"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 am So, the current story can be summed up as: Shallot and Caulifla in - 'What is love?' and 'I wanna know what love is!'
Maybe people will finally stop with the Goku x Caulifla fan art. Nah. Who am I kidding. Now they'll do both. lol

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am
Kanassa wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 am So, the current story can be summed up as: Shallot and Caulifla in - 'What is love?' and 'I wanna know what love is!'
Maybe people will finally stop with the Goku x Caulifla fan art.
I could only hope.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:17 am

What is love baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more ♪

Yeah, yeah, (woah-woah-woah, oh, oh)
(Woah-woah-woah, oh, oh) ♪

:mrgreen:

I am a bit bummed by the Master Pack 3 I thought they will put all characters they have release so far in this Master Pack (minus the one you have to unlock and boost through event) :problem:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:15 pm

Now, that I quitted my job, finally have more time to play this!

Completing the hard mode of the story part 3, so as Immortal Vegeta event, scream mode Freeza event, normal Cabba event, earned me a generous portion of Chrono Crystals.

Also those Battle 50-100 events. Wish I could complete all seven challenges in both, but some were really impossible (especially those who require a certain time to finish the match).

Now that Rush Challenges are back I might have a try on these difficult ones.

Got lucky yesterday to get LF GRN SSJ3 Goku as he's now the strongest character in the game and will be a fine addition to my Son Family team.
PsionicWarrior wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 am Because they're old and still popular characters from the series, in this game when units get too old their stats don't catch up anymore.

Well, that's why they often do those Character Balance Changes, do you remember how shitty was RED SP SSJ Vegeta? Now he's stronger than RED SP Super Gogeta.

And happy to use Zamasu and Cell again, that's two units able to counter RR, and team heavy on defense types dealing great damage and healing.
Here is the team, the strongest one at that time. Now FF is tearing it to shreds hehehe
Wow, you lucky bastard :lol:

I bet ya got Super Vegetto at least twice to have him with 4-Stars. Do ya know if it is possible to get him in the normal "Legends returns" banner? Or he's locked on the tickets just like his debut banner?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:19 am

I had 6000 crystals saved up for the Kid Buu banner (figured it had to be coming soon) and a further 1000 on the new adventure rewards, plus a couple of the old challenge rushes (the colour ones are pretty manageable now with some of the new units). The result? Jack shit.

I've had a pretty good run with the Legends Limiteds so far - still no FSK Gohan, but I got Vegetto and You Fool-ku, and I have Goten and Beerus at 4 stars. Doesn't look like I'll be seeing Bomb-ku anytime soon. Or Kid Buu for that matter- the rates on this step-up are atrocious. You have a 1.25% chance of drawing a new unit- 1 for Kid Buu, 0.25 for Goku. Buu is 15% on tickets, but of course I got another Goten instead.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 am

Noah wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:15 pmWell, that's why they often do those Character Balance Changes, do you remember how shitty was RED SP SSJ Vegeta? Now he's stronger than RED SP Super Gogeta.
I don't find the balance changes to be "often" but yeah. Red gogeta is not that bad though, no one brings him out of the bench anymore because red vegito but I tried him out recently in SSJ team and I was actually pleasantly surprised.

That green card animation is so good too. :D
Wow, you lucky bastard :lol:

I bet ya got Super Vegetto at least twice to have him with 4-Stars. Do ya know if it is possible to get him in the normal "Legends returns" banner? Or he's locked on the tickets just like his debut banner?
It's 5 stars mate. :mrgreen: It was crazy. I had a bunch of ccs saved for anniversary and I didn't even want him! I kept chasing god ki units but SV kept dropping, again and again. :lol: I don't remember how often but definitely more than twice. I kept reading some players ranting who used twice or more the amount of ccs I used and they didn't get a single copy. Would have been better off playing the lottery this day lol

I got a strong god ki team now, but I find current movies to be better with these ust units man they're stronger than legends limited wtf
I'm not sure but I think all LL are behind tickets, maybe someone can confirm this?

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:01 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am
Maybe people will finally stop with the Goku x Caulifla fan art.
I could only hope.
Finally caught up on this story mode, my biggest takeaway from it is that Caulifla and Chi Chi got on really well. I feel like everyone in the fanbase assumed they'd hate each other.

I'm loving where we're at with story content for this game though. You've got young Chi Chi meeting her future son, Power of Love lessons from the Ribrianne trio including a fight with "enemy of all womenkind" Master Roshi, and CauliflaxKale shippiness coming in for the save against Babidi possession. If Goku had just told Majin Vegeta he loved him and given him a pat on the head, the Buu saga would have been a lot shorter.

If that weren't enough, now we have a sidestory involving Young Nappa With Hair getting hit by a car and babysitting Goten and Trunks. His Z ability buffs Saiyans, but his unique ability buffs Vegetas and kids. For a Dragon Ball-themed fruit machine, this game is putting the others to shame with its fanservice.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Frankly story mode wise this game give me a good amount of laughter and I love also how they interconnected the side story with Young Nappa as well as Vegetto fighting Goku and Vegeta Blue into the main story with Shallot.

On a side note I think this game as improved a bit too for earning CC I feel it's a lil easier than before to increase your amount and do summon.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:53 pm

After Budokais, Shin Budokais, Xenoverse and FighterZ, I am so bored by stories made with the same characters.
I was hyped for Shallot and Giblet, but it was somehow underwhelming in the end, the dark ki is Babidi's doing...
All the interactions are fan what ifs with nothing groundbreaking.
I would love something new.

On the other hand, went for the Vegetto mission as I have now all the boost characters (except for Whis!!!)
and damn, Mission 100 is such f**kfest that it will be doable after another Level cap!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:01 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:45 pmOn a side note I think this game as improved a bit too for earning CC I feel it's a lil easier than before to increase your amount and do summon.
Bear in mind we're currently in a big celebration I don't think it's going to stay this way forever. But in general, the game is rather generous on free ccs. You can't have all teams with 5 stars as free player of course but if it was the case the game would just die because no profit.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:42 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:01 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:45 pmOn a side note I think this game as improved a bit too for earning CC I feel it's a lil easier than before to increase your amount and do summon.
Bear in mind we're currently in a big celebration I don't think it's going to stay this way forever. But in general, the game is rather generous on free ccs. You can't have all teams with 5 stars as free player of course but if it was the case the game would just die because no profit.
Yeah, that's one reason I've stuck around for this game. When the game launched, they had a lot of bugs and kinks to work out. If the servers had to go down for even five minutes to fix something, they'd send a message to everyone: "Sorry about that. Here's 100 ccs."

The option to buy stuff is there, but I've never felt too much pressure to spend money. Practically every other mobile game is constantly trying to get you to pay to unlock a chest, or to unlock a character, or to get energy so you can keep playing, or to be able to compete with other players who paid for superior gear. This game has none of that crap.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:09 pm

It's very generous with skip tickets and energy tickets as well. I don't the use the latter often since I usually just log in to do the daily missions and maybe chip away at story and challenge missions. I'm grateful for the current young Nappa missions with those nine skippable Z-power missions a day, gives me something simple to burn them on.

Also since my last but one post I have managed to get both Kid Buu and Bombku. I'm continuing my trend of only getting one unit on the UST banners. I have Full Power Bojacks and transforming Coolers for days, no SS2 Gohans or transforming Freezas. It's weird, i still don't have any of the SS2 Gohans- this version, the out-of-date purple one or the still incredibly powerful centrepiece of about 12 different teams Legends Limited red one.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:17 pm

I think the story so far even though it's a rehash is quite good with all the twists we are given.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 pm

You know, Legends had been lovely with Chrono Crystals latety... I'm with 12k CC and don't feel like to spend much on the recent banner. Got lucky to have the new PUR Coola at four stars, so he's now a fine addition to a MONO Team I could potentially use.

But, on the counterpart they are being ridiculous with the recent LEGENDS ROAD events... I mean for realsies, Young Nappa? Who the hell would care to farm for this character? And then next they come with SSJ (Teen) Gohan which would be okay if he at least had his Saiyaman outfit, but NO! He's exactly like his SP BLU counterpart! :lol:

For f**k's sake Bandai, can you at least be creative? I mean they could swap just fine "Young" Nappa for Base Broly (tap-transform) and SSJ (Teen) Gohan could be the same, but with his Saiyaman outfit and tap-transform to SSJ2.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 pm You know, Legends had been lovely with Chrono Crystals latety... I'm with 12k CC and don't feel like to spend much on the recent banner. Got lucky to have the new PUR Coola at four stars, so he's now a fine addition to a MONO Team I could potentially use.

But, on the counterpart they are being ridiculous with the recent LEGENDS ROAD events... I mean for realsies, Young Nappa? Who the hell would care to farm for this character? And then next they come with SSJ (Teen) Gohan which would be okay if he at least had his Saiyaman outfit, but NO! He's exactly like his SP BLU counterpart! :lol:

For f**k's sake Bandai, can you at least be creative? I mean they could swap just fine "Young" Nappa for Base Broly (tap-transform) and SSJ (Teen) Gohan could be the same, but with his Saiyaman outfit and tap-transform to SSJ2.
I famed the Young Nappa, he looks cool and loved his personnality during this little story :D Beside it's a sparking. As for Gohan this is the Gohan SSJ during his training with Goten who throw rocks before the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai. For each moment in the history of Dragon Ball we will have a character representing an image of him during a specific time frame. Which makes this game a bonkers game. :crazy:

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:07 pm

I love Young Nappa, he was a fun fanservicey character in the vein of baseball Yamcha a while back, and he's pretty useful for a free unit as well.

The game is definitely getting lazier with its unit releases. Everyone knows new characters/forms are the big draws (pretty sure Goku Black Rose is the next big one) but it's the ones like this new Gohan, or the new Freeza and Cooler who have the exact same moves and animations, just with different effects that scream laziness. They just end up seeming like filler. At least the news USTs are a little bit more original: Tapion and Minus Bardock.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 am

Well that new Legends Road Gohan is amazing. His main, his green cards, his passive, everything is great. Card draw speed, buffs to him and all allies, substitution count reduction... For a free character, this is a great gift from the devs. I highly recommend anyone to farm him and max him out.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 am Well that new Legends Road Gohan is amazing. His main, his green cards, his passive, everything is great. Card draw speed, buffs to him and all allies, substitution count reduction... For a free character, this is a great gift from the devs. I highly recommend anyone to farm him and max him out.
Thanks for telling me, will do!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:00 am Well that new Legends Road Gohan is amazing. His main, his green cards, his passive, everything is great. Card draw speed, buffs to him and all allies, substitution count reduction... For a free character, this is a great gift from the devs. I highly recommend anyone to farm him and max him out.
Blue Pan and Red SS2 Gohan are some of my most powerful characters right now. Combined with the new Gohan, that make for a powerful team. Might have to test out a Hybrid Saiyan team in PvP.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:26 pm

Wow, so pretty soon we'll be going from v1.4 directly to v2.0, hope I can catch up on all the new stuff