No Xenoverse 3 in 2019?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: No Xenoverse 3 in 2019?

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Really a shame BANDAI is wasting Dimps time with this mediocre fighting game series. :(
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:12 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided just to continue adding DLC to Xenoverse 2. They probably canceled it once they realized FighterZ would be a hit and that people would just buy DLC.

Why would they put Ultra Instinct silver hair and Jiren in Xenoverse 2 instead of saving them for a sequel?

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:21 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:Really a shame BANDAI is wasting Dimps time with this mediocre fighting game series. :(
This may come as a shock to you, but not every DBZ fighting game needs to some hardcore fighter.
precita wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they decided just to continue adding DLC to Xenoverse 2. They probably canceled it once they realized FighterZ would be a hit and that people would just buy DLC.

Why would they put Ultra Instinct silver hair and Jiren in Xenoverse 2 instead of saving them for a sequel?
I guess the same reason why Xenoverse 1 added Golden and SSB Goku and Vegeta instead of waiting for Xeno2, FighterZ and Xenoverse cater to two different audiences, i doubt the would throw the Xeno crowd under the bus just because FighterZ did well.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:09 am

shadd21 wrote:This may come as a shock to you, but not every DBZ fighting game needs to some hardcore fighter.
It may come as a shock to you, but making a good Dragon Ball game doesn't need to be called "hardcore". What fun mashing one button and you're the winner, yay.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:
shadd21 wrote:This may come as a shock to you, but not every DBZ fighting game needs to some hardcore fighter.
It may come as a shock to you, but making a good Dragon Ball game doesn't need to be called "hardcore". What fun mashing one button and you're the winner, yay.
Xenoverse is an arena fighter in the vain TB and Raging Blast, you serious expect these games to work with fg motions or using more than two button for melee attacks? If you want "depth" go fucking play FighterZ.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:45 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:Really a shame BANDAI is wasting Dimps time with this mediocre fighting game series. :(
It's not wasting their time when people enjoy it and it sells really well.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
It's not wasting their time when people enjoy it and it sells really well.
Exactly.
While fighting games have long had their niche in the gaming community, people also like other types of action games. And the Xenoverse franchise is proof of that.

Admittedly, FighterZ is far more user friendly than most fighting games I've come across (no ridiculously long button combos to do an ultimate, for example), but the appeal isn't there for everyone. Xenoverse allows people to create their own character, of their own race, and customize quite a bit about them. Granted, there are plenty, myself included, that hope for more options in the future. But this sort of game has also long had its own niche of followers.

Here's to hoping X3 is even better, with better netcode, more characters (looking at you, Baby Vegeta, Kale, Caulifla, and Ribrianne), and a more unique storyline.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:44 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:I'm still clinging to the hopes we get a Burst Limit 2.
There's no point in a new Budokai game with FighterZ around. That'd just be a waste of Dimps' time.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:58 pm

To me in a sense Xenoverse 2 feels somewhat outdated though still incredibly fun and I still enjoy playing I each night. Almost done with the story as Banana, my female saiyan. The super additions make it feel less aged, however. Xenoverse 1, while it was obviously first feels like an ancient, more stripped down version of Xenoverse 2 and it bugged me that flying wasn't a thing in TokiToki though seeing as it isn't as big as Conton it's manageable. Xeno 2 is basically what Xeno 1 should have been, and if they make a 3, I hope that we don't get a rehash of the same parallel quests and story plots that 2 seemed to do. Maybe by the time it comes out it will have more to do with Super than Z or anything else new that may be developed, so that would be interesting. Plus I'll be seeing Super soon anyway- currently rewatching the majin buu arc!
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:56 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I'll say it again, because I KNOW that it is in development.
So sorry, but I don't think that's how it works. Mind to provide a legit/official source for your knowledge about it?
No can do.
Believe me or not, I know that it's been in development for at least a few months.
I definetly agree with you put its probably more likely to be the 2020 game rather than the 2019 game. Although its reassuring that they are getting right on the horse to prepare. I’d assume that the characters we see in DBL (also made by dimps) have a greater chance of being in XV3 than usual. New races? Definetly. An original story? Most likely. Baby Vegeta? Basically impossible for him not be in the base game of XV3.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
There's no point in a new Budokai game with FighterZ around. That'd just be a waste of Dimps' time.
Budokai and FighterZ are quite different games. The Budokai games, which includes Burst Limit too, were made with casuals fans in mind and offer 2.5D gameplay, easy and fun to enjoy but with some deeper aspects behind.
FighterZ is a hardcore 2D game made for the hardcore fighting games community and aimed for EVO, and they succeded.
If Dimps went back to 2.5D gameplay similar to Budokai it wouldn't be a waste of time at all, and would actually improve their gameplay. I for one would deeply enjoy a game with Xenoverse's levels of customization, with lots of characters and the awesome gameplay the Budokai games delivered. As for the graphics, an updated version of Burst Limit graphics would have nothing to envy to FighterZ models in my opinion.
Basically it could be seen as the "easy" version of FighterZ for casuals Dragon Ball fans to enjoy.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:22 pm

emperior wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Budokai and FighterZ are quite different games. The Budokai games, which includes Burst Limit too, were made with casuals fans in mind and offer 2.5D gameplay, easy and fun to enjoy but with some deeper aspects behind.
FighterZ is a hardcore 2D game made for the hardcore fighting games community and aimed for EVO, and they succeded.
If Dimps went back to 2.5D gameplay similar to Budokai it wouldn't be a waste of time at all, and would actually improve their gameplay. I for one would deeply enjoy a game with Xenoverse's levels of customization, with lots of characters and the awesome gameplay the Budokai games delivered. As for the graphics, an updated version of Burst Limit graphics would have nothing to envy to FighterZ models in my opinion.
Basically it could be seen as the "easy" version of FighterZ for casuals Dragon Ball fans to enjoy.
FighterZ itself is more casual than most contemporary fighters and Budokai wasn't made for 2D fighting game fans (it takes more from 3D fighters like Tekken and Virtua Fighter). It was more of an exercise to show Dimps' versatility in the fighting game ring.

Xenoverse isn't even made by the same team as the Budokai games.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:16 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
emperior wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote: There's no point in a new Budokai game with FighterZ around. That'd just be a waste of Dimps' time.
FighterZ itself is more casual than most contemporary fighters and Budokai wasn't made for 2D fighting game fans (it takes more from 3D fighters like Tekken and Virtua Fighter). It was more of an exercise to show Dimps' versatility in the fighting game ring.

Having tried games like Injustice, a couple Soul Caliber games, and various Mortal Combats, I can attest to this. As it is SO much easier to use the special moves in FighterZ than in pretty much any of those others.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:35 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
emperior wrote: Budokai and FighterZ are quite different games. The Budokai games, which includes Burst Limit too, were made with casuals fans in mind and offer 2.5D gameplay, easy and fun to enjoy but with some deeper aspects behind.

Having tried games like Injustice, a couple Soul Caliber games, and various Mortal Combats, I can attest to this. As it is SO much easier to use the special moves in FighterZ than in pretty much any of those others.
It's definitely a fighting game easier to learn than others, but this doesn't mean it's a casual game. It's still a game made with FG fans in mind first, and DB fans second. My point is that FighterZ being 2D doesn't mean we shouldn't get other 2D-2.5D Dragon Ball games.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:30 am

emperior wrote:It's definitely a fighting game easier to learn than others, but this doesn't mean it's a casual game. It's still a game made with FG fans in mind first, and DB fans second. My point is that FighterZ being 2D doesn't mean we shouldn't get other 2D-2.5D Dragon Ball games.
My point is the gameplan for Budokai wasn't really that different from FighterZ and Dimps as of now have no intentions of continuing it. The only big difference is that there wasn't really demand for a competitive Dragon Ball fighting game at the time.

Also, Budokai isn't 2D or 2.5D.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Almost 4 years later,
If nothing is announced at this big DB game event coming in March, I think it's safe to say Xenoverse 3 has been cancelled.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:50 am

shadd21 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:51 pm Almost 4 years later,
If nothing is announced at this big DB game event coming in March, I think it's safe to say Xenoverse 3 has been cancelled.
With XV2 still getting support, I think the chances of 3 being announced are slim to none. We'll most likely get a completely new game, and maybe a XV2 port with all DLC.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:00 am

It's possible that they are waiting for Super to return in order to bring back XV3. They could end up covering the Tournament of Power, Broly, and Moro in the story mode.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/