"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
- We have our first "imaginary finish", showing a victory that never happened. Since it is now clear that they are okay with imagining new outcomes, this could pave the way for many more Dramatic Finishes than we could have anticipated.
Second. Yamcha killing Nappa is the first.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:21 pm

What?! :shock:
I didn't know about Yamcha winning!! I thought I had seen all Dramatic Finishes long ago! I can't believe I missed one all along!

I have to check that out by myself! Who knows if I haven't missed any Dramatic Finishes or Dramatic Preludes...
Can anyone who knows about them all and/or isn't afraid of spoilers confirm that I have the complete list now?
I put them in chronological "story order" for your convenience.

[spoiler]1 - Freezer kills Bardack
2 - WHAT IF : Bardack kills Freezer
3 - Nappa (Saibaiman) kills Yamcha
4 - WHAT IF : Yamcha kills Nappa
5 - INTRO : Krilin kills the Saibaimen
6 - INTRO : Goku turns Super Saiyan
7 - Goku "kills" Freezer
8 - Trunks kills Freezer
9 - Goku "kills" Broly
10 - INTRO : Gohan turns Super Saiyan 2
11 - Gohan kills Cell
12 - Gohan kills Broly
13 - Goku kills Majin Boo
14 - Beerus defeats Goku[/spoiler]

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Those are all so far.

With the following DLC we might also get:
[spoiler]Base Goku beating Base Vegeta - Kaioken Kamehame vs. Garlic Gun
Trunks' Sword of Hope on Merged Zamasu (the model for the sword were already datamined months ago)
Goku beating Cooler's Supernova
Base Vegeta killing Nappa

Maybe even Base Goku beating Piccolo 23th tournament style.

I don't know what they could add to Vegetto or Android 17.[/spoiler]

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Aw man, Bardock plays so good, definitely my main in this game now. Since you can air dash after the 236M (ground) with the range going over the opponent for a cross up, I can definitely see Bardock having some insane mix up potential.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:02 pm

KayDash wrote:Those are all so far.

With the following DLC we might also get:
[spoiler]Base Goku beating Base Vegeta - Kaioken Kamehame vs. Garlic Gun
Trunks' Sword of Hope on Merged Zamasu (the model for the sword were already datamined months ago)
Goku beating Cooler's Supernova
Base Vegeta killing Nappa

Maybe even Base Goku beating Piccolo 23th tournament style.

I don't know what they could add to Vegetto or Android 17.[/spoiler]
Thanks for the answer and the info!

I think that what they did with Bardack and Broly indicates that they plan to give two scenes to each new character. And Dramatic Finishes so far seem to prove that they can go the "what if he had the right reaction?" or "what if that attack did succeed?" routes.
Which means...

[spoiler]Vegetto will likely have one scene where he does vaporize Boo as he threatened, and one where he does finish Zamazu with the Big Bang Kame Hame Ha.
But for C-17, what they could come up with is a damn good question. Perhaps inventing from scratch a scene where he defeats Cell? Or cover a scene where he defeats Piccolo and Ten Shin Han?[/spoiler]

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Playing with Bardock feels amazing, even tho he has basically no ki blast attacks. I am not that good with Broly. I probably gotta play more with him to get used to his style of play.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Bardock is awesome to play as....Broly though.....eh....not feeling him right now.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Damn, Broly's theme in this game is hardcore godlike while Bardock's is cool, brings me some "Solid Scouter" vibes.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 pm

That Bardock what-if finisher is pure fanservice, but damn if it doesn't look cool! I'm surprised how much care they are putting in this DLC characters.
Nowadays almost everyone I fought against were using Bardock or Broly, if not both. I will try them for free by using Ginyu's Body Change. :P

I wasn't expecting the DLC characters avatar to appear in the character selection menu for those that didn't bought them. Smart teasing.

So far my favourite dramatic finisher is Goku vs Broly.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Guess the DLC pack will be worth it after all. Speaking of, how is the online these days? I know they said there's going to be at least one more patch

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:52 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Guess the DLC pack will be worth it after all. Speaking of, how is the online these days? I know they said there's going to be at least one more patch
Ring matches and arena matches haven't had a problem connecting to them at all since the patches, which was my main issue with the online. Matches haven't dropped nearly as much as before, so overall I'd say it's a lot better (I'm speaking in regards to the PS4 version, have no idea about the XBO or PC version)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:01 pm

To all Bardock users on here, I'm having an issue with Bardock's 236S. I can use it in the corner after a 5H but is there any other ways they found the move useful? Is it best for blockstrings, oki, or just mainly for corner combos?

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:07 am

Logania wrote:To all Bardock users on here, I'm having an issue with Bardock's 236S. I can use it in the corner after a 5H but is there any other ways they found the move useful? Is it best for blockstrings, oki, or just mainly for corner combos?
I believe it can be used while the opponent is getting hit by Vegeta's assist. And if you do Bardock's combo challenge 10 you'll see it can be followed up with 236H and its extension and then a vanish for a wall bound which can be followed up with 2M into 214L into a super. That would be using 3 bars of metre though, and 5 if you end with level 3.

FutureTrunks

Post by FutureTrunks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:04 pm

I love this game so much, been trying to play it when I can!
-Mark

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:16 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I believe it can be used while the opponent is getting hit by Vegeta's assist. And if you do Bardock's combo challenge 10 you'll see it can be followed up with 236H and its extension and then a vanish for a wall bound which can be followed up with 2M into 214L into a super. That would be using 3 bars of metre though, and 5 if you end with level 3.
Waaaaaay too much meter for that combo for so little damage for my taste lol

I'm not ready for the dark side yet by using Vegeta as an assist. I've just been mainly using it full charged after a knockdown as it's plus on block i found out and it can be linked with assists for quick mix-ups.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:01 pm

I imagine Vegito would have a dramatic finish against Zamasu.

17 could have one against SSB Goku, Piccolo, or even Adult Gohan.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Haven’t played the game in awhile but is the “No Rooms Found” bug fixed yet for ring matches? Pretty ridiculous that I was only able to play with my friends literally once because of this bug.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 am

Asura wrote:Haven’t played the game in awhile but is the “No Rooms Found” bug fixed yet for ring matches? Pretty ridiculous that I was only able to play with my friends literally once because of this bug.
I haven't seen it since the 2nd patch at the beginning of March. Xbox has even added an Invite feature in the Ring Match menu, for some reason it's not on PS4 but we can assume PS4 will get it too.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:31 am

Broly's super armor is getting ridiculous. His 236M tanked Teen Gohan's EX legs and Goku's Kamehameha and just wrecked my shit.

Nothing can stop his maximum power...

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

Logania wrote:Broly's super armor is getting ridiculous. His 236M tanked Teen Gohan's EX legs and Goku's Kamehameha and just wrecked my shit.

Nothing can stop his maximum power...
You can block it if your attack's recovery frames aren't too high.
My English is poor .