"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed May 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Would SSB Shallot and anything featured in the 3rd anniversary be showcased in the upcoming Vjump?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed May 12, 2021 8:30 pm

Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 12, 2021 8:59 pm

About Part 10 start:
Kanassa wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 amI mean, it's not like a commercial game with limited slots that said characters would be taking up, so what would be your problem with what if forms existing in the game? Why would you actively hope against it? It doesn't affect anything.
Kodoshin got my point, there are still much characters to cover before resorting to that mess. But just by a matter of preference I would still prefer they never do that and stick up with characters from the actual series besides the game originals.

But changing on the subject, did ya give up on Main Story summaries?
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:21 pm Would SSB Shallot and anything featured in the 3rd anniversary be showcased in the upcoming Vjump?
Well, we hope so. 3rd Anniversary is on 31st May, so be ready.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 13, 2021 4:37 am

Kanassa wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:44 am
MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:16 am
Kanassa wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 am Well, shit, Legends got me good.
Hmm, bit dissapointed by this revelation as many of us have suspected this all along.
Haven't played the game for a year now.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 am

Noah wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:59 pm
But changing on the subject, did ya give up on Main Story summaries?
I live somewhere that just refuses to let me play mobile games that require internet, so I haven't actually been able to play Legends anymore for a while now, so I've been getitng msot of the plot through through random big moment snippets on youtube's reccommended; thus I've just stopped trying to summerize the plot since I'm missing a lot of the parts.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 14, 2021 10:14 am

So the next part is Goten and Trunks defusing while chasing Janemba. Hopefully he doesn't see them and attack.

They really should have fused versus cell the idiots I thought they were taken from before the fusion was learned originally.

I don't really know how they are going to get round this.

Who's left alive not at the battlefield? The four cell saga humans and Saiyan saga piccolo and gohan... SS2 cell games Gohan. Cabba is ko with giblet and shallot right? And SS1 kid Trunks...

Bardock and his crew.

Majin vegeta died didn't he?

Other than maybe Gohan none of them can handle zamasu let alone black

Where are kale and caulifla?

Why isn't zaha killing supreme kaioshin at this point now beerus has finally stepped in.

What's Whis gonna do that doesn't break angel neutrality.

Beerus canonically has a way to seal Zamasu right?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:14 am So the next part is Goten and Trunks defusing while chasing Janemba. Hopefully he doesn't see them and attack.

They really should have fused versus cell the idiots I thought they were taken from before the fusion was learned originally.

I don't really know how they are going to get round this.

Who's left alive not at the battlefield? The four cell saga humans and Saiyan saga piccolo and gohan... SS2 cell games Gohan. Cabba is ko with giblet and shallot right? And SS1 kid Trunks...

Bardock and his crew.

Majin vegeta died didn't he?

Other than maybe Gohan none of them can handle zamasu let alone black

Where are kale and caulifla?

Why isn't zaha killing supreme kaioshin at this point now beerus has finally stepped in.

What's Whis gonna do that doesn't break angel neutrality.

Beerus canonically has a way to seal Zamasu right?
Don't take the "preview" too seriously. They're notorious for telling us nothing. Often, that's the joke they're going for.

I think Whis is allowed to get involved. This isn't a mortal affair. This is a threat against the gods, so he's free to let loose.

One thing I'm wondering. Modern era Goku is here. Where's modern Vegeta? He might show up in Blue form and surprise attack Black. Plus, Goku has Ultra Instinct to fall back on.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Surprisingly, Black got really fucking strong even without transforming. Wonder what's that all about. If he can really match Goku in Blue like that, wouldn't his Rosé form be on a level similar to a Blue Fusion?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 15, 2021 7:52 am

Thani wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm Surprisingly, Black got really fucking strong even without transforming. Wonder what's that all about. If he can really match Goku in Blue like that, wouldn't his Rosé form be on a level similar to a Blue Fusion?
It's weird it was some dumb powerscaling almost as bad as the animes version though weirdly they are sometimes good about following manga scaling like super era ss1s not being far off buu and cell saga ones.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 15, 2021 7:55 am

Thani wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm Surprisingly, Black got really fucking strong even without transforming. Wonder what's that all about. If he can really match Goku in Blue like that, wouldn't his Rosé form be on a level similar to a Blue Fusion?
My guess would be we will get an improved merged zamasu have a more even fight with a veggetto or gogeta.

Possibly giblet and shallot fusion too to fight the master boss.

Didn't someone here say the Devs said the game was far from over? It seems like it should be in the endgame now.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 15, 2021 8:42 am

TobyS wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:55 am Didn't someone here say the Devs said the game was far from over? It seems like it should be in the endgame now.
The Devs said in March that they didn't have an endgame in mind yet, so the game was far from over, they just have a bunch of general concepts a few months ahead

Kanassa wrote:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm

I have a question about what happens if my Phone would have logged me right out of the Dragon Ball Legends App during an in-game Summoning Animation, like for an example, does anything bad happen to me in the form of not getting the characters that I should have gotten because of my Phone being a cybernetic dick to me by logging itself right out of Dragon Ball Legends while I was in the middle of playing said Mobile Game in order to get more playable characters?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 21, 2021 7:13 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm I have a question about what happens if my Phone would have logged me right out of the Dragon Ball Legends App during an in-game Summoning Animation
I think you're safe. You can check your last 10 summons in the game's options so you should be able to verify who you got.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri May 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:13 am
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm I have a question about what happens if my Phone would have logged me right out of the Dragon Ball Legends App during an in-game Summoning Animation
I think you're safe. You can check your last 10 summons in the game's options so you should be able to verify who you got.
I see, thank you very much. Xeogran.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 pm

You know even though this event might be fun (getting all Goku forms) it still irks me thinking we didn't need these bunch of Gokus AGAIN... For God's sake, we already have HERO YLW, EX BLU Goku and Kakarot for the Saiyan arc, why another fricking Namek SSJ since it's not even 3 months from the last (ULTRA) one! SSJ3 I can pass even though this the third and we didn't even got the one who fought Beerus. We needed another SSJ2 Goku for sure (I hope for the future to get the one who fought Black) and new SSJ God and Blue are acceptable.

When I got the first RED Goku I noticed that his play style is identical to EX BLU Goku, so probably the other ones are the same as their counterparts, but with different base stats, main abillity and green cards.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 26, 2021 10:39 am

"Thanks for keeping our game relevant for three years! This year, we're rewarding you with something special! A character you've all been asking for! We give you...six new Goku units!"

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 27, 2021 3:34 am

I am curiously watching the in-game progress from afar, since after two years of being addicted to it, I have finally broke the spell a year ago.
I am probably secretly hoping, that some update that will blow my mind and maybe, make me return to the game will happen.
Not happening with old character models, that just get a new artwork on card and maybe one new move :lol:

The legend of six Gokus!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 29, 2021 12:49 am

FINALLY SSJ4 GOGETA :clap: