"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm

I am more excited for this games plot than I am about the movie, that is a very strange experience for me

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 am

So apparently, Legends is now out in Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 am

YonedgeHP wrote:So apparently, Legends is now out in Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria.
And still in english apparently...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3E_A45MJ2g
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon May 07, 2018 9:04 am

Kanassa wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:So apparently, Legends is now out in Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria.
And still in english apparently...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3E_A45MJ2g
Sadly, the game also seems to not have Spanish subs option.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:05 am

No sign of hooded man yet it seems?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue May 08, 2018 5:55 am

I have a samsung galaxy S4 do you think I can run the game ?

Edit also sharing this:

Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:34 am

these assets are cool,

wonder if we will hear anything on Giblet soon

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Lol, I used a VPN to change to Netherlands and downloaded DB Legends from Google Play Store, version 1.1.0!

So I ended up playing the game and progressing through the story mode as much as the game allows me to. It says future updates for more story mode. Things I've learned that I didn't know before from playing the betas:

1. Zahha's fighting style is unique. He uses telekinesis to move his swords to strike but can also alternatively move his hands and legs since they are free, which makes him a more versatile character than just a person wielding swords. He can also use spells. He took a long time to prepare but teleported the entire party to another location. He's still a noob and needs practice though because he teleported to the wrong location.
2. Zahha seems to have somewhat of a "hero" knight in shining armor type personality. Very chivalrous. He makes Shallot very irritated and calls him a hothead.
3. Fighters from different eras are being summoned due to a distortion in the space-time and they compete in the Tournament of Time. They have no choice but to fight.
4. We may see all the fighters and previous enemies from the past and present. Paikuhan is there too even though the Afterworld Tournament was a filler.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed May 09, 2018 1:24 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Lol, I used a VPN to change to Netherlands and downloaded DB Legends from Google Play Store, version 1.1.0!

So I ended up playing the game and progressing through the story mode as much as the game allows me to. It says future updates for more story mode. Things I've learned that I didn't know before from playing the betas:

1. Zahha's fighting style is unique. He uses telekinesis to move his swords to strike but can also alternatively move his hands and legs since they are free, which makes him a more versatile character than just a person wielding swords. He can also use spells. He took a long time to prepare but teleported the entire party to another location. He's still a noob and needs practice though because he teleported to the wrong location.
2. Zahha seems to have somewhat of a "hero" knight in shining armor type personality. Very chivalrous. He makes Shallot very irritated and calls him a hothead.
3. Fighters from different eras are being summoned due to a distortion in the space-time and they compete in the Tournament of Time. They have no choice but to fight.
4. We may see all the fighters and previous enemies from the past and present. Paikuhan is there too even though the Afterworld Tournament was a filler.
What countries is this out in?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:04 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Lol, I used a VPN to change to Netherlands and downloaded DB Legends from Google Play Store, version 1.1.0!

Assets also show Taopaipai is in the game, so I figured we'd see some OG dragonball.

Has the hooded man or giblet shown up yet?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:16 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Assets also show Taopaipai is in the game, so I figured we'd see some OG dragonball.

Has the hooded man or giblet shown up yet?
Kid Goku, Piccolo Daimao and Master Roshi were in the cinematic intro so yeah, i think thats the case.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Assets also show Taopaipai is in the game, so I figured we'd see some OG dragonball.
Tao Pai Pai was playable in the first beta :P

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 am

One_Instance wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Assets also show Taopaipai is in the game, so I figured we'd see some OG dragonball.
didnt get into the beta so I didnt know, interesting.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

One_Instance wrote:
Also the opening shows Kid Goku and Piccolo Diamao.
Also Zamasu, so Super is coming too.
I hope Kid Krillin being used in the Casual Match icon means we get him before too long.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:48 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
One_Instance wrote:
I hope Kid Krillin being used in the Casual Match icon means we get him before too long.
I really REALLY hope we see some other fillers beside Pikkon, Yurin would be welcome to me

Still no idea on who this Giblet is?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 09, 2018 7:31 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
One_Instance wrote: Tao Pai Pai was playable in the first beta :P
I really REALLY hope we see some other fillers beside Pikkon, Yurin would be welcome to me

If you mean what character has the name, Giblet is almost definitely the hooded man.
As to who the hooded man is, Devils Corpse said he was told that he's Shallot's brother.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed May 09, 2018 8:20 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: I really REALLY hope we see some other fillers beside Pikkon, Yurin would be welcome to me
I highly doubt they will add such minor character. Most people wouldn't care and since this game uses 3D models i doubt it will have as many characters as Dokkan.
ArchedThunder wrote: Also the opening shows Kid Goku and Piccolo Diamao.
They said they will add "every" character from all series.
Intro also showed Omega Shenron, but Pan was already in demo so it pretty much confirmed GT as well.

And original series characters being in this game already makes it better than Xenoverse.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: I really REALLY hope we see some other fillers beside Pikkon, Yurin would be welcome to me
I highly doubt they will add such minor character. Most people wouldn't care and since this game uses 3D models i doubt it will have as many characters as Dokkan.
They said they will add "every" character from all series.
Intro also showed Omega Shenron, but Pan was already in demo so it pretty much confirmed GT as well.

And original series characters being in this game already makes it better than Xenoverse.
I didnt say I expect Yurin just that she'd be welcome to me. I'd take her over various saibamen and frieza soldier recolours.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

If you mean what character has the name, Giblet is almost definitely the hooded man.
As to who the hooded man is, Devils Corpse said he was told that he's Shallot's brother.
I dont recall that.

So a meat named saiyan? interesting...

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu May 10, 2018 5:47 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I dont recall that.

So a meat named saiyan? interesting...
He said it on Twitter.