"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 26, 2020 7:56 pm

I'm wondering how long they're going to hold off on Ultra Instinct for. lol

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm

As much as I enjoyed the hype of a new SSJ4 Goku, SSJR Trunks, Merged Zamasu and Omega Shenron, I was expecting more than a Raid Battle?
The concept was cool, but it was gone way too quickly also without any interesting rewards.

About the upcoming banner:

I'm only interested in FP SSJ4 Goku (for my GT team) and Vegetto Blue, even though I don't have his PUR SSJ counterpart (to have a more balancead Fusions team)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 am

Noah wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm About the upcoming banner:

I'm only interested in FP SSJ4 Goku (for my GT team) and Vegetto Blue, even though I don't have his PUR SSJ counterpart (to have a more balancead Fusions team)
EX Gogeta is the biggest middle finger they could give to everyone hoping for Gogeta SSJ4 or Gogeta Blue.
Like seriously, all of Vegito units are so much better than Gogeta units and now this? They should've added SSJ4 Gogeta to GT banner.
I only hope when Gogeta comes he will boost GT tag, not Fusion tag (or both at least), as i'm not interested in playing Fusion team.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 31, 2020 7:02 am

Somehow the previous anniversary felt bigger or more epic kind of... Zamasu and Vegito Blue are actually nice, would really love to get Vegito and the new Trunks. I have got the Fusef Zamasu but I am not much fan of that character.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Go lucky with a summoning rates I got all the units of the anniversary event and even more I got Beerus LF & Goku GT Dragon Punch. Yet Hit is not in my list of characters.

Can't wait for the new story add-on.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:08 pm

I was pretty disappointed with the anniversary. I guess it's on me for expecting SSB Gogeta, but I didn't think they would bring in Vegito when he was already the star for the first anniversary. I also didn't expect them to give Vegito Gogeta's fight with Broly, that was total slap in the face.

I can't tell if the developers just really like Vegito or hate Gogeta.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:00 am

I did enjoy playing this game a lot but it did get a little repetitive. I thought the story was a little bit bland as well, but the character roster is pretty good.
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:44 am

Got Trunks and Zamasu... but no Blue yet. The drop rates are awful, tough I have seen some low stars Vegitos in co-op...
I have burnt trough the first summon ladder almost two times already, so it is probably time to go trough the second, to have chance to get the new SSJ4 Goku and Shenron at least. But luckily, I have got lot of units from this event I was missing, like Goku Black Rose, Transforming Movie Vegeta and SSJ4 Vegeta.

I have Vegito on 2 stars from the event last year and he is not dropping at all even from all these summon events he is in, so I would be extremely lucky if I ever get Blue Vegito. The other rare character for me is Super Buu, have not dropped for me since release.
I don't like the Legends Limited characters as if you miss the window to obtain them, you are simply out of luck completely.

Vegito is probably the hardest to get character in this game, so I am at piece with 2 stars SSJ Vegito as I am probably lucky to even have him :lol:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Yeah Vegito is a rare drop for sure. I'm lucky to get Base Vegito from an event lol.

Other than that, with the recent additions I got Rose Black and Rage Trunks. Both are visually pleasing and Black's moves are very nicely animated!

Has none got their hands on Ultra Full Power SS4 Goku? How's does he play like?
P O W E R

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 pm

what does everyone think of this new development ?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:59 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 pm
Sure, it was kinda weird that he fought on par with Shalot without any transformation, as Shalot was turning all three SSJ forms against him...

I just miss more unique characters in this game except for Shallot, Giblet (Shalot in jacket) and Zahha who is definitely the mastermind behind all of it.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:59 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:23 pm
Sure, it was kinda weird that he fought on par with Shalot without any transformation, as Shalot was turning all three SSJ forms against him...

I just miss more unique characters in this game except for Shallot, Giblet (Shalot in jacket) and Zahha who is definitely the mastermind behind all of it.
I wonder if the apparent mastermind behind the Tournament of Time is in fact the original version of Shallot or the aforementioned mastermind could be another alternate version of one of the other prominent characters like Zahha. As there might be a slim chance that Shallot and Giblet might be so much more than just twin brothers from the both of them being a little different than the rest of the Saiyans featured in Dragon Ball Legends.

But to be completely and utterly honest, if Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super wasn't such a complete and utter ignoramus, then Son Goku would have been able to help a lot more by helping Shallot recover his memories by Son Goku simply reading Shallot's mind and telling Shallot enough about his forgotten past to have Shallot remember who he was before ending up in the present. Then Son Goku would have transformed into his Super Saiyan Blue form and used his Instant Transmission technique to have hunted down every single bad guy and every single bad girl on Planet Earth before any innocent lives would have been lost.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 am

IMO, Zahha makes a lot of sense as the twist villain.

1. We know practically nothing about him, other than him being a demon.

2. He serves very little purpose in the story, despite being an original character. If he turns out to be the mastermind, that'd instantly make him more relevant.

3. He disappears a lot. Gives him plenty of time to sneak off and give orders to his underlings.

If it turns out to be true, though, what's his motivation? I've got a suspicion. Maybe he's from the future, and some super powerful villain threatens the universe. So he organized this tournament to find somebody strong enough to help him. This could explain why the mastermind is keeping Shallot alive. He sees that Shallot is growing at a fast rate, and he's carefully choosing what villains to send his way to push him to the next level.

It would also explain why he hasn't killed the Supreme Kai, considering he knows what Beerus is doing. He's not really the bad guy. He just wanted Beerus to stay out of the way.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 am IMO, Zahha makes a lot of sense as the twist villain.

1. We know practically nothing about him, other than him being a demon.

2. He serves very little purpose in the story, despite being an original character. If he turns out to be the mastermind, that'd instantly make him more relevant.

3. He disappears a lot. Gives him plenty of time to sneak off and give orders to his underlings.

If it turns out to be true, though, what's his motivation? I've got a suspicion. Maybe he's from the future, and some super powerful villain threatens the universe. So he organized this tournament to find somebody strong enough to help him. This could explain why the mastermind is keeping Shallot alive. He sees that Shallot is growing at a fast rate, and he's carefully choosing what villains to send his way to push him to the next level.

It would also explain why he hasn't killed the Supreme Kai, considering he knows what Beerus is doing. He's not really the bad guy. He just wanted Beerus to stay out of the way.
THAT! would actually be interesting and I really hope that you are right :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:02 am

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:02 am

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:31 pm

As much as I enjoy the story (except the Super Cell Games, boy was that boring), I think it's way too obvious that the mastermind is someone from an erased universe...and they being Zahha wouldn't be surprising either. So I hope there is something more to the whole thing (why a tournament of all things?).

I'm also extremely curious about the whole Giblet development, I didn't expect it.
Then again, his power was been extremely inconsistent as he has gotten stronger and stronger by the plot's demands (without getting any SS form for some bizarre reason) and while I get that it isn't impossible because of the whole Dark ki power-ups... I won't be surprised if they don't explain this new power either.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Well, Giblet apparently sees the yellow-aura Super Saiyan as a sort of "mark of shame" related to the impure "bloods" he constantly talks about, isn't that right? It makes sense that he wants nothing to do with it. As to how he's so strong, well, maybe the Mastermind and the Dark-ki does have much to do about it. I mean, Turles managed to pretty much fight SSj Shallot somewhat evenly, despite not being able to transform.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 pm But to be completely and utterly honest, if Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super wasn't such a complete and utter ignoramus, then Son Goku would have been able to help a lot more by helping Shallot recover his memories by Son Goku simply reading Shallot's mind and telling Shallot enough about his forgotten past to have Shallot remember who he was before ending up in the present. Then Son Goku would have transformed into his Super Saiyan Blue form and used his Instant Transmission technique to have hunted down every single bad guy and every single bad girl on Planet Earth before any innocent lives would have been lost.
Yeah, except that the Mastermind appears to know about Goku's relationship with Beerus. So if he acted that way, then Supreme Kai's death would be a given. Which was the entire reason why DBS Goku did not intervene as much as he wants.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Thani wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 pm Well, Giblet apparently sees the yellow-aura Super Saiyan as a sort of "mark of shame" related to the impure "bloods" he constantly talks about, isn't that right? It makes sense that he wants nothing to do with it. As to how he's so strong, well, maybe the Mastermind and the Dark-ki does have much to do about it. I mean, Turles managed to pretty much fight SSj Shallot somewhat evenly, despite not being able to transform.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 pm But to be completely and utterly honest, if Son Goku from Dragon Ball Super wasn't such a complete and utter ignoramus, then Son Goku would have been able to help a lot more by helping Shallot recover his memories by Son Goku simply reading Shallot's mind and telling Shallot enough about his forgotten past to have Shallot remember who he was before ending up in the present. Then Son Goku would have transformed into his Super Saiyan Blue form and used his Instant Transmission technique to have hunted down every single bad guy and every single bad girl on Planet Earth before any innocent lives would have been lost.
Yeah, except that the Mastermind appears to know about Goku's relationship with Beerus. So if he acted that way, then Supreme Kai's death would be a given. Which was the entire reason why DBS Goku did not intervene as much as he wants.
Giblet has proven himself to be nothing more than a edgy version of Shallot and Son Goku would have been able to stop the Mastermind if Son Goku hadn't wasted any time and acted right as soon as he would have felt countless Ki signatures he had been familiar with starting to appear all over the Planet Earth. As in Son Goku transforming into his long-since mastered Super Saiyan Blue form and then using all of his power right from the start by basically one-shotting every revived male, female, and especially asexual villain he would be able to sense. Which would have included Giblet and the Mastermind as the both of them would have been much weaker than Son Goku at this point since Giblet and the Mastermind did seem to be exploiting the Tournament of Time in order to have made themselves stronger.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Thani wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:05 pm Well, Giblet apparently sees the yellow-aura Super Saiyan as a sort of "mark of shame" related to the impure "bloods" he constantly talks about, isn't that right? It makes sense that he wants nothing to do with it. As to how he's so strong, well, maybe the Mastermind and the Dark-ki does have much to do about it. I mean, Turles managed to pretty much fight SSj Shallot somewhat evenly, despite not being able to transform.
That's true, fair enough. Honestly I really want them to explain the whole blood deal more, it's really interesting and I still have not figured out what he exsctly means by it. Iirc he called Goku "the blood of the tainted". That would make sensea with someone who is only half-saiyan like Gohan or Trunks, but why Goku? Why be against the Super Saiyan form yet still hold the God form in high respect? Without fully understanding it it's hard to get Giblet's motivations as well. I mean he still sounds like a radical but I want to know his exact reasoning.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.