character being added to the games next.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:02 pm

If they're going down the reusing assets route, what other NPCs or non-playable transformations could we possibly see? Of course I'd prefer to see fully fledged new characters, but if this is the way it's going, we could still see some interesting additions. If this is the case, I sure hope none of it is fully priced...

Whis is the first that springs to mind, he has great moveset potential. Maybe we could get Goten, Caulifla, Super Saiyan 4 Goku... who else? Most of them would be pretty redundant but you can't get much more redundant than Android #21 in the lab coat, so I guess anything's possible.

I would have been slightly more excited if we got #21's humanoid form WITHOUT the lab coat. That was Toriyama's original design for the character but she's never seen without the lab coat in-game, and it looks cute as hell.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:02 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:02 pm If they're going down the reusing assets route, what other NPCs or non-playable transformations could we possibly see? Of course I'd prefer to see fully fledged new characters, but if this is the way it's going, we could still see some interesting additions. If this is the case, I sure hope none of it is fully priced...

Whis is the first that springs to mind, he has great moveset potential. Maybe we could get Goten, Caulifla, Super Saiyan 4 Goku... who else? Most of them would be pretty redundant but you can't get much more redundant than Android #21 in the lab coat, so I guess anything's possible.

I would have been slightly more excited if we got #21's humanoid form WITHOUT the lab coat. That was Toriyama's original design for the character but she's never seen without the lab coat in-game, and it looks cute as hell.
I am very surprised we never got good 21 since she was also playable in story mode.
I believe there were voice clips for SSJ Goku 4 in the game files.
"Easy" alternate colors would be Trunks with blue hair, or more manga shaded characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:45 am

A season 4 is likely to come in 2022

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIL6L42WQAM ... ame=medium

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:41 pm

Gt91 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:45 am A season 4 is likely to come in 2022

If there's a season 4 for FighterZ, I hope we get some actual original Dragon Ball reps. I'd love to see Chi-Chi and/or King Piccolo make it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:29 am

We don’t need a Season 4 we need a MAJOR Rollback netcode update or a sequel with it should be the only things being asked for. The sales more than warrant it for a 1st time game.

the games player base is dying hard on steam and if another anime series gets the arcsys treatment this game is finished.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:34 am

Bandai Namco are good about getting money, not good about spending it to get even more money. Xenoverse 2 is up to year 5 now? When all these updates could have been rolled into Xenoverse 3? And you don't have to just keep your eyes on their Dragonball properties. Tekken 7 made bank...no rollback.

Only other option, in some weird cosmic chase: Someone wants to turn Fighterz into this gen's MvC2, which...well Dragonball is just as beloved as the Marvel and Capcom properties, if not more so in the world. It has accessibility for casuals normally only interested in the series, some of which have gone far in the game beyond casual play, the successes from Fighterz pretty much led to why there's been so many new fighting games not only in 2021 but also 2022. And lastly, every major update changes the game even further. S1 looks and plays absolutely nothing like S3. If they patch in rollback, and patch in crossplay, and tweak things even further gameplay wise, then imho, legacy over sequel. They'll re-release Fighterz on Next Gen and continue patching for small changes.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:32 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:41 pm
Gt91 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:45 am A season 4 is likely to come in 2022

If there's a season 4 for FighterZ, I hope we get some actual original Dragon Ball reps. I'd love to see Chi-Chi and/or King Piccolo make it.
King Piccolo would be interesting but I'd pass on Chi-Chi. KP could use his "children" kind of like how the Ginyu Force works.
I don't think there are many other OG DB characters that would be really interesting in this game.

I myself am actually quite satisfied with the overall roster. I would perhaps like Super 17 (love that design) and SSJ4 Goku but if they don't happen I won't lose any sleep over it.

Meito

Post by Meito » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:36 am

New preview scan from latest VJump about Android 21 in lab coat:
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1483 ... 77252?s=20

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:12 pm

if it wasn't for the PS2 game Super Dragon Ball Z, I'd probably pass on Chi Chi, but she was really solid in that game. She'd be a great addition in Fighterz. And of course King Piccolo, but what I would really like to show up in a season 4 patch is Kid Gohan. They could give him a rage mechanic that happens if he's tagged in after his ally is defeated, like the sparking blast except shorter, though like Golden Freeza, you could activate sparking blast and have the rage boost combined with it for awhile.