"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 am

Tbh from now on I am only doing the story meanwhile I'll just save chrono cristal until a banner got my real interest.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:00 am

I was lucky enough to get the new Black on my first ticket summon, so I'm probably done. I don't have a great future team, but his kit is so stylish and fun that he has inspired me to work on one. I just love the transformation sequence.

I know they always give the new units ridiculous stat increases for the raid/co-op boss, but his damage is just something else altogether. It feels like I'm just immediately tearing down the shield after maybe 4 cards and the boss is dead in less than a minute, and this is at 2 stars. Crazy.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:32 am

I have all my characters at level 5000, all with their soul boosts completed. Only thing left is to limit break and zenkai boost. I had so much extra energy and skip tickets, I was able to get Raditz to the max zenkai level, and it didn't even make a dent. So yeah. I'm struggling to find things to spend all these energy and skip tickets on. lol

User avatar
MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5013
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:02 am

The last update made me to uninstall the game after years of playing since launch... too much time consuming and redundant when playing now and I am not even excited for the Summons of new rehashed characters :(

But it was the only mobile game, I enjoyed for such long time, so props for that!
It is just too time consuming for a creative guy, having lot of work and enjoy real life...
if the game was for two clicks and like put it on for 20 minutes in traffic, but also, the constant updating and downloading was hard on mobile data as well.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Damn! Such a pain in ass to clear all the five challengues in Goku Black Battle 51, but I did it! It was really satifying, too bad we didn't get any decent reward for it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 am

So we're getting our first Goku/Vegeta (DBZ Movie 6) combo unit soon. I suspect it's going to be the Black Friday banner this year. Hard to imagine they do another Goku Black unit so close to this transforming one that just came out.

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 am

Kodoshin wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 am
So we're getting our first Goku/Vegeta (DBZ Movie 6) combo unit soon. I suspect it's going to be the Black Friday banner this year. Hard to imagine they do another Goku Black unit so close to this transforming one that just came out.
Not to mention it's hard to come up with any new moveset for Black now. It's not like he showed much. Maybe they could give him a permanent scythe to attack with, but doubtful.

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:49 am

Xeogran wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 am
Kodoshin wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 am
So we're getting our first Goku/Vegeta (DBZ Movie 6) combo unit soon. I suspect it's going to be the Black Friday banner this year. Hard to imagine they do another Goku Black unit so close to this transforming one that just came out.
Not to mention it's hard to come up with any new moveset for Black now. It's not like he showed much. Maybe they could give him a permanent scythe to attack with, but doubtful.
Yeah. I figure if we get another Goku Black unit it'll have to be an LL with some incredibly fancy scythe work. Obviously it won't be anytime soon. I guess they could do corrupted Zamasu for Black Friday. As for me? I'm banking on it being SSBE Vegeta. Hoarding crystals right now (about 10k at the moment). Thinking it over I think those movie units will probably be the last banner before BF.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Regular
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Why don't they use any characters from Heroes or Fusions?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:45 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 pm
Why don't they use any characters from Heroes or Fusions?
They're probably have to eventually, or else they'll run out of characters pretty soon.

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 pm
Why don't they use any characters from Heroes or Fusions?
Patience is virtue they will eventually got to heroes and fusions.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1732
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Is there any summary of the story of this?

This some cross time tournament or soemthing random characters show up? The main character is an ancient Saiyan who's revealed to be like cumbers brother the original ssgods brother or something?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:51 pm

TobyS wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:44 pm
Is there any summary of the story of this?

This some cross time tournament or soemthing random characters show up? The main character is an ancient Saiyan who's revealed to be like cumbers brother the original ssgods brother or something?
tags:
Honestly through the first arc I thought the story was going to be terrible, but I've actually been pleasantly surprised for what basically amounts to universal crossover fanfiction.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Man, didn't like much these new units and Zenkais coming up...


I mean Trio Of Danger are kinda neat characters, but don't spark my interest on spending CC on them, the only character that was interested in to have Zenkai Awaken was SSJ Bardock though he serves more purpose with another blue, that that is LF Namek Goku and for god's sake the memes in Legends Reddit are hilarious about it, I do recommend to check it out.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:26 am

So the new SSJ Vegeta and Metal Cooler units that dropped last night have some incredible animations, and their kits seem great too. Cooler especially seems to have a lot of teams he can be effectively slotted into, but I'm too nervous to go in on this banner so close to Black Friday.

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2304
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm

Got Dyspo, Toppo and Jiren, but sadly no luck with Ultra Instinct Goku =(
Can't have everything huh

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm
Got Dyspo, Toppo and Jiren, but sadly no luck with Ultra Instinct Goku =(
Can't have everything huh
Same for me. I got Dyspo to 6 stars and Jiren/Toppo to 3, but not UI. I did manage to pull that new EX Freeza as well, but I don't really run a LoE team. I have about 13k CC left but I need to use a big chunk of it on that Zenkai banner for Beerus coming up in a few days.

Feels like we are in a weird spot right now. We know this celebration is running through the end of the year so we are almost certain to see another big banner release during this time frame. Not sure if I should go in on this banner with my leftover CC, hold, or just invest it in a sure thing and Zenkai the blue SSGSS Goku that went up a week or so ago.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1002
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 am

I'm surprised how long they held off for Ultra Instinct. The team behind Dragon Ball Heroes couldn't wait to use Ultra Instinct, but for Legends, they had restraint and built up their roster almost every other fighter in the series.

Ultra Instinct Sign (I thought it was Omen?) Goku and Jiren both seem OP as HFIL. Goku with his new special meter that allows him to automatically dodge tap attacks, strike arts, and blast arts. And Jiren, with almost all of his skills giving him blast armor. How do you even fight these guys?

User avatar
Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:27 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 am
I'm surprised how long they held off for Ultra Instinct. The team behind Dragon Ball Heroes couldn't wait to use Ultra Instinct, but for Legends, they had restraint and built up their roster almost every other fighter in the series.

Ultra Instinct Sign (I thought it was Omen?) Goku and Jiren both seem OP as HFIL. Goku with his new special meter that allows him to automatically dodge tap attacks, strike arts, and blast arts. And Jiren, with almost all of his skills giving him blast armor. How do you even fight these guys?
I think it's going to take players a bit to wrap their heads around how to actually take advantage of UI. The auto-dodge thing only activates when he's both still and not stuck in recovery from other acts, and as such, most of the players I've run into with the character aren't properly taking advantage of him as they are just playing him like any other character. In the wrong hands he's not that much of a problem as he's very fragile.

Jiren's blast armor shtick is great, but also I love how he can deny cover rescue. Against him I've been using mainly lame defensive play and baiting tactics. I feel like he's way more of a problem to deal with than UI is in the hands of an average player.

User avatar
Thani
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Thani » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:28 am

Same here, I got Jiren, Dyspo and Toppo (and Kefla for good measure!) and, honestly? I'm loving them. Wasn't really hyped to roll for them all, but I'm having fun. Sadly, no UI Goku yet (and probably won't roll again, gonna wait for Goku Blanco I think).
Kodoshin wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:51 pm
TobyS wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:44 pm
Is there any summary of the story of this?

This some cross time tournament or soemthing random characters show up? The main character is an ancient Saiyan who's revealed to be like cumbers brother the original ssgods brother or something?
tags:
Honestly through the first arc I thought the story was going to be terrible, but I've actually been pleasantly surprised for what basically amounts to universal crossover fanfiction.
Agreed, but as far as the story goes, I think it's worth mentioning that

Post Reply