"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:14 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 am I wonder if the game will have another season ? :think:
If the DLC came out faster or had a defined schedule, I think people wouldn't have been losing interest as quickly as it seems they are. I'm pulling for a 3rd season, but I also don't want to wait another year just for a couple characters.

My ideal Season 3

Evolution Vegeta (Shirtless or Battle Damaged to set him apart) and G.o.D. Toppo
MUI Goku (Shirtless or Battle Damaged to set him apart) and Roshi (Black Outfit or ToP Outfit)
Kefla and Cabba

Also add the TOP Stage and another stage (Hell? Ice Continent?)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Honestly can't predict if another Season is coming or not. They aren't handling the current one all that well...

At this point I'm more inclined for a FighterZ 2 with a bunch of reworks and what have you. Maybe a short Season 3 could work.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:15 pm

I was a huge fan of this game and still think it is the best DB game I have ever played in 20 years... but the DLC schedule completely killed my interest. I have even finished hard story modes for the lack of content and playing against people all the time the same way stopped being fun... it is like ages since GT Goku was released... when is the Janemba out?! And I am kinda past the Gogeta and Broly hype train. The movie was nice, but the characters are just updated rehashes :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:17 pm

LightBing wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:14 pm Honestly can't predict if another Season is coming or not. They aren't handling the current one all that well...

At this point I'm more inclined for a FighterZ 2 with a bunch of reworks and what have you. Maybe a short Season 3 could work.
It is past half a year since they announced season 2 of six characters and after that time we are in half of it without Janemba in sight... I strongly doubt that anything more is coming.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Last edited by DarkPrince_92 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Incredible finale from Go1 and SonicFox. I only caught the last set and I'm so glad I did, because they pulled out all the stops. Such a great anime rivalry they've got going.

Janemba and Gogeta revealed! Janemba has all the crazy portal shit you could want, he's taller than I imagined too. Gogeta has a dramatic finish with him, looks like he goes SS for it, but is otherwise in Blue. Or it could be that he has an SS skin, which...if only they'd done that from the start.

Only disappointment is Gogeta's level 3 looks to be the big Kamehameha he used to finish off Broly. Which looks incredible, it even has the fiery backdrop from the film, but we have enough big horizontal beam level 3s.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:58 pm

I had completely forgotten about EVO, but still managed to watch top 8. GO1 vs SonicFox matchers are always so hype!
I'm glad GO1 took the trophy, especially after what happened last year. Truly an anime-ish ending.

As for the trailer, it was cool.

Janemba has an unique moveset, so he was always a good option for the roster.
SSB Gogeta looks cool. His level 3 in particular looks amazing, but in the end is just another kamehameha...

It's cool they reused SSB Gogeta model for a dramatic finish against Janemba. Just like they did with DBZ FT Trunks vs Merged Zamasu.
Extra points for giving him SSJ hair color.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Janemba's moves never cease to amaze me. :clap: Then again, he still is the character with the best techniques in this franchise. I expected no less than them looking incredible here.

Such a great character, the only movie one worth of receiving a "reboot" so that he gets a personality. :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Also, the start of Janemba's trailer has a brief glimpse of jellybean hell. Are we finally getting stages? I feel like we'd need one for the dramatic finish, but they just showed it happening on Land of the Kais.

Calling it now: if this update doesn't come with a new stage, there'll be a free update at the end that adds it. Along with glacier for Gogeta/Broly, Tournament of Power ring for Jiren and possibly new Planet Plant for GT Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Gogeta looks awful minus 10000000000000 points for giving him a shitty widows peak.

Is it that hard to pay attention to his f**king design developers? Ffs.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:57 pm

I love janemba as much as any other guy, but gogeta stole his 15 seconds of fame as soon as he arrived. Damn his level 3 is like a straight rip from the movie.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:22 pm Gogeta looks awful minus 10000000000000 points for giving him a shitty widows peak.

they weren't going for shot by shot character design rip from the 'Broly' Film they designed him according to the rest of their DB artstyle and combined the two (Yamamuro & Shintani) designs into one to give fans a sense of both worlds getting what they want

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:22 pm Gogeta looks awful minus 10000000000000 points for giving him a shitty widows peak.

I ... I don't even.

No - nope. Not even going to try with this one. Jesus.

Some people are so hard to please it's insane.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:13 pm

Janmeba looks fantastic and a riot to play as. He'll be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Damn, I should've saved the money I spent on Base Goku and Base Vegeta and waited for this

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 am

I ... I don't even.

No - nope. Not even going to try with this one. Jesus.

Some people are so hard to please it's insane.
He's done nothing but troll this thread bashing the game any chance he can get. It's sad but not worth playing any attention to.

Trailer looks fire.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:39 pm

I have a feeling that we won't get a third season and they will probably wrap things up with DBS Broli and Gogeta. If we get a third season, my line would be:

Roshi and Kefla
Baby Vegeta and Super Yi Xing Long
Dabra and Tullece
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Probably had been asked before: but you guys prefer this game battle system over XENOVERSE?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:35 pm Probably had been asked before: but you guys prefer this game battle system over XENOVERSE?
As much as I enjoyed fanservice of XV, this gameplay is a polished fighting mechanic against XV2's broken complicated combos that doesn't work and people online just play with safe equip combinations.
I love the rewarding gameplay and that you can enjoy it as a casual but go pro online.
FighterZ is game that can compete with the likes of Guilty Gear or Street Fighter, but XV2 is just franchise game that will please the fans of the series and that's it. I even prefer Spikesfot's Tenkaichi/Sparking battle system over Xenoverse sadly.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:27 am

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:35 pm Probably had been asked before: but you guys prefer this game battle system over XENOVERSE?
Completely different kinds of games so I can't compare. It's like you're asking if I prefer MK Shaolin Monks over MK9.

As a fighting game, I find FighterZ extremely fun, responsive and full of fan-service. The visuals are out of this world and it really is like playing the anime. It's one of my favourite fighting games and if it came out 15 years ago back when I was a die-hard Dragon Ball fan, I don't think my heart could take such a flawless, amazing game.

Xenoverse is a solid arena fighter with solid mechanics, and a huge amount of single player content, plus other modes and goodies. I also estimate that if FighterZ 2 comes out, it won't be as improved over FighterZ 1 as Xenoverse 2 was over Xenoverse 1. Can't wait to see what they'll do with Xenoverse 3.