"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Tue May 03, 2022 7:52 am

Lab Coat 21 is fr being put out to pasture next patch

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue May 03, 2022 9:46 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:24 pm Bandai Namco:

"We’re currently working on the game balance update, including the “Android 21 (Lab Coat)” DLC which was released on February 24, 2022.

The details of the release time will be announced at a later date.

We hope for your continued support of DRAGON BALL FighterZ.
"
Thank God! It probably won't be in time for Combo Breaker but EVO should be saved from the #21 plague.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue May 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Not only does Lab Coat 21 need a nerf, but Z Broly and all of the Fusions except Merged Zamasu need to be nerfed too.

It makes no sense how Z Broly (the big body grappler) is the only good zoner in the game while Freeza (the intended zoner) has been consistently weak at what he's meant to do throughout the game's entire lifespan, and I don't like how 50%-70% of all online players use the Fusions, especially SSJ4 Gogeta who is by far the easiest and most brainless character in the game lol.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed May 04, 2022 3:46 am

MrGohanks wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:52 pm Not only does Lab Coat 21 need a nerf, but Z Broly and all of the Fusions except Merged Zamasu need to be nerfed too.

It makes no sense how Z Broly (the big body grappler) is the only good zoner in the game while Freeza (the intended zoner) has been consistently weak at what he's meant to do throughout the game's entire lifespan, and I don't like how 50%-70% of all online players use the Fusions, especially SSJ4 Gogeta who is by far the easiest and most brainless character in the game lol.
I think they've given up on making Freeza relevant as a zoner for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me if he was like the second character they made for this game and didn't know how superdash would affect the meta for projectile users. That's why his only beam-like special is a slow, low-travelling ball and his ground explosion barely catches anything.

Nearly all his buffs have focused on Golden Freeza since that's the only unique mechanic he has. And I get the idea, trying to make it better and better to give him a high-risk, high-reward playstyle. But that's ruined when there are characters like the fusions who can do everything he does and more without needing to spend three bars and risk being put into a crumple state. SS4 Gogeta having a free second air dash which previously only Golden Freeza had was the nail in the coffin.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:13 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:29 am EVO registration probably had something to do with the incoming nerf on LC21. i mean GBVS beat us in registration for ffs :crazy:

rollback netcode & sequel with new & good chracter designs is needed BADLY otherwise this is gonna be a flash in the pan db game when it deserves to have a series like the budokai games.
The patch seems to mainly address the balancing of Lab Cost 21. I don't see anything major happening for FighterZ.

At EVO, I believe Bandai Namco will announce FighterZ 2 and it will be released no earlier than Q1 2023.

The game has a lot of untapped potential:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2022/ ... ighterz-2/
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu May 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Does anyone feel that instead of a DBFZ2 they should just do a Shonen Jump FighterZ? Because the only thing I could see a DBFZ2 do differently is giving the cast install transformations instead of making separate forms separate characters.

I personally think that DBFZ should just get the Xenoverse 2 treatment from now on, getting occasional patches and DLC content (more characters, more single and multi-player modes, etc) as long as the game is still popular.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 05, 2022 1:20 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:00 pm Does anyone feel that instead of a DBFZ2 they should just do a Shonen Jump FighterZ? Because the only thing I could see a DBFZ2 do differently is giving the cast install transformations instead of making separate forms separate characters.

I personally think that DBFZ should just get the Xenoverse 2 treatment from now on, getting occasional patches and DLC content (more characters, more single and multi-player modes, etc) as long as the game is still popular.
A sequel is the only chance FighterZ has of being playable online. The producer has made it known they're not adding rollback netcode to the current game.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu May 05, 2022 1:23 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:00 pm Does anyone feel that instead of a DBFZ2 they should just do a Shonen Jump FighterZ? Because the only thing I could see a DBFZ2 do differently is giving the cast install transformations instead of making separate forms separate characters.

The netcode is an immediate nope and since implementing seems extremely unlikely the upgrade can only come from a sequel.

I would also enjoy a complete overhaul of the game, Arcsys seems to have learned a lot and listened to a lot of what was asked. But we're stuck with stuff like superdash for example.
FighterZ 2 can be incredible.

Plus I'm far more interested in Dragon Ball than other Jump properties, and for the most part prefer if series get their own games instead of collaborations.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 18, 2022 10:23 pm

Will we get any new DLC chars this year yet?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:00 pm

Noah wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:23 pm Will we get any new DLC chars this year yet?
Probably not. It seems like they're just supporting the game through community events and balance patches/updates for now.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:17 am

If a sequel was being made, we would hear something by now. Fighting games can still have years of people playing them without any new content. Look at the people who have been playing the same old SF games before SF4 in 2009.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:04 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:17 am If a sequel was being made, we would hear something by now. Fighting games can still have years of people playing them without any new content. Look at the people who have been playing the same old SF games before SF4 in 2009.
I think they're saving it for EVO.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am

FighterZ itself was announced in conjunction with E3 back in 2017.

Even though E3 obviously isn't a thing anymore, its carcass is still being mined for other events at the same time of year annually. FighterZ was a big enough deal that I can absolutely see a sequel being trotted out as a "main stage" (read: primary console manufacturer) event, if not something like the previously-mentioned EVO.

Definitely not just something we're going to see a random press release about in, say, some random March.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon May 30, 2022 12:30 pm

https://twitter.com/REDvsFantasy/status ... 2899933185
Bandai Namco Esports wrote: Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not allow the ban of "Android 21 (Labcoat)" DLC at both CEO and EVO 2022

More information on the upcoming game balance update soon, releasing December 2022.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:30 pm https://twitter.com/REDvsFantasy/status ... 2899933185
Bandai Namco Esports wrote: Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not allow the ban of "Android 21 (Labcoat)" DLC at both CEO and EVO 2022

More information on the upcoming game balance update soon, releasing December 2022.

EDIT: That tweet is fake... Got me I guess. Careful with that kind of stuff. :crazy:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon May 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Lab coat A21 only been out for a few months, let the community keep researching and labbing to figure out counterplay againts her before asking for balancing, that's how the Marvel (UMvC3) community has survived to this day againts its most oppressing characters.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue May 31, 2022 5:57 am

The community already did it's research and the counterplay found was to shove her in the team. There's nothing to figure out.
Combo Breaker this weekend had 19 Labcoats in the top 24.

She needs to be corrected and I hope until the patch drops she's banned from tournaments.
ArcSys probably agrees since when talks about a possible ban at Combo Breaker started, they reacted with a tweet about the patch and highlighted how Labcoat was included in it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:30 am

I can't even play online anymore, I am returning to the game just because it is Dragon Ball, looks beautiful and it's fun to play casually :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:25 pm

https://twitter.com/CEOGaming/status/15 ... elgcA&s=19
Labcoat has been banned for CEO, great news!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:52 pm

Made a concept video for King Piccolo:

https://youtu.be/EEWItUsWYwI
fadeddreams5 wrote: