"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by NickLord » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:18 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:59 pm
NickLord wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm - Current Vegito should be waayyyy above Merged Zamasu by now, since Vegito = Gogeta.

- Normal SSB Vegeta in ep.122 alone was able to create a Final Flash more powerful than the U7 Spirit Bomb, which is said to be equal to SSJ1 Kefla in power. Based on that and their increases in power since the Moro arc, Normal SSB Goku & Vegeta should be above Kefla by now.

- According to the actual writer and director of the 13 Z movies (Koyama), Z Broly was written to be the strongest character in the whole franchise prior to Battle of Gods (the whole thing about each movie villain being stronger than the last is a fandom myth), and he has feats to back it up like him wiping out a quarter of the mortal universe without using his LSSJ form. He ain't just Cell level lol.

- Good Buu in the ToP anime was able to put pressure on Goku (who should be way above his BoG arc self) while they were sparring before the ToP started.

- Based on feats, both Krillin & Roshi are way above Super Perfect Cell since the ToP anime.
This sounds like a conversation for another thread, so I'll be brief:

-Nobody talks about Vegito Blue with current hypothetical Vegito Blue in mind, if you include him you are talking about the existing FT arc iteration, otherwise there's no need to include him, you already have Gogeta to represent him.

- So, it's the most current version of each character. In the manga they were already on that level or above her during the ToP.

- That's useless commentary, he was not portrayed to be stronger than the guy who beat him at that moment. So, too bad for Koyama, should've written a whole different movie to back up his claims.
Z Broly is what we saw, below a friendship-aided SS from the Cell arc. And not even strong enough to overpower SS Goku, SS Gohan and SS Goten from early Buu saga, no matter how many galaxies he blew up. Majin Vegeta kills him.

- Buu fought base Goku, he was not above SSG Goku lol. Anime filler scaling goes out the window when the real arcs land.

-Mm what? god no.
- The Z movies do not have the same power levels and scaling as Canon Z, this has been shown numerous times and even Toriyama himself pointed that out. Like in Tree of Might which takes place during the late Saiyan saga where Base Goku had a PL of over 8,000 and could use Kaioken x4 for a only a few seconds, yet in the movie Base Goku had a PL of 30,000 and could use Kaioken x10 without any problems.

Feats matter, Cell in his prime could only blow up a Solar System and the SSJ2 level characters of the Buu arc are only a little stronger than Cell. The fact that Z Broly even before unlocking LSSJ could wipe out a quarter of the whole universe in a short period of time logically means that Z Broly solos the Buu saga. Since Koyama is the actual maker of the movies his opinions and scaling have more weight than anyone else.

- There's no such thing as "filler" in Super, since the Super Anime an adaptation of any previous work. So what happens happened whether you liked it or not.

Base Goku & Vegeta after BoG > SSG Goku in BoG, and Fit Buu could put pressure on ToP arc Base Goku.

- Literally everyone in the ToP is stronger than Perfect Cell, both manga and anime. If Roshi, Krillin and Tien were still only as strong as they were in Z during the ToP arc they would have never been considered for the tournament at all. No amount of "skill" can overcome a power gap that massive.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:03 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:33 pm Dragon Ball FighterZ World Cup Finals indefinetely postponed due to Covid-19.
Damn you, Corona.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:12 am

After the reveal of Lab Coat 21, do y'all think we'll be getting a season 4 pass?

I think it may or may not happen but if it does, won't be as big as the previous three seasons.

It may capitalize on the upcoming movie by including its version of Pan and/or the main villains (Gamma 1 & 2).

Here's what I believe we'll get:
  • Character select screen update
  • A new stage
  • A few simple alternate costumes like SSJ Goku (w/o Kanji), armorless SSJ Vegeta, and short hair Yamcha
  • New stamps
  • 3 New Characters:

Pan (hero)
21 (Lab Coat) (villain)
Gamma 1 & 2 (villain)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:58 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:12 am Pan (hero)
I can't imagine them adding a 3 year old as a playable character :lol:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:16 pm

I have a feeling this'll be a one off character.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:53 pm

I think we'll get a short season pass. Leaning on the movie for characters. Think these are buffers to fill time until FighterZ 2.
Covid and maybe changing the netcode for rollback might have delayed FighterZ 2(if it's in the works).

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:31 pm

LightBing wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:50 am
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm Covid-19 has really screwed over the entire FGC
It's probably a net positive since without it, Japanese companies wouldn't have been forced to put rollback in their games.

It pretty much guarantees DBFZ2 will have rollback, that's pretty huge.
I don't think Covid had that much to do with it. Most japanese fighting game devs live in Japan. Which never saw a decline in the arcade scene. They've been running steadily for four decades. Covid definitely affected arcades. Can't say for sure how much this bled over to consoes, though. They didn't seem to care much about console netsode back when, do they suddenly care now? Or, will they stop caring when things go back?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:25 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:31 pm
LightBing wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:50 am
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm Covid-19 has really screwed over the entire FGC
It's probably a net positive since without it, Japanese companies wouldn't have been forced to put rollback in their games.

It pretty much guarantees DBFZ2 will have rollback, that's pretty huge.
I don't think Covid had that much to do with it. Most japanese fighting game devs live in Japan. Which never saw a decline in the arcade scene. They've been running steadily for four decades. Covid definitely affected arcades. Can't say for sure how much this bled over to consoes, though. They didn't seem to care much about console netsode back when, do they suddenly care now? Or, will they stop caring when things go back?
With covid-19 their tournaments had to go online. Live on stream the failure of their netcode on their own events was hard to ignore.
Even pre-covid 19 there were already audible complains about their online experience.

Without covid-19 they could have kept ignoring the international audience for many more years, even with bad online people still buy their games.

ArcSys was essential by setting the example with Guilty Gear Strive, which changed it's netcode mid-development. Now rollback is the expectation; I can see games who don't keep up losing sales and receiving bad press.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:29 pm

ASW announced that BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (released in 2018) will receive Rollback Netcode in April 2022. Maybe we don't have to wait for a DBFZ sequel to have it too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:43 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:29 pm ASW announced that BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (released in 2018) will receive Rollback Netcode in April 2022. Maybe we don't have to wait for a DBFZ sequel to have it too.
It depends if Bandai is willing to pay for that amount of work on a 4 yo game. BlazBlue is developed and published by ArcSys, they can do anything with that IP, while FighterZ is published by Bandai.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:53 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:43 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:29 pm ASW announced that BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (released in 2018) will receive Rollback Netcode in April 2022. Maybe we don't have to wait for a DBFZ sequel to have it too.
It depends if Bandai is willing to pay for that amount of work on a 4 yo game. BlazBlue is developed and published by ArcSys, they can do anything with that IP, while FighterZ is published by Bandai.
If they have 100+ million to waste on some Metaverse/NFT crap. Bandai can put the money to add rollback to DBFZ/Tekken 7/ Soul Calibur

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:35 pm

Android 21 looks hype as hell, but I’m worried she might be a bit overtuned. That spinning blade attack looks like it just does everything, she can super-loop off the stomp and her level one is a fast grab that nerfs the opponents damage. That seems like too much.

That said, the attitude seems to have shifted negative. People were hoping for more, either another character announcement, a rollback update or just a straight up sequel. I agree- simply adding a new character or balance patch occasionally isn’t enough, the network issues should be the priority.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:35 pm

Android 21 looks hype as hell, but I’m worried she might be a bit overtuned. That spinning blade attack looks like it just does everything, she can super-loop off the stomp and her level one is a fast grab that nerfs the opponents damage. That seems like too much.

That said, the attitude seems to have shifted negative. People were hoping for more, either another character announcement, a rollback update or just a straight up sequel. I agree- simply adding a new character or balance patch occasionally isn’t enough, the network issues should be the priority.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:10 am

The game is pretty much done.
#21 was probably an easy way to reuse assets, making a few bucks while gaining time for a FighterZ2(if it ever comes).

I prefer it this way if a sequel is in the works. Not point having devs working on another Season which could slow down the future.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm

Wasting time and resources on that stupid DB Breakers where they could invest on a sequel to this game, it really makes me mad.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:43 am

Noah wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:30 pm Wasting time and resources on that stupid DB Breakers where they could invest on a sequel to this game, it really makes me mad.
As much as Breakers is very much not a game I'd want to play, at least it's something different.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:55 pm

It’s crazy how the people in charge of this franchise has went brain dead on what to do with it I mean we get out of the ps3 game slump & enter in the PS4 era with releases back to back games ranging from decent to great and then want to release breakers???

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:19 pm

Breakers has nothing to do with FighterZ. It doesn't impede development of FighterZ2 since it would be worked on by ArcSys not by Dimps.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Plus Breakers doesn't seem to be your typical AAA DB video game. Also, FighterZ's playerbase is dwindling (it's only a side tournament at EVO while Tekken 7 and SFV are still main events) and SFVI was just announced so it's a great time to compete.

It will probably come out 2023 or 2024.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:28 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:50 pm Plus Breakers doesn't seem to be your typical AAA DB video game. Also, FighterZ's playerbase is dwindling (it's only a side tournament at EVO while Tekken 7 and SFV are still main events) and SFVI was just announced so it's a great time to compete.

It will probably come out 2023 or 2024.
I think the player base is dwindling & it being a side event at latest EVO is due to ppl finally being fed up with poor net code