"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6281
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:37 pm

GuanYu wrote:this saiyan name is 'shallot (シャロット)

from this 1.08.10
> http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311413263
Huh!? Isn't "Shallot" supposed to be Bra's Saiyan name by Vegeta? :eh:

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:55 am

Grimlock wrote:
GuanYu wrote:this saiyan name is 'shallot (シャロット)

from this 1.08.10
> http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311413263
Huh!? Isn't "Shallot" supposed to be Bra's Saiyan name by Vegeta? :eh:
He was debating giving it to her but settled on an earth name

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I Live Here
Posts: 2103
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:17 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
GuanYu wrote:this saiyan name is 'shallot (シャロット)

from this 1.08.10
> http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311413263
Huh!? Isn't "Shallot" supposed to be Bra's Saiyan name by Vegeta? :eh:
He was debating giving it to her but settled on an earth name
No, Bulma overrode him and he didn't argue.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:00 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Huh!? Isn't "Shallot" supposed to be Bra's Saiyan name by Vegeta? :eh:
He was debating giving it to her but settled on an earth name
No, Bulma overrode him and he didn't argue.
I never said he debated it with bulma, just he was debating (with himself) on the names. We even see him coming up with ideas like 'this one? no this one? or maybe this...'

then bulma just goes BRA, and he like 'wife is the boss.'

but he was considering a few saiyan names.



Actually this raises a good point. If Goku has two names, an earth and a saiyan name, I wonder what the other half breeds would have as their native names

User avatar
Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:30 am

Grimlock wrote:
GuanYu wrote:this saiyan name is 'shallot (シャロット)

from this 1.08.10
> http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311413263
Huh!? Isn't "Shallot" supposed to be Bra's Saiyan name by Vegeta? :eh:
Time for baseless theories that he's Vegeta's grandpa

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Game was advertised with 5 early-DBZ characters and...GT Pan.
It feels so random.

I mean i don't mind it at all. GT Pan is my favourite character in franchise. It's just so weird. Maybe they tried to get attention of younger audience with that?

Anyway, since they want to add many characters we might at last see playable Baby Vegeta in his non-ape form. Something that Xenoverse didn't have balls to do despite many people actually asking for him. Also, since this game uses Xenoverse-style graphics, then it might help modders to make mods for Xenoverse using character models that didn't appear in XV but appeared in Legends (Mercenary Tao for example).

Speaking of apes, i wonder what about huge characters like apes, Lord Slug, Hirudegarn. I hope they will appear as bosses at least.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6090
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:35 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Something that Xenoverse didn't have balls to do despite many people actually asking for him
I'm sorry. Balls? I think you're getting expressions mixed up.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SuperCyan2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 pm

I'm kind of excited for this Android (and iOS) game to be released but I hope it will be playable offline and if possible, functional with a controller (Bluetooth or Wired via OTG) even if it's just one button.

This game is looking much better than Xenoverse already in that the pace looks way quicker and entertaining, two things I can't really say about Xenoverse 2. This is how I feel when I play Xenoverse 2 now (and it wasn't even that good before but before I at least had the story to complete) ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6QrrShjDe0

Funny how I find Tap Battle way more enjoyable than Xenoverse 2. :P
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:I'm kind of excited for this Android (and iOS) game to be released but I hope it will be playable offline and if possible, functional with a controller (Bluetooth or Wired via OTG) even if it's just one button.

This game is looking much better than Xenoverse already in that the pace looks way quicker and entertaining, two things I can't really say about Xenoverse 2. This is how I feel when I play Xenoverse 2 now (and it wasn't even that good before but before I at least had the story to complete) ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6QrrShjDe0

Funny how I find Tap Battle way more enjoyable than Xenoverse 2. :P
Mate the android game is out, its called FighterZ

Image

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:07 am

So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6281
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 pm

The Japanese pronunciation would be that, I think. But his name is different in spelling, it's "Shallot". While Bra would be "Eschallot".

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
waiting for a dub to mistranslate him as Charlotte

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
Its funny because thats what i named my Ultimate Tenkachi character.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:11 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
waiting for a dub to mistranslate him as Charlotte
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
Its funny because thats what i named my Ultimate Tenkachi character.
シャロット "kanji" Sharotto "romaji"/ Shallot "English translation" (likely) :think:

And the pun come from this little fellow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallot

My Saiyan OC is named Takeno from Take no Ko a pun of Bamboo Sprout who are use as vegetable in some country.
Here is his look: https://teoma-the-naraotor.deviantart.c ... -502475827

:angel:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
waiting for a dub to mistranslate him as Charlotte
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
Its funny because thats what i named my Ultimate Tenkachi character.
シャロット "kanji" Sharotto "romaji"/ Shallot "English translation" (likely) :think:

And the pun come from this little fellow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallot

My Saiyan OC is named Takeno from Take no Ko a pun of Bamboo Sprout who are use as vegetable in some country.
Here is his look: https://teoma-the-naraotor.deviantart.c ... -502475827

:angel:
I know the pun was from Shallots, I was just thinking about how since l and r get switched in japanese, it wouldnt shock me if somewhere in the world he gets called charlotte, or if it becomes a joke name down the line.

Vegeta: HA SHALLOT! THATS A GIRLS NAME

Piccolo: isnt that the name of your ancestor?

Vegeta: please if you mean to tell me this saiyan from the past is actually my grandfaaaaaaa.......

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:43 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: waiting for a dub to mistranslate him as Charlotte
AnimeNation101 wrote: Its funny because thats what i named my Ultimate Tenkachi character.
シャロット "kanji" Sharotto "romaji"/ Shallot "English translation" (likely) :think:

And the pun come from this little fellow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallot

My Saiyan OC is named Takeno from Take no Ko a pun of Bamboo Sprout who are use as vegetable in some country.
Here is his look: https://teoma-the-naraotor.deviantart.c ... -502475827

:angel:
I know the pun was from Shallots, I was just thinking about how since l and r get switched in japanese, it wouldnt shock me if somewhere in the world he gets called charlotte, or if it becomes a joke name down the line.

Vegeta: HA SHALLOT! THATS A GIRLS NAME

Piccolo: isnt that the name of your ancestor?

Vegeta: please if you mean to tell me this saiyan from the past is actually my grandfaaaaaaa.......
How about Charlot
Image

8)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:18 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:


How about Charlot
Image

8)
I'm not unseeing this any time soon

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
waiting for a dub to mistranslate him as Charlotte
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So the name it's Sharotto ? :wtf:
Its funny because thats what i named my Ultimate Tenkachi character.
シャロット "kanji" Sharotto "romaji"/ Shallot "English translation" (likely) :think:

And the pun come from this little fellow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallot

My Saiyan OC is named Takeno from Take no Ko a pun of Bamboo Sprout who are use as vegetable in some country.
Here is his look: https://teoma-the-naraotor.deviantart.c ... -502475827

:angel:
Cool design!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
RedHeat
Regular
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Just a quick question, I know there's a private beta and I missed the first round of sign-ups but does the second end on the 6th? The phone I ordered won't be arriving until Thursday so I don't wanna miss out lol.
Feels over Reals.

User avatar
One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:47 pm
Location: Gengoro Island

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by One_Instance » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:36 pm

RedHeat wrote:Just a quick question, I know there's a private beta and I missed the first round of sign-ups but does the second end on the 6th? The phone I ordered won't be arriving until Thursday so I don't wanna miss out lol.
The second round of sign ups ends on the eighth, so you should have a little bit of extra time to work with. More info here

Post Reply