"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Maybe I'm playing the game wrong, but my team is basically made up of all six elements, with the strongest (in terms of power level) of each color. Are the boosts that come from teams really good enough to consider using? Personally, when I play PvP, I always look at what elements my opponent is lacking and try to use that against them. If they have two reds, I'll use a blue. If they don't have a yellow, I know that my red character is a safe choice. It seems like every time a player has a weakness like that, I have a pretty big advantage. Using three characters of the same element just for their buffs seems like a bad idea.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm Maybe I'm playing the game wrong, but my team is basically made up of all six elements, with the strongest (in terms of power level) of each color. Are the boosts that come from teams really good enough to consider using? Personally, when I play PvP, I always look at what elements my opponent is lacking and try to use that against them. If they have two reds, I'll use a blue. If they don't have a yellow, I know that my red character is a safe choice. It seems like every time a player has a weakness like that, I have a pretty big advantage. Using three characters of the same element just for their buffs seems like a bad idea.
Same. I hate color boosts. I never ever take two characters of the same color unless i see that my opponent is focusing on one/two colors.
I try to have each color in my team. My current team is:
-SP Caulifla PUR
-SP Bulma BLU
-SP Pan BLU
-SP ChiChi GRE
-SP Videl YEL
-EX BeePan RED

I got ChiChi today and i had EX #18 GRE before. I almost never used her since she was weak but her +17% health boost was amazing.
I still don't know what to do with Ribrianne and Kale. Ribrianne is immortal i swear, she's strong as hell. Temporalily i made second team and changed both Pans for Ribrianne and Kale, but such team lacks power boosts, especially strike attack that only Caulifla provides, yet it's melee focused team. 4 out of 6 characters in this team boosts strike/blast defense only. If Bulma didn't boost blast attack i wouldn't think twice and put Ribrianne over Pan since Bulma is very useful. But Pan has nice strike attack boost. Kale is pretty strong although i think i still prefer BeePan. Even at 1 star she's actually good.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Right now, my main team is:

Red: SS2 Gohan
Yellow: Final Form Frieza
Purple: SS Broly
Green: Potential Unleashed Gohan
Blue: Base Gogeta (Pan is stronger by default, but Gogeta is stronger post-transformation)
White: Shallot

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:14 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:39 pm Right now, my main team is:

Red: SS2 Gohan
Yellow: Final Form Frieza
Purple: SS Broly
Green: Potential Unleashed Gohan
Blue: Base Gogeta (Pan is stronger by default, but Gogeta is stronger post-transformation)
White: Shallot
Frieza is the only unit from Master Pack 1 i still don't have. Bastard just doesn't want to come lol.
I really hate lineage of evil tag. I swear i never had much trouble with Broly, not even Gogeta was big deal. But this tag is a nightmare to me, especially both versions of Cooler. They kill me before i even notice.

I hope i get Rilldo from second ticket because the first ticket gave me....Paikuhan :x
I've heard that his a beast against regenerations and those who can revive like Zamasu. Too bad he has that stupid color boost + lack of any useful tags. I hoped for Machine Mutant tag at least, for future characters like Baby, Super 17, Sigma Force or even Mutchy and Myu. They could be a good meta like androids once were. For now, Rilldo seems to be very powerful unit that doesn't fit in any team other than color based.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:42 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:14 pmFrieza is the only unit from Master Pack 1 i still don't have. Bastard just doesn't want to come lol.
I really hate lineage of evil tag. I swear i never had much trouble with Broly, not even Gogeta was big deal. But this tag is a nightmare to me, especially both versions of Cooler. They kill me before i even notice.

I hope i get Rilldo from second ticket because the first ticket gave me....Paikuhan :x
I've heard that his a beast against regenerations and those who can revive like Zamasu. Too bad he has that stupid color boost + lack of any useful tags. I hoped for Machine Mutant tag at least, for future characters like Baby, Super 17, Sigma Force or even Mutchy and Myu. They could be a good meta like androids once were. For now, Rilldo seems to be very powerful unit that doesn't fit in any team other than color based.
Pikkon (I hate that they use his Japanese name, for some reason) is alright. He's my second strongest Yellow character, I think. Frieza didn't impress me at first, but they really improved him after they rebalanced the game. Funny thing about Broly. I must have spent 7,000 Chrono crystals trying to get him, with no luck. Then the SSG Vegeta banner came, and I got both SS Broly and the old movie Broly at the same time. Those temporary banners where they offer 999 points for specific Sparking summons, though. I swear they must have made the chances of getting rare characters even smaller for those, because I've never gotten anything better than three Extreme characters at a time from those.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:23 am

Got Ribrianne in the first multi. Just in time to see the tweets come out calling her the new best unit in the game. PVP is about to be very enjoyable.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:39 am

Metal Cooler and... New Old Broly?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:07 am

Final Form Coola > Meta Coola and DBS Broly > Fake Broly, so... I don't care.

Btw. I like where the Story is going.
Oh man, so many possibilites with this Story Arc and Characters from all possible Time Arcs.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 am

This game is just disgorging banners over the last couple of weeks. It feels like we got SS3 Gotenks and Super Buu barely a week after Saiyaman 2 and Ribrianne, now we get Metal Cooler and Redundant Broly barely a week after them. The latter still using recycled Vic Migogna lines in the English dub as well.

It's like, they know everyone is saving up for the 1-year anniversary, so trying to get us to spend as much as possible now?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 06, 2019 5:24 am

At least the game is playable... tough the banner summons are bad luck.
I have got both GT Vegeta and GT Goku, whom I do not use at all, but I can't get Gotenks, nor Buu or Metal Cooler and I really miss Adult Gohan. At least, I have SSJ Brolli and Gogeta from the movie, those are tanks to play with in PVP.
Also, Mai and Zamasu are pretty cool for PVP. I had lot of anger issues playing against them before I got them.
These regen and strategy teams are almost impossible to beat with brute force, unless you have lot of stars and maxed stats.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm

There's an issue with the latest step up summon. I should be on step five, but when I looked at it today, it seemed to have reset back to step one. Has anyone else had this issue?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 13, 2019 4:43 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm There's an issue with the latest step up summon. I should be on step five, but when I looked at it today, it seemed to have reset back to step one. Has anyone else had this issue?
It left me wondering as well and you know what? I did search up the news article, and your progress resets each 24 hours! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha, nice. This game isn't as draconic with pay loads for gacha, but tey have inroduced this novelty for us to not be as easy...
And that Brolli fight 50 for which you get 1000 crystals, won't be available before few weeks later :)

I hope that we will get something nice as a gift for one year anniversary at least, as after the GT summon banner, I didn't got any SP fighter from the recent ones.

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 pm There's an issue with the latest step up summon. I should be on step five, but when I looked at it today, it seemed to have reset back to step one. Has anyone else had this issue?
I noticed this too, I was on the final step and hoping for SP Goten but when I went to try it the next day it had reset. Honestly think I prefer it this way though, I can just do one summon a day for 100 crystals and see if I get lucky rather than being stuck at the bottom step not wanting to spend 1000.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 16, 2019 5:38 am

AndyAvenue91 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 am
I noticed this too, I was on the final step and hoping for SP Goten but when I went to try it the next day it had reset. Honestly think I prefer it this way though, I can just do one summon a day for 100 crystals and see if I get lucky rather than being stuck at the bottom step not wanting to spend 1000.
Sadly, I have spent like 2000 crystals on this banner, and yeah, I have got Gohan, he is great, but that's it.
Tried your idea with 100 crystals each day, as it is still a little win to get 3 characters for 100 crystals, but so far, just the normal filler cards like Saiyan arc Krillin, Saiyan arc Goku, Saibaiman...

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:38 am Sadly, I have spent like 2000 crystals on this banner, and yeah, I have got Gohan, he is great, but that's it.
Tried your idea with 100 crystals each day, as it is still a little win to get 3 characters for 100 crystals, but so far, just the normal filler cards like Saiyan arc Krillin, Saiyan arc Goku, Saibaiman...
Yeah my luck was terrible when I first went through them. I got up to Step 5 initially with no sparkings (other than the ticket which got me SP Dabura, wasn't happy!) but after that I refuse to fork out more crystals for it. My 100 crystals a day hasn't gotten me anything but the standard hero fighters either, but as you say it's a small win for the price.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the summons recently, I haven't pulled a sparking that wasn't through a ticket since the SP Gogeta Broly banner, and my tickets have been mostly rubbish apart from GT Vegeta.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm

AndyAvenue91 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am
MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:38 am Sadly, I have spent like 2000 crystals on this banner, and yeah, I have got Gohan, he is great, but that's it.
Yeah my luck was terrible when I first went through them. I got up to Step 5 initially with no sparkings (other than the ticket which got me SP Dabura, wasn't happy!) but after that I refuse to fork out more crystals for it. My 100 crystals a day hasn't gotten me anything but the standard hero fighters either, but as you say it's a small win for the price.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the summons recently, I haven't pulled a sparking that wasn't through a ticket since the SP Gogeta Broly banner, and my tickets have been mostly rubbish apart from GT Vegeta.
Same here, had luck with Super Brolli, Super Gogeta and after that I have got only GT Goku, GT Vegeta and SSJ Adult Gohan.
Most SP characters I get trough tickets, got Metal Cooler yesterday.

gantarat

Post by gantarat » Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 am

i have too many skip ticket.
they should can sell it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Even though I still don't have much time to play the game because of work, I like that now I have three teams to use on PVP: Saiyans, Hybrids and Regeneration. This last one could be great if I managed to get Super Perfect Cell, I have Black instead so he can get a boost due Zamasu "Future" tag.

Trying to get PUR SSJ Goten got me really poor on this game, but I got BLU SSJ Gohan that is way better than BLU SSJ2 Trunks to improve by Hybrids team.

I wish I could have more time to do the Events and the Main Story. I mostly try to clear it all, but not all the challenges. I hate Legends Road events as it's impossible for me to farm these characters to 398%.

Still a fun game, can't believe in July will make a year that I'm playing this... I wonder how much longer my outdated celphone will resist :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 19, 2019 2:01 am

Finally got a decent cell phone and so I've been trying this game. Slowly getting used to it, but I can already say it's way more fun than Dokkan Battle! :D

No way in hell I'm gonna catch up on the Story Mode soon, still in Book 6 from part 1... Damn, I want Shallot as Super Saiyan 2 on my table (or rather in my cell phone) now! I also want Bardock but he just won't come, instead, I keep getting the same random ones like Jeice, Guldo and others that I won't use. :(
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:01 am Finally got a decent cell phone and so I've been trying this game. Slowly getting used to it, but I can already say it's way more fun than Dokkan Battle! :D

No way in hell I'm gonna catch up on the Story Mode soon, still in Book 6 from part 1... Damn, I want Shallot as Super Saiyan 2 on my table (or rather in my cell phone) now! I also want Bardock but he just won't come, instead, I keep getting the same random ones like Jeice, Guldo and others that I won't use. :(
Shallot SSJ2 coming soon though, I bet Shallot would have all the SSJ form before Pan get all the SSJ form in SDBH :lol:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu