"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Beiga

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Beiga » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 am

Now that someone said Install...wouldn't it be awesome if the main character was Omen UI Goku and Mastered UI was an install? It'd fit with how powerful MUI is that it'd be a temporary thing.

Writing this down, now I'll be kind of disappointed if this isn't what they do, hahah :D

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:51 am

the last ones must be Goku UI and Kefla to complete if this is not the case I will be very disappointed :think:

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:02 pm

I don’t have a problem with UI Goku. It was kind of inevitable. But am I wrong for thinking that if we HAD to get another Goku for season 3 I would have wanted SSJGod instead of UI? Idk I just feel like what with how broken UI’s moveset could potentially be God would make slightly more sense (as far as game mechanics go, this isn’t multidimensional like xenoverse, talking to you auto dodge). Besides that form doesn’t get much of the love it deserves

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:24 pm

I wonder if they'll make Omen a separate forum? Heck, if this is Gokuu with the completed form will his clothes be in perfect condition or will he have his ragged clothing from the TV series?

I'm hoping they also announce Kefla. That's be a nice reveal trailer for sure.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:32 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:24 pm I wonder if they'll make Omen a separate forum? Heck, if this is Gokuu with the completed form will his clothes be in perfect condition or will he have his ragged clothing from the TV series?

I'm hoping they also announce Kefla. That's be a nice reveal trailer for sure.
That'd keep with the pattern. Reveal UI Goku early in the magazine, then have Kefla as the "and one more thing" announcement at the World Tour finals. They did it with Videl at last year's finals, Cooler at EVO '18 and Gogeta at EVO '19.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:53 am

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 am

Ah dangit, I was hoping it would be Omen by default. Have silver-hair for the level 3, that's what they've done with all the other Gokus.

Omen really gets the short end. It's like they want us to forget the better looking one existed.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:46 am

Damn, that bod is nice.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:49 am

Hmmmmmm... this may come as a surprise, but I think I'll be skipping this one. [/venomous sarcasm]
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:37 am

I'd be fine with it if they didn't throw in GT Goku. Now it's getting dull.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:29 am

super saiyan blue goku i would say is way more problematic in the game then kid goku. kid goku at least allows for a gt and original dragon ball rep, fun stuff to do with nyoibo, and a bit of a different moveset, not to mention that version of goku was the main character of the series for a long time, it's kinda weird when these games exclude him. i know super saiyan blue goku was in the base game but stilllll, it's a little dumb. hell i'm cool with base goku because his moveset is pretty different from the other goku's and there's always a lot of potential with all the kaioken attacks and no later Z techniques.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 am

I really like the haircut, more than the base design.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Another Goku?! How shocking!
But don't worry, he will have a different moveset...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Wow another Goku, how original. Can’t wait to see people trying to defend this one.

Beiga

Post by Beiga » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:53 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:50 pm Wow another Goku, how original. Can’t wait to see people trying to defend this one.
Sure.

a) He's the main and most popular character's ultimate form
b) optional content
c) has a distinct fighting style and move set
d) Will sell DLC to casual and dedicated tournament players alike which is the ultimate goal of any company in a capitalist society

There. No need to overthink it. It's odd that people are upset by this when posters in this very thread are kind of struggling to think of other characters they could add at this point. Why not throw in the main character's ultimate form in?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Nothing is more frustrating than people drinking the kool-aid.
Beiga wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:53 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:50 pm Wow another Goku, how original. Can’t wait to see people trying to defend this one.
Sure.

b) optional content
d) Will sell DLC to casual and dedicated tournament players alike which is the ultimate goal of any company in a capitalist society

There. No need to overthink it. It's odd that people are upset by this when posters in this very thread are kind of struggling to think of other characters they could add at this point. Why not throw in the main character's ultimate form in?
a) He always has an ultimate form! Every version of him is an ultimate form.
b) Optional content that you'll have to fight as everyone you meet online will now reorder their teams.
c) So would anyone else.
d) This is not Goku Fighterz. This is Dragonball Fighterz. The idea that only Goku rakes in money, and that only Goku convinces casuals to replay the game and buy the DLC for what a few months before dropping it again before the next Goku, Vegeta, or Broly comes up in some stupid wasting money cycle is ridiculous. Thinking like that is why GT is nicknamed Goku Time. This is a franchise that even when it offers dreck it makes bank. People like other characters besides Goku, and some folks including the developers needs to stop pretending other people don't.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:46 pm Nothing is more frustrating than people drinking the kool-aid.
Beiga wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:53 pm
Sure.

b) optional content

a) He always has an ultimate form! Every version of him is an ultimate form.
b) Optional content that you'll have to fight as everyone you meet online will now reorder their teams.
c) So would anyone else.
d) This is not Goku Fighterz. This is Dragonball Fighterz. The idea that only Goku rakes in money, and that only Goku convinces casuals to replay the game and buy the DLC for what a few months before dropping it again before the next Goku, Vegeta, or Broly comes up in some stupid wasting money cycle is ridiculous. Thinking like that is why GT is nicknamed Goku Time. This is a franchise that even when it offers dreck it makes bank. People like other characters besides Goku, and some folks including the developers needs to stop pretending other people don't.
Pretty much this. They're going with Goku because he sells, but it doesnt make it a good choice. "Kind of struggling?" There's dozens of characters that could make it in over a 5th Goku.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Hmm.

Ultra Instinct Goku may not have much of move-set to work with given his lack of "flashy" techniques and having more of an emphasis on evasive combat, but it'll be interesting to see what they incorporate to accommodate him.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:13 pm

You folk are look at the glass half empty, the obvious choice is out of the way, if we're getting atleast 4 more characters the floor is literally open to anyone. why get upset when you all know more is on the way.

Beiga is right. Goku is the main character and thus has the most to offer. Dragon Ball is Goku's show lol so if he gets the most attention, its kinda to be expected.

Kefla
Toppo
Roshi
Dabura
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 pm

I can't understand why people wouldn't want the strongest fighter of the entire show, who also happens to be the main protagonist. I mean, it's not SS3 or SSBKK, it is Goku mastering every aspect of a fight, in a fighting game.

To each their own I guess, luckily the devs don't think that way.