"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:38 am

True. OG Dragon Ball series has a lot of characters not in Legends yet. As far as I'm aware, Pilaf and his gang don't have representation. Then there's the king of standing completely still for several episodes, Eighter. The Super manga continues to give us new content as well, with Moro and others to pick from.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:30 am

A couple of weeks ago we had this huge update that I didn't seem impressive to me at all... A little visual stuff, having the option to haste adventures by spending CCs (who the hell would do that lol), Ultra Goku was nice, but I don't how to feel about another unit beyond SP, also grinding it is boring as hell... Why the use of Rare Medals?

Anyway, got lucky to get the new Hit that helped me a lot in the Extreme Freeza battle in the Co-Op event, we finally got a new LF for GT units, but I'm not really invested by it, Legends 3rd anniversary is next month so I need to save some CCs.

About the story so far...
Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:10 amI don't think the devs have something forbidding them from making what if forms. They've created their own characters to use (Shallot and Zahha), have used a character from other Dragon Ball games that don't exist in the series (Android 21 and her forms. And considering Dimps also made Xenoverse, they've used Demigra, Fuu and Super Saiyan 3 Bardock), and I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking some Heroes characters sooner or later. I'd say it's more a question of if they think such forms would be marketable enough at the moment when they have other characters (or the same one with new moments to take from) still to make into Units.

Same with most of the other Dragon Ball games, it's not a question of 'if' they can do it, but if they need to when Dragon Ball already has a huge cast of characters to pull from.
Giving my 2 cents here: I really hope they don't. I mean Heroes stuff should keep it on Heroes. Don't know how I would feel about a banner with SSJ3 Bardock or SSJ4 Vegetto, ugh.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 am

Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:30 am Giving my 2 cents here: I really hope they don't. I mean Heroes stuff should keep it on Heroes. Don't know how I would feel about a banner with SSJ3 Bardock or SSJ4 Vegetto, ugh.
I mean, it's not like a commercial game with limited slots that said characters would be taking up, so what would be your problem with what if forms existing in the game? Why would you actively hope against it? It doesn't affect anything.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:29 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 am
Noah wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:30 am Giving my 2 cents here: I really hope they don't. I mean Heroes stuff should keep it on Heroes. Don't know how I would feel about a banner with SSJ3 Bardock or SSJ4 Vegetto, ugh.
I mean, it's not like a commercial game with limited slots that said characters would be taking up, so what would be your problem with what if forms existing in the game? Why would you actively hope against it? It doesn't affect anything.
I can see where he's coming from. We are missing so many units not only from original DB and even from Z (seriously how do we not have a transforming Zarbon at this point?) that reaching all the way out to Heroes with so much ground to still cover on bedrock stuff like that, and even GT, seems a bit soon.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 pm

Everybody forgets that SS3 Bardock is already a thing. Pretty sure that wasn't in any of the movies. lol

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:35 pm

Kodoshin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:29 pm
I can see where he's coming from. We are missing so many units not only from original DB and even from Z (seriously how do we not have a transforming Zarbon at this point?) that reaching all the way out to Heroes with so much ground to still cover on bedrock stuff like that, and even GT, seems a bit soon.
Would much rather play as Hearts, Putine, Cumber, Xeno Pan, Towa, Fu, Mechikabura, any of the Dragon Ball Heroes avatar characters, etc. way before playing as a transformable Zarbon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 pm

But he's not saying 'I hope we don't drag them in while we still have others to use', he's saying 'I hope they never come in at all'

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:35 pm

Would much rather play as Hearts, Putine, Cumber, Xeno Pan, Towa, Fu, Mechikabura, any of the Dragon Ball Heroes avatar characters, etc. way before playing as a transformable Zarbon.
He was just one example, but I'd much rather have any number of Red Ribbon characters, (Purple especially he could have an insane kit) Garlic Jr. and his minions, Piccolo Daimao's minions, various Tenkaichi Budokai entrants including Jackie Chun, Pilaf in a mech with his subordinates, Baba's champions, and a whole host of other characters before even glancing at Heroes. Not sure what the point of this is, but there you go.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:42 am

Okay, so to me, any character who isn't the CaC serves one primary role: story potential. This is why characters like the Saibamen are available, because they can be useful as fodder for the player to cut through. Because of the lack of certain characters in the roster, like Mecha Frieza and Dabura, the story mode skipped a lot of Dragon Ball history toward the end of it.

But here's the thing... XV2's story mode ends (originally) with a new timeline being hatched. If XV3 takes place in that timeline, then maybe the main story won't follow canon Dragon Ball history for a third time in a row. They could do something completely different, using the same characters but in a creative way. If this is the case, then taking inspiration from Heroes could actually work to their advantage, allowing them to really go wild with their scenarios.

At least, that's what I hope they're planning to do. I have to remind myself not to build unrealistic expectations for this series. Don't want to end up disappointed with a game that's decent but not what I was expecting.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:38 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:42 am But here's the thing... XV2's story mode ends (originally) with a new timeline being hatched. If XV3 takes place in that timeline, then maybe the main story won't follow canon Dragon Ball history for a third time in a row. They could do something completely different, using the same characters but in a creative way. If this is the case, then taking inspiration from Heroes could actually work to their advantage, allowing them to really go wild with their scenarios.

At least, that's what I hope they're planning to do. I have to remind myself not to build unrealistic expectations for this series. Don't want to end up disappointed with a game that's decent but not what I was expecting.
All they need to do is Expand the Infinite Story DLC into a full-length campaign. Please. Pretty please.

Kanassa wrote:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:48 am

Kanassa wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:38 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:42 am But here's the thing... XV2's story mode ends (originally) with a new timeline being hatched. If XV3 takes place in that timeline, then maybe the main story won't follow canon Dragon Ball history for a third time in a row. They could do something completely different, using the same characters but in a creative way. If this is the case, then taking inspiration from Heroes could actually work to their advantage, allowing them to really go wild with their scenarios.

All they need to do is Expand the Infinite Story DLC into a full-length campaign. Please. Pretty please.
That would be amazing, but again. Gotta keep my expectations in check when waiting for any sequel.

*Looks at The Elder Scrolls VI: Redfall*

I'm watching you. Don't you dare screw it up.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:01 am

Just realized I posted in the Legends topic thinking it was XV2. The discussion seems to come up a lot there. lol

But Legends has even less reason to avoid Heroes characters. They're not limited to canon material at all. This game will go on and on for years. If the character you're thinking of isn't in it, give it time. They'll most likely get in. That's how they make their money, by drawing people in with endless characters, who need to be leveled up, limit broken 14 times, and sometimes rising through Awoken ranks.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:21 pm

So, a longer than normal maintenance tonight and we have a new banner dropping tomorrow with Tournament of Power versions of 17 and 18. 18, at least, we know buffs units from Universe Survival Saga. No confirmation yet, but decent chance this is a new Legends All-Star banner given that these aren't the most hype units. I think this also lends a lot of credence to the theory of Anniversary being a ToP/GT split.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu May 06, 2021 4:23 pm

How long until the third anniversary?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:23 pm How long until the third anniversary?
I believe I saw a post on the Reddit today that said 24 days. Still no announcement of a new installment of Video & Stuff yet, maybe we'll have something more official pop this coming week.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 am

Well, shit, Legends got me good.

Kanassa wrote:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 am Well, shit, Legends got me good.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 12, 2021 11:40 am

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 12, 2021 11:44 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am

Kanassa wrote:

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm

Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time