"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:09 am
sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm Upcoming UST will include:
-Super Saiyan Son Goku (GT)
-Super Saiyan Vegeta (GT)
-Hyper Mega Rildo
Are these confirmed?
Yup, they were confirmed in V-jump

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:41 am

I need some time off this game. Went whaling to get Gogeta and SS2 Gohan, didn't get either of them but spent quite a bit more than I should have. Which is weird, because I generally don't get tempted by micro-transactions or gatcha games. Don't think I've spent money on a multiplayer game since Mass Effect 3 of all things.

I was hoping when I got the free 1000 crystals for beating the Cell Games event, that particular multi would finally be the one to work and instil some kind of poetic irony about the importance of patience. But nope, 8 Heroes, 2 Extremes.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Ok so I am doing the new part of the story mode
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 pm Ok so I am doing the new part of the story mode
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:50 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 pm Ok so I am doing the new part of the story mode
:lolno:

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 pm
The translation on the English-speaking side's a little weird here, but to parrot DBZ.com's explanation, "Giblet's" name (ジブレット or Jiburetto) is based on the French word for chives: ciboulette or シブレット, which can be translated as "Jiblet".

The actual Japanese katana for giblets (as in "small meat/bird pieces") is ジブレッツ. It's similar, but the last kanji is repeated. If you wanted to keep the pun closer to its French origin, to avoid confusion, the Saiyan in Red's name would probably be known as Giboulet(te).

That way, both Shallot and Giblet can share the notion of having "girls' names". :P

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:17 pm

UltraPrimus22 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 pm
The translation on the English-speaking side's a little weird here, but to parrot DBZ.com's explanation, "Giblet's" name (ジブレット or Jiburetto) is based on the French word for chives: ciboulette or シブレット, which can be translated as "Jiblet".

The actual Japanese katana for giblets (as in "small meat/bird pieces") is ジブレッツ. It's similar, but the last kanji is repeated. If you wanted to keep the pun closer to its French origin, to avoid confusion, the Saiyan in Red's name would probably be known as Giboulet(te).

That way, both Shallot and Giblet can share the notion of having "girls' names". :P
You know what is funny here is that .... I .... AM ..... FRENCH !!!! I should have saw that one coming DAMN clever Japanese :o

For your last part is this you are poking fun of French for being girly sometimes ? For me that's ok since I have the International name but be careful some will surely be triggered :lol: :clap:

Based on Chives/Ciboulette huh. That remind of a similar translation case I find will translating the Lovage. The Lovage is an erect, herbaceous, perennial plant growing to 1.8–2.5 m (5.9–8.2 ft) tall, with a basal rosette of leaves and stems with further leaves, the flowers being produced in umbels at the top of the stems. The leaves can be used in salads, or to make soup or season broths, and the roots can be eaten as a vegetable or grated for use in salads. In Japanese Lovage is written ラベージ/Rabēji which can be translate either as Ravage or Lovage both naming working.

So you can basically have a goddamn Saiyan named Ravage isn't that great :o

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm sorry for asking a stupid question, but I'm relatively new to this game, and I cant figure out how to get tickets for the Gohan and Cell step up summon thing. How are they obtained?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:30 pm I'm sorry for asking a stupid question, but I'm relatively new to this game, and I cant figure out how to get tickets for the Gohan and Cell step up summon thing. How are they obtained?
Well, the Cell Step Up Banner Event is already gone now, and that Banner was the only way to get those Tickets for the Gohan Banner. You got 2 Tickets by completing all 7 Steps of the Cell Banner and then you automatically restart the Cell Step Up Banner. The Gohan Banner is still there for all who still have Tickets but didn't use them yet.
So... sorry. I guess you have to wait until the next Step Up Banner that locks another new Character behind a Ticket. It was the same with Beerus-sama, he was locked behind a Ticket too, but was available now during the Gohan Banner again. So I think Beerus-sama und Gohan will be available again when the next Step Up Banner drops.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:27 pm Yup, they were confirmed in V-Jump:
These are really cool! I'm all for more GT characters, it's interesting that Vegeta is doing the Galick Gun pose though I don't remember him using on the actual arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:31 am

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 am
sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:27 pm Yup, they were confirmed in V-Jump:
These are really cool! I'm all for more GT characters, it's interesting that Vegeta is doing the Galick Gun pose though I don't remember him using on the actual arc.
In the Baby Saga of Dragon Ball GT, Full Power Super Saiyan Vegeta (GT) had used his Galick Gun or his Super Galick Gun against the likes of an overconfident Full Power Super Saiyan Baby Son Gohan, or even the likes of Super Saiyan 2 Baby Son Gohan in an attempt to defeat the Baby-Infected Saiyan.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:26 am

Ok, I know my last post here was saying I needed to take some time off this game, but they just announced a new banner that includes Ribrianne. Now I need to go back into the game to reward them for making the correct choice that those hacks at FighterZ are still too COWARDLY to implement.

Also I actually like female warriors, it's a good team. Just wish Ribrianne or Saiyaman 2 were yellow, I still need something in that colour to replace 18. Still hope for Kefla or 21 I guess, can't be many more strong picks left in that archetype.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 am

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:26 am Ok, I know my last post here was saying I needed to take some time off this game, but they just announced a new banner that includes Ribrianne. Now I need to go back into the game to reward them for making the correct choice that those hacks at FighterZ are still too COWARDLY to implement.

Also I actually like female warriors, it's a good team. Just wish Ribrianne or Saiyaman 2 were yellow, I still need something in that colour to replace 18. Still hope for Kefla or 21 I guess, can't be many more strong picks left in that archetype.
I wouldn't count on Android #21, but Kefla is only a matter of time. Also, it is very much in the norm for this game to have multiple variants of the same character. We could even get Brianne (before transformation) as a Hero or Extreme character. Heck, after getting freaking Bulma as a fighter, I wouldn't even be surprised if we got baby Pan or baby Bra as characters.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:26 am Ok, I know my last post here was saying I needed to take some time off this game, but they just announced a new banner that includes Ribrianne. Now I need to go back into the game to reward them for making the correct choice that those hacks at FighterZ are still too COWARDLY to implement.

I'm happy with Ribrianne but of course most of morons cry and whine because OMG WE WANTED ULTRA INSTINCT GOKU AND GOGETA BLUE I AM GOING TO UNINSTALL THIS GAME. If Ribrianne boosts Female Warrior then i'm gonna waste some CC on this banner. I wish her or Videl were green as i still don't have any good green female. I only have EX #18, but no ChiChi and no Mai sadly.

Honestly, i don't expect anniversary banner to be any interesting. Probably Gogeta Blue or Goku/Vegeta Blue. I hope Kefla comes soon and i'd like to see #21, Towa or Oceanus Shenron in near future.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Okay, this is definitely a banner that I am not skipping. I was waiting for that one day when Ribrianne comes to Legends, since she's probably not going to be in Xenoverse for quite a while, at least until DLC 10, or maybe they're saving her for Xenoverse 3, I don't know, but her coming to Legends is a very good appetizer, since remember, Dimps develops both Xenoverse and Legends, and a treat for hard core Ribrianne fans like me and a certain friend of mine. And having The Great Saiyaman 1 and 2 here as well is a great little bonus.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 am

I wouldn't count on Android #21, but Kefla is only a matter of time. Also, it is very much in the norm for this game to have multiple variants of the same character. We could even get Brianne (before transformation) as a Hero or Extreme character. Heck, after getting freaking Bulma as a fighter, I wouldn't even be surprised if we got baby Pan or baby Bra as characters.
Oh, I'd love Baby Pan so much! This game has shown it can go outside the box when it wants to.

I think 21 is popular enough that she could make the jump. It is Dimps after all, maybe they could do some kind of "game exclusive" banner that also contains Mira, Towa and Fu.

I didn't think about other versions of characters. Kefla has three forms to chose from, so does Kale for that matter. The last banner gave us skinny Caulifla and buff Kale, the next could give us buff Caulifla and skinny Kale? Now there's a team.
sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm I'm happy with Ribrianne but of course most of morons cry and whine because OMG WE WANTED ULTRA INSTINCT GOKU AND GOGETA BLUE I AM GOING TO UNINSTALL THIS GAME. If Ribrianne boosts Female Warrior then i'm gonna waste some CC on this banner. I wish her or Videl were green as i still don't have any good green female. I only have EX #18, but no ChiChi and no Mai sadly.

Honestly, i don't expect anniversary banner to be any interesting. Probably Gogeta Blue or Goku/Vegeta Blue. I hope Kefla comes soon and i'd like to see #21, Towa or Oceanus Shenron in near future.
I know right? All these manchildren complaining about Ribrianne on Twitter saying "I'll just save my crystals for the anniversary banner". And yet everyone's predicting it's just going to be SSB Goku/Vegeta/Vegetto. It's like dudes, you just got Gogeta, before that you got a second SS3 Goku and God Vegeta, after that you got GT Goku and Vegeta. And yet you're whinging about a genuinely unique and under-used character just because she's a girl you can't whack off to? You guys are the reason the FighterZ DLC picks have been so boring.

Apparently Ribrianne's deal is she gets stronger the more defeated female warriors you have, which is going to make her a pretty awesome anchor. So far the biggest problem with female warriors is they're all pretty fragile apart from Kale and Mai's healing, so having someone who can hold the line is going to be really useful.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:43 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm

I'm happy with Ribrianne but of course most of morons cry and whine because OMG WE WANTED ULTRA INSTINCT GOKU AND GOGETA BLUE I AM GOING TO UNINSTALL THIS GAME. If Ribrianne boosts Female Warrior then i'm gonna waste some CC on this banner. I wish her or Videl were green as i still don't have any good green female. I only have EX #18, but no ChiChi and no Mai sadly.

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 pmI know right? All these manchildren complaining about Ribrianne on Twitter saying "I'll just save my crystals for the anniversary banner". And yet everyone's predicting it's just going to be SSB Goku/Vegeta/Vegetto. It's like dudes, you just got Gogeta, before that you got a second SS3 Goku and God Vegeta, after that you got GT Goku and Vegeta. And yet you're whinging about a genuinely unique and under-used character just because she's a girl you can't whack off to? You guys are the reason the FighterZ DLC picks have been so boring.

Apparently Ribrianne's deal is she gets stronger the more defeated female warriors you have, which is going to make her a pretty awesome anchor. So far the biggest problem with female warriors is they're all pretty fragile apart from Kale and Mai's healing, so having someone who can hold the line is going to be really useful.
Indeed and I have been reading these Responses on both You Tube and Instagram and Responding to many on YouTube.

Honestly I feel that for awhile I have been nice and understanding to fans that don't like characters like Ribrianne, Kale or Caulifla, that not all will like everyone and that is how it goes, but Honestly to a degree I am Done with some of these Folks.

a lot of these fans are Spazing out so badly they claim they will Drop the Game or Burn their Phone cause of her and all I thinks is really do you expect anyone to believe such Trash Melodrama?! :roll:

They are just doing it for attention, in the end they will keep the game, Pull Ribrianne and use her just like in Dokken Battle, but never admite to it to just seem cool. Most of them are Hypocritical and Over Entitled Fans on social media that just want to keep status quo characters only which ends up giving us just more hybrids, more Clone after Clone and more Fusion after Fusion of just Goku and Vegeta.

I don't believe most of this Melodrama, but if fans Serious don't like Ribrianne I at this point to this shallow degree Need to Serious Get Over it Already. :problem:

She is not going anywhere and is being used by the Franchise to the degrees she is being Used. They need to stop saying ALL the Fandom Hates here cause no one speaks for all the fans and I have meet plenty of fans both here and online that Like her. So again to Fans to each their own still, but mainly most have to grow-up and realize not all character will hit with you and not to Complain like a Spoiled Entitled fan when you don't get all that you want.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 pm

I don't want Ultra Instinct Goku yet. It's too early. There has been a power creep in this game since the beginning, making later additions typically the most powerful. When he does eventually come, I want Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku to be on top. Before him, we should get Blue Goku and Vegeta, Golden Frieza, Hit, Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black, Fused Zamasu, Top, Ultra Instinct Omen, Jiren, and then finally I would accept Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku. Followed by whatever new form they give Goku when the show comes back. lol

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:14 pm Okay, this is definitely a banner that I am not skipping. I was waiting for that one day when Ribrianne comes to Legends, since she's probably not going to be in Xenoverse for quite a while, at least until DLC 10, or maybe they're saving her for Xenoverse 3, I don't know, but her coming to Legends is a very good appetizer, since remember, Dimps develops both Xenoverse and Legends, and a treat for hard core Ribrianne fans like me and a certain friend of mine. And having The Great Saiyaman 1 and 2 here as well is a great little bonus.
I am Glad you like Ribrianne So Much Dragon Ball Gus and I am Hyped for her coming as well, it is giving me the desire to finally try out the Game cause my Favorite Girl is coming! :D :clap:

I got Dokken Battle already and that has been Heaven for Any Ribrianne Fan with 2 Ribrianne's and Brianne as playable Characters and now it is Epic to see her in another Game! Indeed I hope she is in Xenoverse or Figtherz one day but until then these are great games to have The Goddess of Love in! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 pm

It's my luckiest day in summons. In 3 multis i got:
-Ribrianne
-Kale
-ChiChi X2
-EX Bulma X2
-Caulifla

And all of them were new to me except Caulifla.
Sadly i probably won't use Kale even though she's strong as hell but i don't like her in this form and it would mean i have to throw away BeePan.
I have BLU Bulma and BLU Pan in my team so i have ot throw away one of them to play as Ribrianne. Probably Pan as i already have BeePan and i find Bulma to be more useful and fun to play even though she is pretty weak. It's hard choice, but Ribrianne is very strong.

I didn't get Videl but i didn't want her anyway. She boosts color, not tag, and it's not even her color which is dumb. She's basically useless in my team. I have old SP Videl anyway and she rocks.