"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:22 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:.
Yo, i saw theDevilsCorpse post on twitter about the mystery person from the DBL trailer. I’m, Bro Opont (A__Nation) by the way.

We have a clearly look at the person and they kind of look like Young Mechikabura with a helmet that just so happens to fit the hair spike on Mechikabura’s head perfectly.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:.
Yo, i saw theDevilsCorpse post on twitter about the mystery person from the DBL trailer. I’m, Bro Opont (A__Nation) by the way.

We have a clearly look at the person and they kind of look like Young Mechikabura with a helmet that just so happens to fit the hair spike on Mechikabura’s head perfectly.
I did think this too, but I'm not sure if its the same.

The hooded figure in red also looks like dark masked king but I'm sure its not him either unless they plan a pleasant surprise too a king vegeta fan like ne

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:04 pm

I know more about him than the guy in the red hood. I obviously can't share that yet, but I will say it's not Mechickaboola.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Some people were discussing the use of 3D models in Legends earlier and how it might be too much for some devices. It would seem the developers have this same thought in mind as they tweeted this out earlier. I don't play a lot of mobile games, but this is a much more complex detail menu than I'm used to seeing (Dokkan's menu being a good example as to what I would consider standard.) I would assume the most up-to-date devices would be able to handle max settings and probably even the generation preceding it, but we'll learn all this pretty quickly with the beta starting very soon and the eventual release of the game.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I know more about him than the guy in the red hood. I obviously can't share that yet, but I will say it's not Mechickaboola.
I do believe its a demon though due to the ear shape and white hair. Also, is there a chance that you also know how DBL is connected to the Movie? And while i know that you wouldn't be able to say, could you rate the connection from a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being major and 1 being minor?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm

There's not much for me to spoil. If you watch Geekdom's content, he pretty much already covered what I've been told about that. Which is that there probably is no real connection as of right now, beyond the fact that they will almost certainly be working to bring the movie's new characters into the game's story at some point.

If there's anything more to it than that, no one has passed that info down the grapevines I'm privy to.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I know more about him than the guy in the red hood. I obviously can't share that yet, but I will say it's not Mechickaboola.
so those two arent the same people? interesting

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:21 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:so those two arent the same people? interesting
I've been told story info relating to Shallot and the swordsman. However, none of the swordsman info covers whether he's also the guy in the red hood or not. He could be, but for now I'll presume he's not since they wouldn't have needed to hide him with the hood because the sword image already reveals part of his design.

(Also that Broli is the first boss, but that was already shown in the Nico Nico stream. So it's not really news.)

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:38 am

One_Instance wrote:Some people were discussing the use of 3D models in Legends earlier and how it might be too much for some devices. It would seem the developers have this same thought in mind as they tweeted this out earlier. I don't play a lot of mobile games, but this is a much more complex detail menu than I'm used to seeing (Dokkan's menu being a good example as to what I would consider standard.) I would assume the most up-to-date devices would be able to handle max settings and probably even the generation preceding it, but we'll learn all this pretty quickly with the beta starting very soon and the eventual release of the game.
Yeah, I just noticed you need at least 3gb of RAM so it's a good thing I already thought ahead when buying a new phone. But I'm glad they're pulling out all the stops at least in the graphics department.
Feels over Reals.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:37 am

Beta is pretty fun so far.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Beta is pretty fun so far.
How does it compare to xenoverse?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:37 am

sangofe wrote:
Despite very clearly being based on XV it doesn't really play like it at all.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Despite very clearly being based on XV it doesn't really play like it at all.
Is it similar to any game having been released before?

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 am

The music in this game gives me serious Dragon Ball Online vibes :D loving it so far

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 am

sangofe wrote:
Is it similar to any game having been released before?
Not really, honestly.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:42 am

Since we’re not getting XV3 until likely 2020, i’m Hoping this game will feature the Trio as playable characters

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:46 am

I'm having way more fun with this game than I expected...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:03 pm

From what I’ve seen, the story is very interesting. As many of us have been saying, its basically exactly what the Supreme Kai of Time Chronoa was talking about in dbxv2 DLC pack 2. She basically came up with the concept of having a Tournament similar to that of the T.o.P where there would be warriors from different eras. Low and behold, Dimps took their own idea and put it into another game. The Tournament of Time.

Thinking about it now, Dimps basically rules the DB game world. They made DBHeroes/SuperDBHeroes, the Xenoverse series, and now DBLegends which i bet will bring Dokkan down for the count. And all games have something to do with time travel in some way.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm

I believe Shallot comes from the time exactly before the explosion of Planet Sadala, based from the first lines of dialogue we see about a world disappearing, and Shallot's comrade/friend/whoever shouted at him to run and save himself from the disaster.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:09 pm

The boy Komodoxeno datamined DBL and here is what he found: https://mobile.twitter.com/komodoxeno/s ... 9672685569

Apparently its just the tip of the ice-berg for info.

He found to new original characters like Shallot. Gilblet and Zahha. He also found some other stuff like the training spots and Adventure mode stages (which look like completely original places for the db world).

[spoiler]i really wouldn’t mind if Dimps repurposes these characters and places for XV3. I really want Beerus’s planet, King Kai’s planet, Zeno’s Palace, and Kame House to be stages in XV3.[/spoiler]