Sparking NEO Impressions:

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:46 pm

She doesn't necessarily insult you...Just takes you for a person who can't understand Japanese.
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:48 pm

Well she tries to talk me out of it at least, which I don't like.
"..but that won't do you any good now would it?"

Pssh, hearing voice actors who can convey emotion even across a language barrier does me a lot of good actually. Screw you Chi-Chi. Haha. :P
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Humpski wrote: Screw you Chi-Chi. Haha. :P
Well, someone needs to.

Wait, what? Topic? Oh, okay.

From what I've experienced of the game (I... uh... watched a lot of videos! But I plan to get it for Wii... someday.), it seems good; an improvement over Sparking! 1, to be sure, I think that I hope.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:40 pm

Humpski wrote:Well she tries to talk me out of it at least, which I don't like.
"..but that won't do you any good now would it?"

Pssh, hearing voice actors who can convey emotion even across a language barrier does me a lot of good actually. Screw you Chi-Chi. Haha. :P
What I got from it was that you wouldn't get and bonus or special items, or complete the game any faster. I found it quite intertaining.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the game. They inprooved it a lot from the first installment. Although, they need to do a better job of explaining things. I did go through the training mode before starting story mode but more things needed to be gone over further. Such as if you have more than two people in a tag mode, how to chose which one to tag to. And on the move list, it would really help if the sequence that follow another sequence were closer together. It took me a few days to realize that the Kiai Cannon that preceded the Kiai Smash was listed several screen up. Not a really BIG thing, but I don't need to be more confused than what I already be.

And why is it that anytime I want to select a scenario from the world map Goku has to go through his whole introduction every ... single ... time. Also, why does the Intro Movie suck so badly. I really liked the last intro, but this one's character designs look really horrible. And why are they fighting in space?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:50 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Well, someone needs to.
I volunteer.

And I'll kill anyone who tries to get ahead of me.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:58 pm

Rocketman wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
Well, someone needs to.
I volunteer.

Goku?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:39 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:Goku?
He's not a problem. Why do you think ChiChi's so grouchy in the first place?

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 am

Majin Buu wrote:
Kula wrote:From what I've seen of the game so far it doesn't look that much different from BT1. I definitely be picking it up, just not at $75 (£40)

Also, I’m a bit disappointed that #14 and #15 aren't in the game. Aren't they the only major characters that are missing?
*cough*Piccolo Daimao and Dr.Whello*cough*.
Honestly, while playing through the game, I made a list in my head of 70 other characters that could be in this game. All of them DB-related (except Arale from Slump, but she was in the cross over!) But as my friend said, "They could make a game with every character ever thought up in the series, and you'd still point out the one Dog-man they missed". So I'm only going to be vocal about one on the list. Dr.Whello. Was he not the shit? Every other movie main villain made it! Even lame ones like #13 and Hildegarn. A giant bug man and a flammboyant trucker?! Totally not as good as an over-sized human brain in a giant mech. They could've even done a "What-If?" where he really took Goku's body and invents the cure for several dieases! UGH. Son-kun is truly selfish! Imagine the kind of things that the strongest body and the smartest brain could do together?!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:39 am

Rocketman wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
Well, someone needs to.
I volunteer.

Meh, whatever, I'll wait for Bulma thanks ^^ ... I need a life. XD

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:59 am

djkalteraphine wrote:
Majin Buu wrote:
Kula wrote:From what I've seen of the game so far it doesn't look that much different from BT1. I definitely be picking it up, just not at $75 (£40)

Also, I’m a bit disappointed that #14 and #15 aren't in the game. Aren't they the only major characters that are missing?
*cough*Piccolo Daimao and Dr.Whello*cough*.
Honestly, while playing through the game, I made a list in my head of 70 other characters that could be in this game. All of them DB-related (except Arale from Slump, but she was in the cross over!) But as my friend said, "They could make a game with every character ever thought up in the series, and you'd still point out the one Dog-man they missed". So I'm only going to be vocal about one on the list. Dr.Whello. Was he not the shit? Every other movie main villain made it! Even lame ones like #13 and Hildegarn. A giant bug man and a flammboyant trucker?! Totally not as good as an over-sized human brain in a giant mech. They could've even done a "What-If?" where he really took Goku's body and invents the cure for several dieases! UGH. Son-kun is truly selfish! Imagine the kind of things that the strongest body and the smartest brain could do together?!
Now that I think of it yeah you're right, they could have easily done Dr Wheelo. They have lots of giant characters in the game.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:33 pm

Ai yai yai yai yai! I just got my copy today and it wasn't fun at all! :x

Well, not yet. The system has become very complex. Right now, I'm still working on reacting to smash attacks so I could block in the right direction. And Ping-ponging doesn't exist in the training mode, so I'm scouring through the net for instructions on how to do that. For those of you who learned how to react fast enough to the direction smash attacks, how the hell do you do it!? It must so advantageous to block in the right direction all the time!
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:45 pm

Which character do you guys think is the best in the game?

I know that many are similar, but I do find some differences in some of them. For example: I think Super 17 is so powerful in this game that its almost unfair to play as him. His Ki bar also rises pretty fast.

Also I love the game but found a very easy way to win 100% everytime.
If you were to punch the enemy with the square botton so much that he can't move, you begin to raise your Ki. The moment he tries to fight back, you just teleport behind him and keep punching until the end of the fight.
This is very easy even on difficult mode and is my only big problem with the game.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Aoi wrote:Which character do you guys think is the best in the game?
So far, I had just finished the fight between SSJ2 Gohan and Super Perfect Cell at Level 3. I have to say that these two characters are, in my opinion, the strongest at this point of the point, if not, the fastest. The first time controlling SSJ2 Gohan kicking Perfect Cell's butt had simply caused me to drop my jaw in awe about how fast the little sucker is. Afterwards, Super Perfect Cell appears and starts kicking my butt. And I thought SSJ Goku was fast enough! Man, my fight with Full Power Freeza was WAY fast that it was near impossible! Imagine my shock at the speed of Gohan vs. Cell battles. :shock:
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Aoi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Aoi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:04 pm

I agree with that. The great thing about the game is how much stronger some characters feel over others.

For me these are the characters that feel the most powerful-
-SSJ2 Gohan and maybe the final Gohan
-SSJ 3 Goku and SSJ2 and 4 Gogeta. Goku is incredible at SSJ3.
- Super 17 and The final dragon in dragon ball GT has a very powerful attack. Super 17s "Up ki" attack is incredible. It is when he removes his hand to shoot his ki.
- One that feels very strong is Janemba's last form.

There are then the characters who are very weak and slow like-
- Kibitoshin or Kaioshin. These are very bad to use.
- Yajirobe
- Most of the ginyu force. I love Jeice but he's so very mediocre in this game to use.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:18 am

Aoi wrote:There are then the characters who are very weak and slow like-
- Kibitoshin or Kaioshin. These are very bad to use.
- Yajirobe
- Most of the ginyu force. I love Jeice but he's so very mediocre in this game to use.
Kibitoshin/Kaioshin not so bad but hard to use, at his his UB is great and his B2 cost very little ki bars. Yajirobe is actually very easy to use, use some Ka-Blam Slash or Hammer and maybe the UB and you be ok, plus the senzu healing attack is very good. But ginyu force I can't say anything since I don't use them often.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:28 am

Well they DID screw up on Ginyu's body change attack.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:31 am

I think I saw Ginyu use the body change on you but he becomes some else, I think that what they did right? Man, I love the old body change, once you get weak, BODY CHANGE!
New rank!
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:33 am

Nowadays it's done much like Buu's absorbtion in Budokai, except for the added con that you can't use any special attacks hen you've changed.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Yup, just tried it, the worst special yet, you change like Buu in Budokai and worst is you can't even use anything, not B1, B2 or UB, Ginyu really deprove from the last game. How does he even body change with someone who you can't see, now that sucks.

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

johnny139

Post by johnny139 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:52 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:Honestly, while playing through the game, I made a list in my head of 70 other characters that could be in this game. All of them DB-related (except Arale from Slump, but she was in the cross over!) But as my friend said, "They could make a game with every character ever thought up in the series, and you'd still point out the one Dog-man they missed". So I'm only going to be vocal about one on the list. Dr.Whello. Was he not the shit? Every other movie main villain made it! Even lame ones like #13 and Hildegarn. A giant bug man and a flammboyant trucker?! Totally not as good as an over-sized human brain in a giant mech. They could've even done a "What-If?" where he really took Goku's body and invents the cure for several dieases! UGH. Son-kun is truly selfish! Imagine the kind of things that the strongest body and the smartest brain could do together?!
Really? I can think of, maybe, two dozen or so, but 70? Could I see some examples? But anyways, yeah, a playable Dr. Wheelo in the vain or an Oozaru would be great. Movie #13 gets two characters, but #2 doesn't get any? A travesty.