"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Apparently Fused Zamasu teaser coming tomorrow! (may 25th)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:11 pm

KayDash wrote:Apparently Fused Zamasu teaser coming tomorrow! (may 25th)
A trailer next month?? Damn thats a long wait...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Logania wrote:
Especially for 3.72 seconds of gameplay in the trailer...

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Logania wrote:
Ahh, okay, I'm an idiot. I ment april 25th.
So, depending on your time zone, it's today.
Here's the source: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/apr ... co-europe/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:10 am

Anyone know how much are the individual characters going to cost?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:24 am

Broli and Bardock are available for $5 individually, or as part of the $35 pass covering eight characters.

I would take that to mean all characters will be available for $5 individually (meaning you "save" $5 if you buy the pass and intend to acquire all eight characters).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am

We have the Zamasu trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4343I6el8

They did the crazy anime fusion entrance. Love it! He seems pretty cool.

There will also be a balance patch, apparently only to some characters.

https://twitter.com/notBaf0/status/989124508983414785

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:14 am

Fused Zamasu looks mindblowing. It's unbelievable:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Forgive me, but random portals (that were already used by Janemba) and Katchin blocks are not nearly as iconic and stunning as Lightning of Absolution or Divine Wrath. It seems that Grotesque Fused Zamasu will not be making an appearance. Which is absolutely fine, Halo Fused Zamasu looks way better anyway. Now I am definitely buying this game.

Also, two of Fused Zamasu' color variations are inspired by Zeno and the Grand Priest. Very, very cool!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am

That they included that hilariously fun twirling bit Gokû Black and Zamasu do before they fuse makes me so happy.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:37 pm

I don't know why I'm always excited for the terrible trailers. Those 5 seconds didn't show me anything too good except the funny intro.

Digging the Zeno colors though.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Did they make those faces in the anime?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Mugman

Post by Mugman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Zamasu looks pretty cool so far. I'm really excited to see how his flight mode works, that looks like it's a lot of fun to use.

I noticed that during the clip of his super where the red portal-like things shoot projectiles at Trunks, he's in his standing state. Looks like this'll be like Hellzone Grenade, where you can freely move around while the super is attacking the person.

Which is really, really good. Interested to see what can be done with that.
Trunks is cool!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Merged Zamasu is everything I wanted him to be!!
He may have a great assist too.

One of his alternate outfits having Zeno's colors is pretty fitting. ASW keeps doing their homework!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Excuse me, but I heard that Merged Zamasu's stats were mistakenly printed to be Broly's? Have we gotten the correct stats yet?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:53 pm

dragonballhero wrote:Excuse me, but I heard that Merged Zamasu's stats were mistakenly printed to be Broly's? Have we gotten the correct stats yet?
It was Broli's stats that were reprinted for Zamasu in V-Jump. The correct(ed) stats were listed on the official website's character page entry.
Kanzenshuu wrote:The promotion in V-Jump mistakenly reprints Broli's stats, which are corrected on the game's official website write-up: power as "S", speed as "S", reach as "A", technique as "SS", energy as "S", and ease of us as "B". With some of his special moves — such as "Absolute Thunder" and "Divine Wrath" — Merged Zamasu can move freely in the air after firing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 pm

dragonballhero wrote:Excuse me, but I heard that Merged Zamasu's stats were mistakenly printed to be Broly's? Have we gotten the correct stats yet?
Yep, here you go. I posted it a few days ago.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
It was Broli's stats that were reprinted for Zamasu in V-Jump. The correct(ed) stats were listed on the official website's character page entry.
Kanzenshuu wrote:The promotion in V-Jump mistakenly reprints Broli's stats, which are corrected on the game's official website write-up: power as "S", speed as "S", reach as "A", technique as "SS", energy as "S", and ease of us as "B". With some of his special moves — such as "Absolute Thunder" and "Divine Wrath" — Merged Zamasu can move freely in the air after firing.
Logania wrote:
Yep, here you go. I posted it a few days ago.

Ah, thank you. I was going to say that hasn't Merged Zamasu pretty much been confirmed by the "Super" staff to be hands-down THE strongest being in Super (and possibly the ENTIRE franchise outside of Omni-King and possibly the Grand Priest)?

Thus, the incorrect stats seemed really off to me, when compared to Beerus.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:52 pm

There was also a live stream with some devs recently that said there would be some balance changes coming soon. No details but it said some system changes and character changes for a lot of characters like Vegeta, Frieza, Krillin, Piccolo, Android 16, Android 18, SSGSS Vegeta, Nappa, Captain Ginyu, Adult Gohan, Kid Buu, Beerus, Android 21, and Broly. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a mention of Cell, or any of the Gokus though specifically Black and Bardock. But they did also say etc when listing the characters so maybe they will be. Only thing said so far though was that SS Vegeta is getting his assist slightly nerfed.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:26 pm

I think the only nerf they could give Cell is some of his hitbox reach on his long kicks, as they can connect when the foot ain't anywhere near me. Black and Bardock don't really need any nerfs honestly. All 3 are really, REALLY good, but I don't think anything needs to be taken away from their current arsenal. I just want everyone to be viable, put buffs on E'RRYBODY!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:27 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Fused Zamasu looks mindblowing. It's unbelievable:
Forgive me, but random portals (that were already used by Janemba) and Katchin blocks are not nearly as iconic and stunning as Lightning of Absolution or Divine Wrath. It seems that Grotesque Fused Zamasu will not be making an appearance. Which is absolutely fine, Halo Fused Zamasu looks way better anyway. Now I am definitely buying this game.
I'm still a bit disappointed. Even if Janemba has portals (which he only used once in his transformed state to redirect a blast, I believe), we'll never get to see a move like this animated in a video game, it's looking like.

Seriously though, imagine THAT being animated like Hit's Level 3, but with Zamasu in place and the opponent moving around instead of the other way around.

My ideal would have been having moves from both canons, or at least what's looking to be the Zamasu we got with portals too. I'm also still REALLY hoping he has some form of his telekinesis in the game, but I doubt it since Zamasu uses the grab in Black's Kamehameha.

I'm still pretty excited, since Fused Zamasu looks AWESOME. I just hope they use some manga material in his moveset for the inevitable sequel.