"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat May 29, 2021 4:56 am

Kinda meh update for a 3rd anniversary :yawn:

And nothing for Shallot so again meh :yawn:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat May 29, 2021 7:12 am

GT banner is cool for Gogeta alone, but i'll take Eis and Nuova as well.
DBS banner is trash lol. Not a single new character.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 29, 2021 3:28 pm

I wouldn't say trash cause I kinda like having a Corrupted Merged Zamasu, but yea another freaking Vegetto Blue and EX Rosé? Not much impressive.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat May 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:28 pm I wouldn't say trash cause I kinda like having a Corrupted Merged Zamasu, but yea another freaking Vegetto Blue and EX Rosé? Not much impressive.
Vegito and Kefla are old characters with new moves, that's it. Corrupted Zamasu is another form of Fused Zamasu, not bad, the problem is he was already 2nd anniversary character along with Vegito Blue. This banner is just 2nd anniversary on steroids. GT banner gives you 3 new characters at least.

If they really wanted to repeat Kefla, they could've made her base form transforming into super saiyan for example. SSJ2 is more hype version, but she's already there in the same form, just different moves and she's still a solid unit. They went very lazy with this banner.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun May 30, 2021 11:43 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:46 pm
Noah wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:28 pm I wouldn't say trash cause I kinda like having a Corrupted Merged Zamasu, but yea another freaking Vegetto Blue and EX Rosé? Not much impressive.
Vegito and Kefla are old characters with new moves, that's it. Corrupted Zamasu is another form of Fused Zamasu, not bad, the problem is he was already 2nd anniversary character along with Vegito Blue. This banner is just 2nd anniversary on steroids. GT banner gives you 3 new characters at least.

If they really wanted to repeat Kefla, they could've made her base form transforming into super saiyan for example. SSJ2 is more hype version, but she's already there in the same form, just different moves and she's still a solid unit. They went very lazy with this banner.
Have to agree with this. Overall I'm not as invested in this banner, tbh. I love Merged Zamasu, but his corrupted form didn't click with me like the first one. And it sucks that THIS is the one who's Legends Limited. ):

Overall I appreciate Gogeta 4 and Nuova/Eis, although I'll not roll for them. My budget is low as it is, and I'm not terribly interested in any characters of this anniversary.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun May 30, 2021 2:34 pm

Thani wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:43 am My budget is low as it is, and I'm not terribly interested in any characters of this anniversary.
I just wasted 19k of CC (with 3 guaranteed sparking characters from tickets included) and got only Eis twice from anniversary characters so yeah, i think it's time to finally say goodbye to this game if i don't get Gogeta :lol:

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sun May 30, 2021 3:39 pm

I had a tough day. Went 18k deep on the Zamasu banner and only came away with Vegeto Blue and Kefla one time each, and they were both on the pity tickets. That was the only thing that prevented this from being a total Hindenberg. Stinks but that's how the RNG cookie crumbles. Gonna try and stick it out for another day or two but I'm not going to bankrupt myself since I'm hoping for them to drop a Red Godki Zenkai unit sometime not too far from now. Quite often a new LF will shortly after be followed by a unit that gives it a Zenkai buff, so that'd be a good consolation prize.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sun May 30, 2021 3:48 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:56 am Kinda meh update for a 3rd anniversary :yawn:

And nothing for Shallot so again meh :yawn:
I mean they did say there would be a second half to this, so I'd expect him in the second half just like last year.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun May 30, 2021 9:44 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:34 pm
Thani wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:43 am My budget is low as it is, and I'm not terribly interested in any characters of this anniversary.
I just wasted 19k of CC (with 3 guaranteed sparking characters from tickets included) and got only Eis twice from anniversary characters so yeah, i think it's time to finally say goodbye to this game if i don't get Gogeta :lol:
God DAMN hahaha

I know the feel, wasted my economies trying to get the Blue Gogeta when he came out, it was a bad time all around.

At this point tho, I just want to follow on the story. The rest of the game is pretty meh to me now.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon May 31, 2021 3:29 am

Thani wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:44 pm
God DAMN hahaha

I know the feel, wasted my economies trying to get the Blue Gogeta when he came out, it was a bad time all around.

At this point tho, I just want to follow on the story. The rest of the game is pretty meh to me now.
I don't remember when i've played story last time, my Shallot is still SSJ :lol:

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Mon May 31, 2021 8:40 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:29 am
Thani wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:44 pm

God DAMN hahaha

I don't remember when i've played story last time, my Shallot is still SSJ :lol:
Oh wow, that's a long time ago alright.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:46 pm

Man, I think all the lack of luck I had during that freaking Sign UI Goku banner I had back in these anniversary banners! I got all three main LFs: SSJ4 Gogeta, Merged Zamasu and M9 Gohan! Somebody tell me they increased the rates of these recent banners or I'll just accept that I've been blessed with very good luck lol

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:46 pm Man, I think all the lack of luck I had during that freaking Sign UI Goku banner I had back in these anniversary banners! I got all three main LFs: SSJ4 Gogeta, Merged Zamasu and M9 Gohan! Somebody tell me they increased the rates of these recent banners or I'll just accept that I've been blessed with very good luck lol

Honestly, I doubt they would have Beerus and Whis die to Zahha copying a GoD technique like that. Still, his pseudo-Super DB shouldn't be underestimated.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:57 pm

About recent banner and updates:

Majuub and SSJ3 Goku (GT) were a decent add, not much to say about LL 100% FP Freeza, did not expect SSBE Vegeta to get on Legends so soon. Still didn't get him, but I might try a few times.

Did not noticed much improvement from the update yet, it is cool to have a new animation for a perfect vanish? Yes, but was it necessary? Did not like much the new layout though.

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:45 pm

I didn't even know that perfect vanishes was a thing... Is there some reward for doing it right? Faster vanish bar recharge or something

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:31 am

Everyone around has the Ultra overhyped SSJ Blue Vegeta, but I am two rounds in and nothing...
Actually, all the other characters before were dropping on me all right, some just with 2 stars, but at least got them, now after the update, I am actually the one feeling that the drop rates suck hard on all banners.

I wouldn't mind if that Vegeta wasn't crucial to co-ops and Jiren tower, as in co-ops, he is way overpowered than other characters.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Regarding new banners and stuff: the only new characters that sparked my interest in these new banners were GoD Toppo and Blue Evolved Vegeta, too bad I failed in both. Caulifla & Kale duo were nice, but how about common SSJ Caulifla for a change and SSJ Kale as a separate char? Nice that we got a glimplse of what would be a Oozaru in this game, but do we really need another freaking Saiyan arc Vegeta? Nappa sure deserved a decent SP unit, hope we get some for 2nd, 3rd Freeza and Semi Perfect Cell.

The Saibamen event was somewhat fun. I'm enjoying that Zenkai are more assesible than used to be in the past. I think I prefer this Gautlet battle mode way better than those Battle 100 ones, specially because the first one is faster.

About the story so far...:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:23 pm

That new battle with hijacks 2 henchmen is fucking impossible. And they force you to use Gohan it sucks I'm so mad at it
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:32 am

So can anyone give advice I've hit a wall in the story mode with that battle.

My characters are max level and I filtered by BP.

I think I have fully soul broken or whatever the best of those ones of each colour.

Beyond that the two things I haven't explored is:

set bonuses, isn't there bonuses for like all from one era or all saiyans or whatever?

Items? how do they work? I have several what is best?

I need to juice my team up in one of these remaining ways to win.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:34 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:32 am So can anyone give advice I've hit a wall in the story mode with that battle.

My characters are max level and I filtered by BP.

I think I have fully soul broken or whatever the best of those ones of each colour.

Beyond that the two things I haven't explored is:

set bonuses, isn't there bonuses for like all from one era or all saiyans or whatever?

Items? how do they work? I have several what is best?

I need to juice my team up in one of these remaining ways to win.
TobyS, when you go right into the Main Menu of Dragon Ball Legends, go into the Characters Option of the Main Menu and check the Soul Boost Option if you have all of your characters Soul Boosted to the absolute maximum and then check the Equipment Option that is located right next to the Soul Boost Option in order to look for and click the Upgrade All Option that is located just right above all of the Equipment that you have collected.

The very next thing to do would be to select all of the Equipment that you have that haven't been upgraded yet and upgrade all of them, but you will be spending a lot of your resources for doing so.

Also, I am kind of stuck in Book 2, Chapter 2 of the Story Mode of Dragon Ball Legends too. Because of the fact that I haven't been playing Dragon Ball Legends for anymore than 181 days and I am at Z Level 228, but without most of the characters unlocked yet from me not spending any real money on the Dragon Ball Legends Game.