"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Okay, so why does Dyspo have his Japanese voice? I'm used to XV2 screwing up the English voices every time they release an update, but not Legends.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:41 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:06 pm Okay, so why does Dyspo have his Japanese voice? I'm used to XV2 screwing up the English voices every time they release an update, but not Legends.
They Tweeted that his English voice would be dubbed later. Probably had trouble getting the actor in- there is a pandemic after all..

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:29 am

They should add more ways to get CC because after you do most of the event missions there's little to do left :yawn:

Ultra Space Time Rush should be updated to 10 floors at least, people have a lot of characters now yet they shortened it instead for no reason.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:49 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:29 am They should add more ways to get CC because after you do most of the event missions there's little to do left :yawn:

Ultra Space Time Rush should be updated to 10 floors at least, people have a lot of characters now yet they shortened it instead for no reason.
They shortened the rush because players were unhappy with how long it was. I'm glad they did because crushing those weak enemy parties on the lower levels was tedious. What would be cool is if they brought back that rush champions event from a few months ago. That event had some crazy rewards but was truly difficult as well.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:58 pm

I like that Legends has kept Super Saiyan God relevant longer than the anime did. I don't know what Toriyama was thinking making Super Saiyan Blue so soon after Super Saiyan God. The poor transformation was made obsolete almost as soon as it appeared. But fortunately, the manga and the games have done their part to give the red form some more time to shine.

Given where the story is right now, it seems like it might end with Shallot getting Super Saiyan Blue for the final battle. Who knows what they'll do after that. Will they expand the story with a new threat? Have some what-if scenarios with match ups they couldn't have in the main story, and maybe some additional transformations for Shallot as a reward?

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:04 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:58 pm I like that Legends has kept Super Saiyan God relevant longer than the anime did. I don't know what Toriyama was thinking making Super Saiyan Blue so soon after Super Saiyan God. The poor transformation was made obsolete almost as soon as it appeared. But fortunately, the manga and the games have done their part to give the red form some more time to shine.

Given where the story is right now, it seems like it might end with Shallot getting Super Saiyan Blue for the final battle. Who knows what they'll do after that. Will they expand the story with a new threat? Have some what-if scenarios with match ups they couldn't have in the main story, and maybe some additional transformations for Shallot as a reward?
On another note, it looks like we are getting a new free unit at tomorrow's reset. Coat Vegeta from the DBS Broly movie is being added to the game. Who knows maybe we'll get coat Goku too? Sure makes Gogeta Blue seem like an inevitability.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:28 pm

About recent updates: don't know why waste a SP character on green jacket Base Vegeta from BR movie, but that's Legends for ya
Xeogran wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 pm Got Dyspo, Toppo and Jiren, but sadly no luck with Ultra Instinct Goku =(
Can't have everything huh
We are on the same boat, mate. Probably have already spend it 10k CC on this banner and still didn't got UI Goku.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:50 pm

Yeah, Goku and Vegeta didn't even fight in their jackets. Those came off as soon as the battle started. Kinda silly, but this game needs any excuse it can get for more characters.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:01 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:50 pm Yeah, Goku and Vegeta didn't even fight in their jackets. Those came off as soon as the battle started. Kinda silly, but this game needs any excuse it can get for more characters.
I figure that's why he is a free unit. They really are trying to squeeze every last drop out of this movie. I wonder if we'll get a companion Goku later in the celebration or if they save that for next year.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:09 am

DARN YOU LEGENDS! I should have know better that jacket Vegeta was a foreshadowing of what was yet to come: GOGETA BLUE!

And I don't have enough CC to spend it on him, sh*t! Not only on him, but also this new Broly! I'm still trying to get UI Goku! Man, I guess I got f*ck up real good in these lastest banners, should have saved for this.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:13 pm

I noticed Broly sounds VERY different now. I guess they got someone else to stand in for the previous voice actor since...you know. But whoever did his new voice sounds nothing like the Broly I'm used to. Surely there's someone who could do a closer imitation of Broly's previous voice.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:28 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:13 pm I noticed Broly sounds VERY different now. I guess they got someone else to stand in for the previous voice actor since...you know. But whoever did his new voice sounds nothing like the Broly I'm used to. Surely there's someone who could do a closer imitation of Broly's previous voice.
It’s Johnny Yong Bosch. He’s currently the new voice for Broly. The first time he voiced him was in fighterz when Broly from DBS was released
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:28 am

Naruto6583 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:28 am It’s Johnny Yong Bosch. He’s currently the new voice for Broly. The first time he voiced him was in fighterz when Broly from DBS was released
Ugh. It's going to take a long time to get used to that voice. Don't know what he sounds like when he's actually talking, but his yells are too high pitched, IMO.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:31 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:28 am
Naruto6583 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:28 am It’s Johnny Yong Bosch. He’s currently the new voice for Broly. The first time he voiced him was in fighterz when Broly from DBS was released
Ugh. It's going to take a long time to get used to that voice. Don't know what he sounds like when he's actually talking, but his yells are too high pitched, IMO.
I'm sorry, I'll never stop thinking "Damn, Lelouch got buff." every time I see Broly now.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Well, just put it in japanese, is not that hard and the voices are better.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Anyone else think Shallot will get SS4 or Blue this next story?

also what are your guesses on who The Mastermind could be? mine is:
1. Fu
2. Majin Ozotto
3. Zahha

I don't think the story is ending anytime soon...

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:11 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:21 pm Anyone else think Shallot will get SS4 or Blue this next story?

also what are your guesses on who The Mastermind could be? mine is:
1. Fu
2. Majin Ozotto
3. Zahha

I don't think the story is ending anytime soon...
Shallot is definitely getting Blue form soon, although he may get SS4 later as an alternative.

No idea who the mastermind is. I thought it was Zahha. After all, he's an original character we cannot obtain, and we know very little about him. But I'm not sure that makes sense anymore. They may just be a new villain we've never heard of.

I don't think it's Fu. While he has the powers to do this, and the motivation to do all this just for the heck of it, I don't feel like they have the same personality. Maybe that's just me. I'm also not sure if Fu really needs help from the Dragon Balls to set up a multi-era arena like this. He's able to travel through time freely, and even take others with him.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:40 pm

So a fair number of days have passed since the big banners dropped. How has it gone for everyone so far? My main team is God Ki so I was prepared to go in hard for Gogeta Blue, but I lucked out and got him on step two. I had a legends limited multi-z power in storage so I used it to get him to three stars and moved on to the Broly banner. Haven't had any luck getting Broly, but I got the new Freeza enough times to have him at 7 stars. I also managed to take my Burgamo from 3 stars to 8.

I have to admit that I'm just a touch underwhelmed with GB. Still like the unit a lot, but I think Champa has a good case to stay in the lineup over him on my God Ki team as I have constructed it. I only have Champa at 6 stars right now, but at that level he's still better than GB defensively and I like his kit more. I think the more practical green card that lets you destroy dragon balls combined with the way he reduces allies sub counts while eating a combo makes him more valuable than GB for me. Finally I like how Champa holds two blast cards since most of God Ki is a very blast oriented tag while GB has both strike and blast in reserve. It'd be a different story if I had GB at say 6 stars, but I'd need a crazy amount of luck to get him that many times more (especially when I don't want to draw on his banner which pales next to the Broly banner). He's just too squishy at this level. All that said, GB is still a ton of fun to run, and that's the most important thing.

You guys out there who got Broly, what do you think of him in terms of his fit on your team? What type of team are you running him on? Movies? SSJ? Something else?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:02 pm

I can't believe that someone reserved like me ended up falling into the despair that creators of these gacha games expect you to do. All of that trying to get that stupid UI Omen Goku, got the Pride Troopers at almost seven star both at least, but I had times while I was at low mere 7 CCs... what a heck, finally this banner will leave next week so I can at least try to save some crystals.

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:04 am

Been a while since my last post here, but today something happened. I awoke to find my guild master had left and transferred his authority to me. We are a top 10% guild as of now, but we approach the game very casually. Anyone who just plays is welcome and there is absolutely no pressure. I purged a lot of people who haven't played for a month+ and opened up some slots. Any and all who would like to join are welcome. The guild code is dn5m3fuh