"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am

Does anyone know if there is an event that is guaranteed to get SP Bardock? It doesn't seem like I'll get him through this summon thing, unfortunately I'm not a lucky person at all.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Well, in comparison to that new event that gives you crystals for beating it, Broly was piece of cake :cry:
Does the weaker characters on bench effect the strong maxed ones you fight with somehow?

Because for blue weakness, I go with all blue team, but I have 3 characters maxed and the rest I don't use are at 2000.
It's brutal. I almost got them Buus, almost :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Hey guys, raising the level cap is gonna make PvE much easier!

*Looks at Challenge Rush* Ooooooff...

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

I don't get it... I did the challenges on the 1st Anniversary Event (Win 15 times with Goku and Vegeta, then 20 with Vegito), but I still would need more 3 LIMITED tickets in order to do a SP summon, are these on the login bonus?

Also That Challenge Rush seems like a beast, it might be impossible to clear without a pretty strong MONO Team.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:22 am

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am I don't get it... I did the challenges on the 1st Anniversary Event (Win 15 times with Goku and Vegeta, then 20 with Vegito), but I still would need more 3 LIMITED tickets in order to do a SP summon, are these on the login bonus?
I don't think there were any on the login bonus, there definitely aren't any coming up that I can see at the minute. My understanding is that you get the other tickets from consecutive summons on the SSB Goku/Vegeta anniversary summons. I spent way too much getting Vegito on the Step Ups so no more tickets for me!
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm

So I've caught up with all the goings on of DBL and here’s what i think of this Ultimate Warrior mystery.

Well, judging from the dialogue from a mystery character we got before the fight against Goku in Part 3, the ultimate warrior is a part of a duo.

Another thing we know is that Turles described the ultimate warrior as someone who “exists neither in the past, nor the future” showing that they have the ability to use time as a tool in their favor. Mainly time travelling.

Finally, going back to the dialogue i first mentioned, the person speaking too the “Ultimate Warrior” said that the “world steeped in combat has infused them with unfathomable streangth.”

All 3 of these dialogues match 2 duos better than any others in DB. Towa x Mira and Zamasu x Black.

The person talking to the Ult Warrior in the first dialogue is either Towa or Zamasu. This would match their articulate and advanced language. Although the language would fit Zamasu more as words like “grand” and “exquisite” are used.

Both duos are known for their usage of time travelling. Even the descriptions for how the Ult Warrior gets more powerful fit both Black and Mira. I’m pretty sure Mira has been references as the Ultimate Warrior or something similar in other DB mediums.

But yeah, I'm convinced its one of those 2 duos.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm So I've caught up with all the goings on of DBL and here’s what i think of this Ultimate Warrior mystery.

Well, judging from the dialogue from a mystery character we got before the fight against Goku in Part 3, the ultimate warrior is a part of a duo.

Another thing we know is that Turles described the ultimate warrior as someone who “exists neither in the past, nor the future” showing that they have the ability to use time as a tool in their favor. Mainly time travelling.

Finally, going back to the dialogue i first mentioned, the person speaking too the “Ultimate Warrior” said that the “world steeped in combat has infused them with unfathomable streangth.”

All 3 of these dialogues match 2 duos better than any others in DB. Towa x Mira and Zamasu x Black.

The person talking to the Ult Warrior in the first dialogue is either Towa or Zamasu. This would match their articulate and advanced language. Although the language would fit Zamasu more as words like “grand” and “exquisite” are used.

Both duos are known for their usage of time travelling. Even the descriptions for how the Ult Warrior gets more powerful fit both Black and Mira. I’m pretty sure Mira has been references as the Ultimate Warrior or something similar in other DB mediums.

The game says Cell is the Ultimate Warrior, even if I'm pretty sure other dialogue doesn't make sense with that conclusion.

He does however qualify under what you've mentioned, being a creature created in this strange amalgamation of timelines, he exists neither in the past, nor the future and he has been infused with unfathomable strength due to getting data and dna from all the participants brought here from different timelines.

What dialogue implies the warrior is part of a duo?

The big thing that throws me off about it being Cell is that most of the dialogue has spoken like the warrior would be coming TO Earth, which doesn't match up with a being created on Earth and has never left.

There's also still the unknown character who put this all together and is holding Shin Hostage. It's not Giblet since, unlike every other time someone meets Giblet and Shallot, Beerus doesn't note Shallot looking like said person. Plus, Giblet does not act like he was responsible for this situation, more just he's taking advantage of the situation for his own ends.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:19 pm So I've caught up with all the goings on of DBL and here’s what i think of this Ultimate Warrior mystery.

The game says Cell is the Ultimate Warrior, even if I'm pretty sure other dialogue doesn't make sense with that conclusion.

He does however qualify under what you've mentioned, being a creature created in this strange amalgamation of timelines, he exists neither in the past, nor the future and he has been infused with unfathomable strength due to getting data and dna from all the participants brought here from different timelines.

What dialogue implies the warrior is part of a duo?

The big thing that throws me off about it being Cell is that most of the dialogue has spoken like the warrior would be coming TO Earth, which doesn't match up with a being created on Earth and has never left.

There's also still the unknown character who put this all together and is holding Shin Hostage. It's not Giblet since, unlike every other time someone meets Giblet and Shallot, Beerus doesn't note Shallot looking like said person. Plus, Giblet does not act like he was responsible for this situation, more just he's taking advantage of the situation for his own ends.
Well, when you considering the first dialogue I mentioned, you had a character that WASN’T the Ultimate Warrior talking to and hyping up the Ultimate Warrior. And at the end of the dialogue, the character talking to the Ult Warrior, after hyping up the Ult Warrior’s power, says:

“my true vengeance is at hand. Now, go forth. Let them know. Let them all know the power of an ultimate warrior!”

This not only gives off a sense that the person talking and the Ult Warrior are in cahoots. But it makes it seem as though the person talking to the Ult Warrior is their master. Or can atleast order them around.

Towa is often portrayed as Mira’s mastered. And, while Zamasu isn’t Black’s master, he was portrayed as the brains of the duo often making the plans.

So, again, either duo fits imo. And Cell isn’t really know to be in duos neither was he ever off of Earth like you said. I highly doubt he’s the Ultimate Warrior.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:20 am

Please put some spoiler tags on these, not everybody had reach that point of story yet.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 am

Interesting video from a youtuber I like featuring Buuhan, Golden Freeza and EX Janema (GGY) as core :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQaM79geXPk

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm

A long awaited feature will come soon on Dragon Ball Legends the possiblity to select all the upgrade boxes and then improve them at once. No more hassle to pick all the boxes, one at a time. :crazy:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 am

You know, not long ago I was praising this game for its roster, but at the same time it's love of Goku variants puts FighterZ to shame. Seriously, Yardrat Goku? Can we at least get Badman Vegeta and driving school Piccolo to make it some kind of set? Movie 10 Goku wasn't that long ago either. We're not far off having a version of SS1 Goku for every colour.

It got me thinking about the viability of some of the big meta tags and how much life they could have in them? I thought there were a few that were out of options, but if we're counting costumes and eras, just about every tag has something left to draw on.

Disregarding Saiyans, which will never die, what have we got?

Android: Classic 17 just got a buff and 14 and 15 have been revealed. Presumably 13 will come with them, he can be split into normal and Super versions. They haven't given us any OG Dragon Ball units in a while, but 8 would be a good candidate if they do. Super 17 and 17 from Super are givens, and they could give us tracksuit 18 to go with him too. If they wanted to get fancy they could add 21, which leads us to...

Female Warriors: The latest story update had Kakunsa and Rosie as Extreme units, so it's only a matter of time before they get added. They could have good synergy with Ribrianne, which I would be all for. Zangya's another likely candidate, most likely another Extreme. They could also add Bra once they go back to GT. The big one to look out for for will be Kefla, and potentially alternate versions of Caulifla and Kale (base Kale as an Extreme, SS2/"controlled" as another Sparking springs to mind).

Fusion Warriors: This is going to be the team where damn near every unit will be "premium". Kefla will fit in here too, and the new SSB Goku and Vegeta will pave the way for those versions of Vegetto and Gogeta. There's also Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta and Merged Zamasu, who could have "halo" and "half-corrupted" variants. He's going to be a crazy one- Fusion, Regeneration, God Ki and Future all in one. The only possible Extreme candidate I can think of would be Kibito Kai.

God Ki: On that note, Zamasu already counts as God Ki, meaning they could add other Kais to fill out some support roles in this team. I doubt we'll get any outside Universe 7, but Supreme, North and possibly Grand are all viable. We'll probably get Champa and Vados to go with Beerus and Whis. Obviously SSR Goku Black, other versions of SSB Goku, Vegeta and their fusions will be big draws and Ultra Instinct Goku will be massive. This team can only go up.

Lineage of Evil: Golden Freeza seems like the be-all, end-all, but they could still go back and add King Cold and Mecha Freeza. That would be smart given we're getting Yardrat Goku. They've done every version of Cooler unless they go spelunking for his Heroes forms. Frost could do with a Sparking version, and "Halo Freeza" could come in fourth and Golden form varieties as well.

Regeneration: This team still has some untapped potential. Obviously Kid Buu is the last big boss left to go from Z, but they could maybe squeeze out Buutenks and Buuccolo as well. After that, you have Zamasu, Baby, Omega Shenron, and possibly Garlic Jr if they want to go that route.

Sagas: Speaking of, I was going to say Jr's the last big Sagas character left apart from Wheelo (they probably won't do Hirudegarn, but they could do Tapion) until I remembered Bio-Broly. Would Bio-Broly count as regeneration?

Hybrid: Actually not a lot of these guys left I can think of. The only form missing is Rage Trunks, apart from that it's all costumes. GT Goten, Tracksuit Gohan, Bra as I mentioned before. Am I missing any big examples?

Baby, Omega Shenron, Hit and Jiren are going to be huge draws and there aren't any existing "teams" they could easily fit into at the moment. So let's make some.

Default Baby is a regen, but the one everyone's waiting for is Baby Vegeta, who would be wasted as just another Saiyan. So make him a Machine Mutant, add the other versions of him and Rildo, and you have a team. Maybe throw in Giru and Dr Myuu as well.

Universe 6 is similar: right now the only worthwhile one is SS Cabba, since Caulifla and Kale are focused on female warriors. Add new versions of them, plus Frost, Botamo, Magetta, Champa, Vados and the Namekians and you'll have a good crew to build around Hit. Probably not Dr Rota, his ability would be too OP.

I just thought of something fun: Bota-Magetta as a U6/Fused Warrior. Best tank in the game. They could even do it as an April Fool's. Coming soon, the Ultimate Fused Fighter from Universe 6!

I see Shadow Dragons and Universe 11as being similar: a core team of three powerful Sparkings (Omega/Nuova/Eis and Jiren/Toppo/Dyspo) and a bunch of the lesser Dragons/Pride Troopers as supports to buff them. Nearly all of them have alternate forms as well: Syn/Omega, Nuova's powered-up version, Shirtless Jiren, GoD Toppo, Lightspeed Dyspo. You could do some fun stuff with them.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 am

Kataphrut wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 am Obviously SSR Goku Black
Even though he'll obviously get Godki tag it would make perfect sense imo if his Z buffs Future team.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:37 pm

Kataphrut I loved reading your post :clap: because you got some smooth transition between each things that comes up into your mind and that's makes me please ♥

Though you forgot to mention Ledgic that they can add, as well as well as cardinal mutchy mutchy or the Para Brothers. You have aside Universe 11, Universe 6 and Universe 2 all the remaining warriors from the ToP from each univers like Ganos or Bergamo damn that will be crazy. And let's not forget Super Dragon Ball Heroes that have a plethora of warriors too.

Android: Super 17 18 Absorbed, Super 17 Cell Absorbed. Does Tao Pai Pai can be considered an android once he got "robotized" ?

Speaking of Android how about a bunch of Red Ribbon army soldier like Staff Officer Black or Colonel Silver or General Blue, why not Hasky and Colonel violet and they are female character too speaking of which.

Female Warriors: You can have also Princess Snake, Lanfan, Annin the guardian of the sacred Furnace of Eight Divisions. I forgot Cheelai too as well as Lunch we didn't have her yet as well as West Kaioshin or Mamba from the GT 100 Years movie which lead to...

Hybrid Saiyan: with Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr. They can add also Tekka and Pinich would be crazy if that game is a tie in for Dragon Ball Fusions plot. Speaking of exclusif game character ...

... Let's not forget that they can add also Hatchiyack that would count maybe as a Regen and Movie villain. Majin Ozotto from the exclusif game Dragon Ball Z: V.R.V.S. with his shapeshifting power his meta would be nice. Also since he is a Majin I could see him be a nice partnair for Majin Buu. Fun fact he would finally have made it in a game called Legends since he was scheduled to appear in Dragon Ball Z: The Legend but got cut because of time constraints. 8)

We are in for a long running game that will not ran out of characters soon. HOLY SMOKING TOLEDOS !!! :o

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:04 pm

I can't f**king believe they made another Legends Road event (the one I dislike most as I hate farming) for freaking YARDRAT GOKU, my f**king GOD... Another SUPER SAIYAN GOKU on the roster, how idiotic is that?

About Book 5 - Chapter 8:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:04 am

Lol yeah, another SSJ Goku is not exactly what this game needs lol... His green card is totally crap too, at least on the paper. Problem with SSJ teams is the crits are random so you don't have control over the damage you do, and without the crits SSJ team is meh...
Noah wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:04 pm I can't f**king believe they made another Legends Road event (the one I dislike most as I hate farming)
Just use them skip tickets mate

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:24 am

Noah I don't have any problem with the story thus far, at least SSJ2 Shallot and SSJ Kyabe were build up unlike Gohan SSJ2 in the actual manga/anime.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:57 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 am
Kataphrut wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:05 am Obviously SSR Goku Black
Even though he'll obviously get Godki tag it would make perfect sense imo if his Z buffs Future team.
Good point. I just checked the existing Goku Black and that's what he buffs.

Future's a weird one. They were pushing it hard not long ago, but I feel like every prospective unit left would be better off on another team. It's like how there are a crap load of Saiyans but very few are designed for "Saiyan teams".

It's like I said, Black can go God ki, Trunks can go hybrid, we've already got Cell and Zamasu for regen, Mai for female warriors. Merged Zamasu is going to have to Z buff like four different groups depending how they handle him.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 am

Future can be very strong but it's been a while they didn't release a new unit. I have my hopes for Rosé giving a nice boost to Future. Regen still there thanks to Buuhan. Even though Cell and Zamasu are strong enough with less than 5 stars as core units, I rather use them respectively in Android and Future. People don't play Android much but they are very strong, mostly thanks to Cell. Now they got an up with SP 17 recent buffs. I think there is many viable teams right now even though Fusion and Godki are dominant, and agree Future is the one currently lacking.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am

So the original Super Saiyan colors for the widget and starting screen are back. I figured the Super Saiyan Blue colors were going to stay, or at least be replaced Ultra Instinct colors somewhere down the line. But now that they're done with the SSB Goku / Vegeta banners, they're back to the way they were before.