"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:16 pm

I wonder who's the character Legends is preparing for Black November, I hope for the love of god is not another Goku Black.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:15 am

Noah wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:16 pm I wonder who's the character Legends is preparing for Black November, I hope for the love of god is not another Goku Black.
Well, we don't have Full Power Ultra Instinct Goku. We just have Sign/Omen form. Don't know if they're willing to do that know, or if they're waiting for a bigger occasion.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:29 am

I would love some all the characters giveaway. I have almost all the chars in the game, except for few ones and only one I really desire is there for almost 3 years, Sparking GT Kid Goku!!! Can`t get him at all... It`s actually not hard to get all characters without money - yes, I have bought the crystals few times in discount - but that doesn`t guarantee virtually nothing. You just have to play regularly.
Had half a year hiatus and that put a dent on the chars, but still now I have complete Trio De Dangers etc.
Missing GOD Toppo, Kid Buu, GT Goku, Yellow SSJ4 Goku, Yellow SSJGSSJ Vegeta and Piccolo from fifth movie.

I actually enjoy the Ultra characters a lot. Would love to have other iconic ones like that, like Freeza, Cell, SSJ2 Gohan, EOZ Goku, Buu and Cell arc Trunks.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:22 am

So I beat the Bojack goons after equipping items and levelling up another red character.

All the high level limit brokens require insanely rare slow to grind souls.

I'm now stuck on the next mission where they get the dark ki.

And it's fucking impossible.

I'm quite pissed off. I even left a review in the app store saying this was a rare game that wasn't pay to win but it absolutely is now. The difficulty curve on the latest batch of missions is completely disproportionate and unprecedented. I've never had trouble with the game before. I'm annoyed I'm locked out of the story mode.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:05 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:22 am So I beat the Bojack goons after equipping items and levelling up another red character.

All the high level limit brokens require insanely rare slow to grind souls.

I'm now stuck on the next mission where they get the dark ki.

And it's fucking impossible.

I'm quite pissed off. I even left a review in the app store saying this was a rare game that wasn't pay to win but it absolutely is now. The difficulty curve on the latest batch of missions is completely disproportionate and unprecedented. I've never had trouble with the game before. I'm annoyed I'm locked out of the story mode.
It's funny, but even with my almost complete roster, haven't beat them yet even with maxed characters and Z equipment.
I will probably manage hardly, but no chance that I will complete the challenges here.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:04 pm

When I saw the new Goku/Vegeta Blue, I rolled my eyes. But then I saw their models. They're actually visually pleasing. Other Super Saiyan Blue Goku/Vegeta models have been pretty ugly looking, but their choice of colors here is nice. I also like the idea of a Goku with Vegeta as an assist. They've got their Kamehameha/Galick Gun combo from the Broly movie, which looks good, although I never understood why they chose to represent Galick Gun as yellow, when it has always been shown as purple, but whatever. It's movie accurate.

Also, when the heck did they add Yajirobe? I'm always happy to see minor characters represented. Ones who are often forgotten in Dragon Ball games. Legends has just about everyone now, short of baby Bra. lol

Edit: Correction. The new Goku/Vegeta isn't a Vegeta assist. Goku's main ability switches to Vegeta, and Vegeta's switches to Goku. That's interesting. Also, this triple Sparking power on summons is really nice. I got a new character and upgraded them to seven stars with just one summon.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:10 pm

I dunno but this new ad is hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣
https://youtu.be/bxKC0ArxGCM

Farmer with a shotgun looks spot-on 🤣🤣🤣
The world is your's.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:11 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:10 pm I dunno but this new ad is hilarious. 🤣🤣🤣
https://youtu.be/bxKC0ArxGCM

Farmer with a shotgun looks spot-on 🤣🤣🤣
No idea what they're saying, but I'm glad this ad exists. Too bad Farmer with a Shotgun isn't in the game yet. ...Yet. Maybe we'll get him for Christmas.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:22 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:04 pm Legends has just about everyone now,
Still no Garlic Jr for some reason :cry:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:07 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:22 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:04 pm Legends has just about everyone now,
Still no Garlic Jr for some reason :cry:
Dr. Wheelo, Bio Warriors (both from the second and eleventh movie), Bio Broly, Pui Pui, Yakon, Kaioshin, Kibito...
Still lot of characters missing. But the roster is actually impressive. Remember the beginning of the game when there was just Saiyan arc characters plus few from Namek arc and that was it. Then we got weird mix-ups as they included Broly from the Super movie as a promotion, but now everything has caught on.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:13 am

I just wish they'd stop releasing so many Goku and Vegeta alts, and focus more on original characters. I'd like to see Pilaf, Mai, and Shu in one of their Power Rangers style combining robots. As Dragon Ball's original villain, it's surprising how often Pilaf is overlooked in Dragon Ball games. Not that original Dragon Ball has ever received much representation in general. It's more often the Z, GT, and Super stuff. But in a game where Bulma and Launch are playable, why no love for Pilaf?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:43 pm

Didn't got much lucky in these recent banners, really would like to get Sword of Hope Trunks or UL Gogeta, but at least I got LL FP Broly and Gogeta Blue.

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:45 am

I have a question to ask about the improved version of Cell introduced in the Story Mode of Dragon Ball Legends, can anyone please tell me how does the original version of Cell from canon differ from the version of Cell from Dragon Ball Legends in terms of overall Power Level?

Like as such for an example, is Super Perfect Cell from canon stronger or weaker than Imperfect Cell from Dragon Ball Legends' Story Mode? As the Dragon Ball Wiki is not really helping me with trying to compare the two different versions of Cell.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:45 am I have a question to ask about the improved version of Cell introduced in the Story Mode of Dragon Ball Legends, can anyone please tell me how does the original version of Cell from canon differ from the version of Cell from Dragon Ball Legends in terms of overall Power Level?

Like as such for an example, is Super Perfect Cell from canon stronger or weaker than Imperfect Cell from Dragon Ball Legends' Story Mode? As the Dragon Ball Wiki is not really helping me with trying to compare the two different versions of Cell.
The way the story portrayed it, the improved Perfect Cell was strong enough to challenge SS2 Gohan and stand a good chance at winning. In fact, at full power, he could take on both Gohan and Shallot at the same time. He only got pressured when both were SS2, and even then he was planning on that.

His Super Perfect self was *much* stronger than both SS2's, but ultimately lost to their combined powers after they went way above their limits. So he's a lot stronger than his canon self, but probably still weaker than most (if not any) forms of Majin Buu.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Thani wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:42 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:45 am I have a question to ask about the improved version of Cell introduced in the Story Mode of Dragon Ball Legends, can anyone please tell me how does the original version of Cell from canon differ from the version of Cell from Dragon Ball Legends in terms of overall Power Level?

The way the story portrayed it, the improved Perfect Cell was strong enough to challenge SS2 Gohan and stand a good chance at winning. In fact, at full power, he could take on both Gohan and Shallot at the same time. He only got pressured when both were SS2, and even then he was planning on that.

His Super Perfect self was *much* stronger than both SS2's, but ultimately lost to their combined powers after they went way above their limits. So he's a lot stronger than his canon self, but probably still weaker than most (if not any) forms of Majin Buu.
Well, thank you very much. Thani.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:20 pm

I always end up impressed by this game's story mode. Really curious to see if Giblet has something up his sleeve or he is just strong enough to face Frieza. And Bardock not going Super Saiyan was ironically enough a surprise.

Also, Shallot vaguely remembering Z Broly is a really cool detail, I wonder if the two Brolys will clash at some point.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm

Can anyone tell me what happens in the story after the Bojack gang do their thing.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:37 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm Can anyone tell me what happens in the story after the Bojack gang do their thing.
Basically...
So far that's all we have.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Thani wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:37 pm
TobyS wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm Can anyone tell me what happens in the story after the Bojack gang do their thing.
Basically...
Thanks a lot, so is Caulifla dead? I guess preventing Kefla stops anyone other than a couple of instances of Goku and a few of the super era villians being stronger than Shallot and the main baddies.

Damn Shallot should really not be weaker than a GT dragon but I guess he will probably get a ROSAT visit or Blue next.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 am

TobyS wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 pm
Thani wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:37 pm
Basically...
Thanks a lot, so is Caulifla dead? I guess preventing Kefla stops anyone other than a couple of instances of Goku and a few of the super era villians being stronger than Shallot and the main baddies.

Damn Shallot should really not be weaker than a GT dragon but I guess he will probably get a ROSAT visit or Blue next.
I don't think they'll kill Caulifla without showing us Kefla, so as it stands she's just a hostage for now.

Yeah, I didn't really expect Shallot to lose to Nuova despite being a Super Saiyan God, not sure if I appreciate it. It feels like the game is pushing the SS4 = Blue in power that Heroes went with (which is reinforced by past events, like Omega Shenron and Merged Zamasu being somewhat relative to one another, and SS4 Gogeta being formed to challenge Corrupted M. Zamasu).